kizel13

How are the feild and stream rods in general? I get a super discount on then since there Dicks "brand"

I only own a 7' 6" flippin stick by them and for the price I love it! Its got an extra fast tip and feels very sensitive for a budget rod. The only issue I've had with it was the upper reel seat came loose so I just re epoxied it and its been great ever since, not sure if its an isolated incident but I've read great reviews and that's why I ended up buying one. I'm happy with it

Posted Wed Feb 13, 2013 12:52 am

I think there good rods I been using one for a few years now as a utility rod I just bought a shimano and field and stream combo last night for my frog rod I think there good rods for the price

Posted Wed Feb 13, 2013 5:24 am

yeah i use mine for flippin and froggin and love it! correct me if im wrong but i believe field and stream are made by shimano, obviously not to the same quality standards but a shimano product none the less. good luck trying to warranty one though cause when i had the issue with the reel seat coming undone i scoured the net for warranty info and found nothing! i was basically told that if you have a problem with the rod and need it warrantied i should have bought the dicks warranty which i did not

Posted Wed Feb 13, 2013 11:17 pm

Yeah that's what the cashier told me but the warranty was to over priced

Posted Thu Feb 14, 2013 6:47 am

The Dick's warranty is the best ever. I broke the tip off my rod (the same fliipion stick you guys are talking about) I called the warranty company. I never registered the rod. Instead of them telling me sorry it's too late (about 6 months after I bought it) they set up the registration and emailed me a shipping label. They told me to just mail a copy of the receipt and maybe the warranty I can't quite remember. If you have something oversized they don't have you mail it back. I could have put a new tip on it and kept using it but I had trouble with the piece that screwed down over the reel. It stretched or something and the reel wobbled a little. Anyway for like 8 bucks that I paid for the warranty I used that rod hard for 6 months and then got my money back. They sent a dick's card so I just went up there and loaded up on crankbaits. I've heard a similar story from another MAFF guy about a rod and one guy that called because the pin in the prop of his trolling motor broke. He thought they'd send him a new pin. Nope, they reimbursed him for the motor. I'm getting the warranty every time.

Posted Thu Feb 14, 2013 7:03 am

shawneramone

The Dick's warranty is the best ever. I broke the tip off my rod (the same fliipion stick you guys are talking about) I called the warranty company. I never registered the rod. Instead of them telling me sorry it's too late (about 6 months after I bought it) they set up the registration and emailed me a shipping label. They told me to just mail a copy of the receipt and maybe the warranty I can't quite remember. If you have something oversized they don't have you mail it back. I could have put a new tip on it and kept using it but I had trouble with the piece that screwed down over the reel. It stretched or something and the reel wobbled a little. Anyway for like 8 bucks that I paid for the warranty I used that rod hard for 6 months and then got my money back. They sent a dick's card so I just went up there and loaded up on crankbaits. I've heard a similar story from another MAFF guy about a rod and one guy that called because the pin in the prop of his trolling motor broke. He thought they'd send him a new pin. Nope, they reimbursed him for the motor. I'm getting the warranty every time.

Yup that rod was mine... 2 weeks in a st croix triumph snapped about 4 inches down. Put the warranty claim sent the receipt sent me a check for the full cost. I ended up putting a new tip on the rod and using the check to upgrade reels.

Posted Thu Feb 14, 2013 7:43 am

Ugh the warranty >_< i have those memorized forwards and backwards haha but yea there replacement plan is great and its offer an a lot of stuff that we sell.

Posted Thu Feb 14, 2013 2:25 pm

Yeah now I'm regretting the 13 bucks

Posted Thu Feb 14, 2013 3:14 pm

For the warranty

Posted Thu Feb 14, 2013 3:15 pm

Gonna have to pipe in here, I personally love the Field and Stream Tec Spec rods. Been using them for several years now in several different flavors. Versions I'm currently using:

Casting Rods:
7'6" Rig Rod (Swimbaits, A-rigs, etc.)
7'6" Telescopic Flipping Stick
7' Crankbait
6'10" Soft Swimbait

Spinning Rods:
7' Jig/Worm
6'8" Finesse

Overall I've had a pretty good run with these rods so far. Definitely worth the warranty. I managed to pick up most of these during sales for under 50.00 So with 13.00 for a warranty your still ahead of the game. During this brands "tenure" on my boat so far I've broken 2 of the 6'10" swimbait rods, and 1 of the 6'8" Finesse rods. (Love them "hollywood hooksets"!!) That being said all were replaced no questions asked under the warranty.

I will say however their actions are "close" to what they are supposed to be. Although the "Finesse" rod isn't nearly as "finesse" as I like and I find the crankbait version to be "ok" at throwing small and medium square bills and not much else, and the butt section feels to short for my tastes. But I guess for under 70.00 you can't get everything!

Posted Thu Feb 14, 2013 8:17 pm

[quote="shawneramone"] I could have put a new tip on it and kept using it but I had trouble with the piece that screwed down over the reel. It stretched or something and the reel wobbled a little. quote]

same exact thing that happened with my tech spec rod lol, the upper half of the rel seat came loose to the point where the reel wobbled but i couldnt find any kind of warranty info from field and stream at all so i just epoxied it back in place and its still holding like a dream so im happy Smile i love my cheapo tech specs and will probably be buying a couple different ones to try out in the near future

Posted Thu Feb 14, 2013 8:27 pm

MA Fish Finder

Social Links