ALRIGHT BOYS THE TIME HAS COME TO PICK SITES FOR NEXT YEAR!!!!!!I NEED TO KNOW WHO HAS SOME GOOD SPOTS WITH ENOUGH PARKING FOR THE BIG BOATS AND ALSO CARTOPPER TOURNEYS !!!!THESE ARE SOME SPOTS I HAVE IN MIND SO FAR!!!JUST A ROUGH THESE ARE NOT PICKED YET JUST SOME I CAN THINK OFF FOR GOOD FISHING!!PROB LOOKING TO NARROW DOWN TO 8 BIG BOATS AND 8 CARTOPPERS AND THE FINAL SO 17 TOTAL

DEFINITES ARE IN BOLD

BIG BOAT TOURNEYS!!

1. BILLINGTON SEA/PLYMOUTH 269 ACRES 15 SPACES
2. CONCORDS RIVER/BEDFORD MILES 30 SPACES
3. QUABOAG/BROOKFIELD 251 ACRES 31 SPACES
4. EAST MONPONSETT/HALIFAX 248 ACRES 15 SPACES
5. LONG POND/STURBRIDGE ACRES
6. WEQUAQUET/BARNSTABLE 654 ACRES LIMITED
7. ASHUMET POND/MASHPEE 214 ACRES 20 SPACES
8. MASHPEE/WAKEBYE-MASHPEE
9. WALLUM LAKE/DOUGLAS 322 ACRES 30 SPACES
10.WHITEHALL RES./HOPKINGTON
11.SINGLETARY POND/MILBURY
12. LAKE COCHITUITE/NATICK

CARTOPPER TOURNEYS

1. DUDLEY POND/WAYLAND
2. NORTON RES/NORTON 529 ACRES 15 SPACES
3. SANTUIT LAKE /MASHPEE 173 ACRES 6-10 SPACES
4. LASHAWAY/BROOKFIELD 239 ACRES 8-10 SPACES
5. OLDHAM POND/PEMBROKE 258 ACRES 10 SPACES
6. UPPER MYSTIC/MEDFORD 275 ACRES 15 SPACES
7. LAKE BOONE/HUDSON 350 ACRES 10 SPACES
8. FARM POND/FRAMINGHAM 149 ACRES 10 SPACES
9. MILL POND/WHAREHAM
10. A-1 STUMP POND/WESTBORO
12. HORN POND/WOBURN
13. LAKE MASPENOCK/HOPKINTON

Last edited by smokecity on Tue Nov 08, 2011 8:30 pm; edited 20 times in total

Posted Fri Nov 04, 2011 7:30 am

don't forget Boone on the cartopper list

Posted Fri Nov 04, 2011 7:41 am

What about A1. The boat ramp should be open next year, if not already.

Posted Fri Nov 04, 2011 11:05 am

I emailed the owners of White's Landing yesterday...a little proposal on you boy's behalf...hope y'all don't mind...I told Jonnybags..Damon n JayWallz of my activites yesterday...these folks revived a once left for death launch and it's PRIVATE-OPEN to the public...good/decent parking and a Cafe`(breakfast..s*** like that) and the idea is to have possibly 40 or more spaces with the state ramp(for the big boys) and thier help on the "river side"(for toopers)...(check the geography)you'll get the idea.and another appeal besides what presents itself as the obvious is they rent small craft(mainly kayaks) for those with out boats at all(of which there a many of us)
I'm waiting on a response from the fella and his wife so gimme a few days--they're very very cool people. If this works ...I'll be a genius...if not I'll jump in the "Quay"hahahaaaa food for thought

Last edited by riverrat82 on Tue Jan 03, 2012 9:24 pm; edited 1 time in total

Posted Fri Nov 04, 2011 11:25 am

Horn Pond in Woburn would be a good cartopper. FishingGreek would probably agree! Very Happy

Posted Fri Nov 04, 2011 11:42 am

pocketfisherman

Horn Pond in Woburn would be a good cartopper. FishingGreek would probably agree! Very Happy

Its got my vote!
Its 100 acres with 2 boat launches & 2 parking lots with pleanty of parking. With some nice size bass too!

Posted Fri Nov 04, 2011 2:41 pm

In fact, Team Northshore could probably host/co-host that tourney and/or the Upper Mystic Lake, if either comes to be. Just throwing that out there.

Posted Fri Nov 04, 2011 2:47 pm

I'll put my vote in for Horn pond also, not that I made many tourneys this year. Seeing I grew up in Cambridge I used to fish there quite often.That's before the crumb snatchers came along.

Posted Fri Nov 04, 2011 2:53 pm

I have e-mailed Johnny the 2 tourneys i would host. He said you guys were going to have a meeting and discuss.
But i offered to host quaboag and long pond,Sturbridge next year.
Fallen Timber and i where talking about hosting them together.
Those are my two options.
Hope i can attend more next year too!

Last edited by jwall046 on Fri Nov 04, 2011 4:55 pm; edited 1 time in total

Posted Fri Nov 04, 2011 3:59 pm

lake sebatia is not good since they opened the dam.winneconet is'nt too good either.what about attitash?wequaquet needs to be done before memorial day or after labor day.long pond harwich charges $100 for use of ramp for tourney as far as i know.great herring pond is good but limited parking,12 if you squeeze.john's pond a little big for a cartopper.wakeby-mashpee lots of parking big boat lake.

Posted Fri Nov 04, 2011 4:01 pm

knopps pond/ lost lake groton, parking sucks, but lakes like 300 acres. Dark brook res, never been there, place sounds good tho

Posted Fri Nov 04, 2011 6:51 pm

pocketfisherman

In fact, Team Northshore could probably host/co-host that tourney and/or the Upper Mystic Lake, if either comes to be. Just throwing that out there.

If the dates worked for me & I could fish either or both.
I could try & have some pizza after weigh ins?
Anybody got some beer!!

Posted Fri Nov 04, 2011 7:02 pm

I am with jwall on quabog and long pond.

What about:

Singletary
Whitehall - hopkinton

Posted Fri Nov 04, 2011 7:45 pm

nippenicket - bridgewater.

BTW: Can a cartopper have a small gas engine or is it batery power only? (Im def. putting one together for next season)

Posted Sun Nov 06, 2011 5:14 pm

Lake Maspenock in Hopkinton

A1 Westboro

Posted Sun Nov 06, 2011 5:39 pm

MA Fish Finder

Social Links