I will add. I punch/ flip with an older Curado dhvs. I have NEVER had a fish take drag on me

Posted Sun Feb 10, 2013 8:31 pm

stratos1966

I will add. I punch/ flip with an older Curado dhvs. I have NEVER had a fish take drag on me

Me either only once on a BpS johnny morris reel at lake winthrop 6lb 9 ozs dropped me to my knees when she pulled. Strong fish!

Posted Sun Feb 10, 2013 8:43 pm

sinista

stratos1966

Me either only once on a BpS johnny morris reel at lake winthrop 6lb 9 ozs dropped me to my knees when she pulled. Strong fish!

I bought a BPS pro qualifier for flipping just because it was on sale...Haven't used it yet but I'm a little worried the drag won't hold up and I should upgrade.

Posted Sun Feb 10, 2013 9:00 pm

I use a pro qualifier on my jig rod and throw into all kinds of trees and crap. Not the real sloppy stuff because I have a setup for that but I've had no issues with the PQ drag wise. I did have some anti reverse issues but think I've fixed them with a good cleaning

Posted Sun Feb 10, 2013 9:09 pm

The pro qualifier was one of the exceptions i was talking about when mentioning you get what u pay for. The pro qualifier is such a nice reel for a very cheap price. And Shawn esp that black friday sale we got haha

Posted Mon Feb 11, 2013 5:00 am

Don't you just love a bargain?

Posted Mon Feb 11, 2013 6:21 am

shawneramone

Don't you just love a bargain?

That i do esp getting that deal 3 days later with no lines and wait of black friday. We did luck out tho haha

Posted Mon Feb 11, 2013 8:25 am

stratos1966

Only if I could find some in Lefty Sad

Posted Mon Feb 11, 2013 9:15 am

jcotier

stratos1966

Only if I could find some in Lefty Sad

Mine is lefty!!! Wink

Posted Mon Feb 11, 2013 9:21 am

There going for about 185 plus shipping on ebay, for used ones. Yes this $50 over the original retail price.

Posted Mon Feb 11, 2013 9:29 am

jcotier

There going for about 185 plus shipping on ebay, for used ones. Yes this $50 over the original retail price.

The Curado D series retailed for $199. Post a specific WTB thread on bassboatcentral with the model you are looking for and I'm sure someone will contact you. If you are patient they pop up in the classified section there pretty often.

Posted Mon Feb 11, 2013 9:58 am

Josh you would be suprised at how exactly the same the curados are on the inside from year to year going all the way back to the original green ones. I have taken apart and super tuned 4 different models now and the "guts" of the reels are 95% identical. They just change the frame and color.

Posted Mon Feb 11, 2013 9:58 am

They change a little bit more than that Rich. Read up on some of the reviews of different generations.

http://tackletour.com/reviewshimanocurado200dhsv.html

Posted Mon Feb 11, 2013 10:09 am

When you guys are flipping around docks and lay downs do you do it weightless? How do you go about selecting a weight and fall rate, little easier when flipping slop and goal number 1 is to get it the bait through.

Posted Mon Feb 11, 2013 12:16 pm

same as any other technique man. Keep trying things until you catch em

Posted Mon Feb 11, 2013 12:18 pm

MA Fish Finder

Social Links