Im buying a new rod next week and i want a new flipping stick and i am open to any suggestions looking for something reasonably prices im ginna cap myself at $200 but would really like to find something cheaper. I looking at the skeet reese and shimani sellius flippin stick and a st croix mojo bass hvy but any suggestions on other rods?

Posted Fri Feb 08, 2013 5:59 pm

kizel13

Im buying a new rod next week and i want a new flipping stick and i am open to any suggestions looking for something reasonably prices im ginna cap myself at $200 but would really like to find something cheaper. I looking at the skeet reese and shimani sellius flippin stick and a st croix mojo bass hvy but any suggestions on other rods?

LOVE the sellus jig and worm rod, but would be concerned about such a cheap rod under huge amounts of pressure. I bought a crucial for pitching off Sam last year and absolutely love it.

Posted Fri Feb 08, 2013 6:27 pm

I have the Skeet Reese flippin and pitchin stick. It's awesome. I just got the reel to match yesterday and that feels awesome.

Posted Fri Feb 08, 2013 6:53 pm

I have an All-Star heavy flipping stick and a Castaway flipping stick. I really like the Castaway though it's fairly old (longer than 8 yrs. old). Use to do a lot of pitching & flipping up north (Nashua & Concord Rivers/Forge & Knops Pond). Not as much down here on the Cape.

Posted Fri Feb 08, 2013 6:58 pm

glad you like the rod..

wait for a sale and grab a dobyns champion flipping stick. great rod, great warranty, perfectly balanced.

Posted Fri Feb 08, 2013 6:59 pm

I use a St Croix Tournament Legend swimbait rod to flip/pitch my frog and swimbaits. Cool

Posted Fri Feb 08, 2013 7:31 pm

biggz53

kizel13

LOVE the sellus jig and worm rod, but would be concerned about such a cheap rod under huge amounts of pressure. I bought a crucial for pitching off Sam last year and absolutely love it.

I have the jig and worm rod as well and love it. I was concerned about using a cheaper rod but they do make a specific flippin rod but id rather spend more for a quality rod that will hold up.

Posted Fri Feb 08, 2013 7:40 pm

shawneramone

I have the Skeet Reese flippin and pitchin stick. It's awesome. I just got the reel to match yesterday and that feels awesome.

Yea i remember talking to you about that and i get a great deal on wright and mcgills at work you should of told me you were looking for the reel bud.

Posted Fri Feb 08, 2013 7:42 pm

powell makes some great flippin sticks and i would also recommend airrus rods

Posted Fri Feb 08, 2013 9:01 pm

kizel13

shawneramone

Yea i remember talking to you about that and i get a great deal on wright and mcgills at work you should of told me you were looking for the reel bud.

I forgot plus it was an impulse buy

Posted Fri Feb 08, 2013 9:20 pm

Hard to bet the Shimano Crucial for about $160. If you can splurge and really go over that $200 to about $230 the Shimano Cumara is a SICK rod. It's the pitching and flipping rod I use. The new ones this year are even better!!!

Posted Fri Feb 08, 2013 11:02 pm

shawneramone

kizel13

shawneramone

I forgot plus it was an impulse buy

Haha all good but we are looking to hire ppl btw haha

Posted Fri Feb 08, 2013 11:53 pm

stratos1966

Hard to bet the Shimano Crucial for about $160. If you can splurge and really go over that $200 to about $230 the Shimano Cumara is a SICK rod. It's the pitching and flipping rod I use. The new ones this year are even better!!!

Rich are they tecnique specific? And i trust your opinion you really think its worth the money? I have no prob paying a lil more my taxes should be in by this weds. Haha

Posted Fri Feb 08, 2013 11:56 pm

stratos1966

One of my off season pickup will be a new flippin stick. I want something that is a heavy with a fast taper and not bigger than 7'6". I had it down to the Crucial and the Dobyns Savvy. I think I am going go with the Crucial, I like the extra exposed blank underneath the reel.

Posted Sat Feb 09, 2013 6:50 am

savvy probably isn't as sensitive as the champion series but the champion blows the crucial out of the water. it's probably on par with the cumara. i can't speak to the cumara's balance but go to tackletour to get a real breakdown on any dobyns.

Posted Sat Feb 09, 2013 8:48 am

MA Fish Finder

Social Links