sinista

shawneramone

biggz53

shawneramone

I bought a tungsten weight at dick's last year for almost 10 bucks because I needed it that day. You can definitely get better deals on the interweb

BPS has them on "sale" now for 6-8 bucks.

I got some here. I forget what I paid for shipping but I don't think it was a lot. 3-5 bucks. I don't like paying for shipping but when I compare it to gas money that makes it ok

http://www.alleystungsten.com/Insert_Free_Tungsten_Weights.html

I pay 17$ each for my 1.5 oz tungstens , but I'm comfortable knowing the braid I use isn't going to snap so losing that weight is slim to none

Are those gold plated? Thats crazy.

Posted Mon Feb 11, 2013 8:25 pm

jbigun

Neil, if you are paying $17 per weight you may want to look into tungsten pro staff opportunity.

Already emailed my resume!

Posted Mon Feb 11, 2013 8:29 pm

kizel13

Im buying a new rod next week and i want a new flipping stick and i am open to any suggestions looking for something reasonably prices im ginna cap myself at $200 but would really like to find something cheaper. I looking at the skeet reese and shimani sellius flippin stick and a st croix mojo bass hvy but any suggestions on other rods?

Check these out. iROD Genesis II Series Casting Rods - $149.99. I bought two of these last year and for the money it's a great rod with a strong warranty. I also have high end St Croix and Loomis rods and I feel these rods are money! As far as a reel I use Shimano E 7's for most apps. I do however use the 300's for Punching and Swimbaits. Good luck with your choice.

Posted Mon Feb 11, 2013 8:31 pm

$17? you sure it's not solid gold? i hope you get it b/c i could use one of your discount codes. i only use tungsten weights now.

Posted Mon Feb 11, 2013 9:29 pm

samf

$17? you sure it's not solid gold? i hope you get it b/c i could use one of your discount codes. i only use tungsten weights now.

I tried to be cheap and use steel. Didn't catch anything. The day I switched to tungsten I started catching fish. Could be coincidence but I don't think so. I think the steel smelled bad. Hadda be it

Posted Tue Feb 12, 2013 6:49 am

Tungsten is expensive. But i don't think they get snapped off easy?
I haven't done this a lot but i haven't snapped any off.
Maybe i'm looking at it wrong, lol

Posted Tue Feb 12, 2013 8:08 am

jay are you going to be adding tungsten to your products? i know the melting points insanely high but i've started to see products trickle into the custom tackle line.

Posted Tue Feb 12, 2013 8:18 am

I haven't been snapped off either Jay but it still sounds crazy. A $17 weight

Posted Tue Feb 12, 2013 8:23 am

lol, I just pay and try and forget about it asap.

Sam,
My buddy owns a lure company and has very good contacts with a tungsten supplier. The prices are insane ($16,000) just to buy a mold and the tungsten market is very hard to buy into. He says China and Japan is very very protective of their tungsten. It's a long story and i only heard a piece of it. But if he ever starts molding tungsten i'll be selling but i don't see it happening any time soon.
Maybe Brass would work. It's dense.

Posted Tue Feb 12, 2013 9:14 am

I have tungsten weights. I just paid like 5-6 bucks each. I got 1 and 1.5's

Posted Tue Feb 12, 2013 9:22 am

That's awesome!!!!!
I'll be gearing up sometime and i'll have to check that out.

Posted Tue Feb 12, 2013 9:27 am

Posted Tue Feb 12, 2013 9:33 am

jwall046

That's awesome!!!!!
I'll be gearing up sometime and i'll have to check that out.

http://www.alleystungsten.com/Insert_Free_Tungsten_Weights.html

Posted Tue Feb 12, 2013 9:47 am

back to the rods i use a 60 dollar field and stream tech spec flippin stick lol! pretty cheap compared to what you guys are using but i love it! never had any issues horsing fish outta tossed salad

Posted Tue Feb 12, 2013 11:25 pm

How are the feild and stream rods in general? I get a super discount on then since there Dicks "brand"

Posted Wed Feb 13, 2013 12:42 am

MA Fish Finder

Social Links