pocketfisherman

I ordered some tungsten weights for punching pads this season, both 1 and 1 1/2 oz. Just couldn't break through with the lighter stuff. Gonna go with braid (heavier for the slop), which is what I use primarily anyway.

Yeah I got some 1oz and 1.5oz a couple weeks ago but need to diversify the size weights I have.

Posted Mon Feb 11, 2013 4:45 pm

I bought a tungsten weight at dick's last year for almost 10 bucks because I needed it that day. You can definitely get better deals on the interweb

Posted Mon Feb 11, 2013 5:08 pm

shawneramone

I bought a tungsten weight at dick's last year for almost 10 bucks because I needed it that day. You can definitely get better deals on the interweb

BPS has them on "sale" now for 6-8 bucks.

Posted Mon Feb 11, 2013 5:12 pm

biggz53

shawneramone

I got some here. I forget what I paid for shipping but I don't think it was a lot. 3-5 bucks. I don't like paying for shipping but when I compare it to gas money that makes it ok

http://www.alleystungsten.com/Insert_Free_Tungsten_Weights.html

Posted Mon Feb 11, 2013 5:15 pm

shawneramone

biggz53

shawneramone

I got some here. I forget what I paid for shipping but I don't think it was a lot. 3-5 bucks. I don't like paying for shipping but when I compare it to gas money that makes it ok

I pay 17$ each for my 1.5 oz tungstens , but I'm comfortable knowing the braid I use isn't going to snap so losing that weight is slim to none

Posted Mon Feb 11, 2013 8:01 pm

sinista

shawneramone

biggz53

shawneramone

I pay 17$ each for my 1.5 oz tungstens , but I'm comfortable knowing the braid I use isn't going to snap so losing that weight is slim to none

I'd have to get another job if I were buying 17 dollar weights

Posted Mon Feb 11, 2013 8:02 pm

river_pirate

Call me stupid but can't you flip and/or pitch with any rod?

Stupid...

Posted Mon Feb 11, 2013 8:11 pm

kmsnowman

river_pirate

Call me stupid but can't you flip and/or pitch with any rod?

Stupid...

Just fell off my chair! Lmfao!

Posted Mon Feb 11, 2013 8:13 pm

sinista

ranger85

So for flipping you want a bigger drag wheight ?

Correct, to be honest I flip and punch with 65 lb braid and lock the drag on my Abu completely down. If they can still pull drag ill thumb the spool

Me too Neil hammer down!

Posted Mon Feb 11, 2013 8:15 pm

biggz53

When you guys are flipping around docks and lay downs do you do it weightless? How do you go about selecting a weight and fall rate, little easier when flipping slop and goal number 1 is to get it the bait through.

The lighter the better in my world. I like 1/4 oz if I can get away with it.

Posted Mon Feb 11, 2013 8:19 pm

shawneramone

sinista

shawneramone

biggz53

shawneramone

Better hope both the B's & C's make the playoffs!

Posted Mon Feb 11, 2013 8:19 pm

pocketfisherman

shawneramone

sinista

shawneramone

biggz53

shawneramone

Better hope both the B's & C's make the playoffs!

and still you won't see me buying 17 dollar weights

Posted Mon Feb 11, 2013 8:21 pm

kmsnowman

sinista

ranger85

So for flipping you want a bigger drag wheight ?

Correct, to be honest I flip and punch with 65 lb braid and lock the drag on my Abu completely down. If they can still pull drag ill thumb the spool

Me too Neil hammer down!

If it wasn't for backing the drag off between events and when I store my rods away I'd have my buddy throw a spot weld on it so it couldn't budge

Posted Mon Feb 11, 2013 8:22 pm

biggz53

makes sense thanks fellas. one last question regarding line. I see a lot of people going braid with a heavy fluoro leader....people seem to think the fluoro for visibility reasons, but if you have the confidence to throw a 3 foot leader in the slop why not just spool all fluoro?

Punching all braid all the time. A lot of the time it's a reaction bite no need to be invisible.

Posted Mon Feb 11, 2013 8:22 pm

Neil, if you are paying $17 per weight you may want to look into tungsten pro staff opportunity.

Posted Mon Feb 11, 2013 8:24 pm

MA Fish Finder

Social Links