kizel13

stratos1966

Hard to bet the Shimano Crucial for about $160. If you can splurge and really go over that $200 to about $230 the Shimano Cumara is a SICK rod. It's the pitching and flipping rod I use. The new ones this year are even better!!!

Rich are they tecnique specific? And i trust your opinion you really think its worth the money? I have no prob paying a lil more my taxes should be in by this weds. Haha

The crucial is a GREAT rod at $160. What Shimano did 2 years go was take the Cumara blanks and drop them down into the Crucial series and then this year took the Cumulus blank and dropped it down into the Cumara series. The new Cumara also has a unique alconite guide system that uses BOTH micro guides and standard size guides. The rod is amazing.

I have 2 of the old generation Cumaras that I bought before they upgraded and LOVE them. If you buy a Crucial now, you will be getting the same blank

Yes they are technique specific AND they all come with a lifetime replacement warranty

You can either visit Shimano.com or go to tackle warehouse and look them over. I have the 7'2" medium heavy extra fast. They call it the Jig rod. Their "flip rod" is 7'11" and is heavy, fast rod. I prefer the shorter 7'2 medium heavy for pitching and skipping jigs and frogs to trees , docks,and bushes.
If you are looking to accomplish 2 things with this rod and be able to pitch, flip and punch I would go with the heavy fast although it is a compromise with both techniques

Posted Sat Feb 09, 2013 9:34 am

what's their warranty? any idea how they balance out with a 7 oz. reel? i was looking at a new cumara (not for pitching and flipping).

Posted Sat Feb 09, 2013 10:29 am

samf

what's their warranty? any idea how they balance out with a 7 oz. reel? i was looking at a new cumara (not for pitching and flipping).

Sam Shimano has a 100% replacement warranty. if you buy it local the store takes it back and replaces it. If you buy it online, ship it back to where you got it and they replace it.

Posted Sat Feb 09, 2013 1:52 pm

Call me stupid but can't you flip and/or pitch with any rod?

Posted Sat Feb 09, 2013 2:37 pm

river_pirate

You're stupid

Posted Sat Feb 09, 2013 4:24 pm

There is a Cumara CUCX72MHA on Ebay right now for $207.99. Its a "rep sample" and being sold as "new other" It doesn't matter because Shimano has 100% warranty.

Posted Sat Feb 09, 2013 4:47 pm

river_pirate

maff's got some serious pro am 's up in here !right Richard?

Posted Sat Feb 09, 2013 6:04 pm

budwick

river_pirate

maff's got some serious pro am 's up in here !right Richard?

FWIW Ralph is a friend of mine and we bust balls all the time, but thanks for checking in

Posted Sat Feb 09, 2013 6:33 pm

Thanks for having me Richard! Ralph just brought up a pretty straight forward question, and I was responding. Nice to have you here !

Posted Sat Feb 09, 2013 7:24 pm

stratos1966

FWIW Ralph is a friend of mine and we bust balls all the time, but thanks for checking in

Tell the truth Rich, you pay me to allow you to claim we are friends.

Posted Sat Feb 09, 2013 10:16 pm

river_pirate

stratos1966

The check is in the mail Ralph

Posted Sun Feb 10, 2013 8:51 am

river_pirate

stratos1966

Now that you mention it Ralph I haven't seen a "friendship dues" check from Rich in sometime, his contract clearly states we had a two year agreement, so clearly he is sending the money he owes me , to you...not cool Richard!

Posted Sun Feb 10, 2013 8:56 am

samf

If I may chime in... That's my only issue with my crucial, I have one they no longer make its a 7ft 2 x heavy, I use it to pitch and punch, even with a heavier reel like a Generation 2 Revo I still needed to add a balance kit to the butt of the rod, you can find em at bass pro.

I use a balance kit on both of my flipping rods, its takes the weight off holding the tip up all day, positions the rod butt down and makes the the cantalever action much easier

Posted Sun Feb 10, 2013 9:01 am

thanks for that feedback. next time i'm down at BPS i'll check them out to get a good feel for them.

Posted Sun Feb 10, 2013 9:57 am

samf

thanks for that feedback. next time i'm down at BPS i'll check them out to get a good feel for them.

They are like 10$ and comes with 3 weight inserts

Posted Sun Feb 10, 2013 11:54 am

MA Fish Finder

Social Links