If you need anymore cartopper locatons you could try lake Rohunta in New Salem/Orange ma. This is a 365 acre lake with a motor restriction. Parking is limited to probably 10-12 vehicles.

Posted Sat Nov 26, 2011 1:05 pm

unless you live that way orange ma.is a hike.i'm probably 2 plus hours from there.i love the area but i would have to camp somewhere to do it.

Posted Mon Nov 28, 2011 3:25 pm

khaskins

unless you live that way orange ma.is a hike.i'm probably 2 plus hours from there.i love the area but i would have to camp somewhere to do it.

It's an hour from my house too. But i do travel 1-2 hrs to fish all these maff tourneys anyways. Kinda the only way i can fish all the waters i wouldn't just go to on my own. Just throwing it out there. I have never fished it due to the motor restriction size but it looks interesting for a car topper (ex. frogging/flipping Smile )

Posted Mon Nov 28, 2011 4:03 pm

Traveling is part of the game in tournament fishing right?

Posted Mon Nov 28, 2011 5:38 pm

I used to fish Rohunta a few times a year. Tons of coontail and pads. The south side of Rt 2 gets choked up pretty good with only a small channel of open water. The north side is much better with the deepest part by the dam probably 15 ft. Nice clean weeds here. Great spot if you like fishing pads and thick coontail. Another spot I like is Long Pond in Rutland. If I had to chose between the two for a tourney I think Long Pond would be a better choice.

Posted Mon Nov 28, 2011 6:29 pm

I heard Rohunta gets weedy. Probably better earlier in year. I'm not far away from Long pond. Couldn't hold a tourney there i don't believe. It's supposed to be fished by permit only and there is a motor restriction there too.

Posted Mon Nov 28, 2011 7:23 pm

Jay Smoke and Johnny pull permits for the tourney so that wouldn't be a problem. Long Pond also gets stocked with trout so spring is no good because of all the boat traffic. This is the only place I've been to that had a DWLF person going over the Zebra mussel info and handing out forms to put on your dash so they wont bother you again.

Posted Mon Nov 28, 2011 7:55 pm

rokibass

Jay Smoke and Johnny pull permits for the tourney so that wouldn't be a problem. Long Pond also gets stocked with trout so spring is no good because of all the boat traffic. This is the only place I've been to that had a DWLF person going over the Zebra mussel info and handing out forms to put on your dash so they wont bother you again.

Gotch ya. I never see much action there besides a big ice derby for camp Joscelin. But I'm not sure if i said it correctly. What i mean is they hand out a certain number of permits a year for permission to fish there. if you don't buy a permit your not allowed there at all. That's probably why i never see alot of traffic there along with the motor restriction. But i must say i have fished there without a permit and never been questioned. My wife's family boated there for years and bought the permit every year. I have heard about this permit and read it on sign at the ramp before. But besides my wife and maybe in conversation i have not seen any permits in person. They might let an organization (maff) fish there? Not a place i'd want to attend but if people are looking for more car-toppers this could be a future spot as well as Rohunta.
Just throwing some ideas out there guys. I probably wouldn't attend a car-topper yet but i figure why not mention it in case it strikes some interest. NO WORRIES EITHER WAY

Posted Mon Nov 28, 2011 9:18 pm

For what it is worth, traveling is part of it,that being said the north shore guys have to travel so south shore can travel as well.sheep lovers made a valid point, it isn't home court just limited water, why isn't Nashua river on list,and I suck at river fishing, also why isn't Charles river on list,huge fish there and seems like that is half way for most,win win. Still want a 2 day! If we as a group are looking to help each other out than it only makes since that you have a few tourneys on the list up north just so we can run a few of them. Just my 2 cents.

Posted Wed Nov 30, 2011 8:14 pm

Oh by the way keep the change from my 2 cents!

Posted Wed Nov 30, 2011 8:17 pm

meatballs

Oh by the way keep the change from my 2 cents!

Can you donate any more? I need to replace all my lead tackle! Laughing

Posted Thu Dec 01, 2011 11:36 am

From my understanding your jigs should be all set, it is the split shots you need to know replace, that bird isn't going to eat a half once jig......lol

Posted Thu Dec 01, 2011 8:02 pm

From my understanding your jigs should be all set, it is the split shots you need to know replace, that bird isn't going to eat a half once jig......lol

Posted Thu Dec 01, 2011 8:43 pm

we can always post some of these other ponds and lakes on the off weeks.we had some pretty good turn outs with the fall tourneys.some better than others.after the schedule comes out we can work around that.we just have check the mass website to make sure there are no permits pulled for that day on that lake or pond,or that a permit is required.

Posted Fri Dec 02, 2011 5:21 pm

Great call ken; just because a lake is not on the schedule does not mean we cant fish it. The only problem is not having a permit which I suppose is mandatory for a state ramp. There are enough off weeks to support but w/o the permit, that may mean only cartopper locations, yes/no? And we definitely must make sure Nashua is an add on Smile at least Team Boom thinks so.

Posted Fri Dec 02, 2011 10:56 pm

MA Fish Finder

Social Links