OK GUYS THIS WHAT IM THINKING AS YOU ALL KNOW THIS WILL BE THE FINAL TIME WE MEET.THE TOURNEY WILL BE THE TOP 15 TEAMS THAT QUALIFY WITH AT LEAST 6 ENTRIES.AS WE KNOW THE LANDLORDS AND ANGRY MEAT GET ENTERED AUTOMATIC FOR HAVING THE HEAVIEST BAG OF THE YEAR AND LUNKER OF THE YEAR SOOOO FARRR!!!THESE PRIZES CAN BE WON ON THE FINAL DAY BUT YOU MUST BEAT 23.1LBS FOR HEAVIEST BAG AND 6.6LBS FOR LUNKER !!!!!!!!!!NO PROBLEM RIGHT HA HA!!!!

I WILL POST THE TOP 15 TEAMS AFTER SUNDAYS FINAL CARTOPPER!!!

ALSO I WAS THINKING WE DO AN ADDITIONAL $5 LUNKER POOL FOR A NICE PAYOUT SO ENTRY FEE FOR FINAL WOULD BE $30 EACH!!

THAT WOULD MAKE THE PAYOUT GO LIKE THIS!!!

1ST $600 M.A.F.F CHAMPION 2011

2ND $100 FOR RUNNER UP!!!

NO 3RD

LUNKER $200

ALSO PAYOUTS FOR PRIZES

SOUND GOOD TO EVERYONE????

Posted Thu Oct 06, 2011 9:15 pm

sounds good to me. can you let us know what launch we're going with for sure?

Posted Fri Oct 07, 2011 6:45 am

Good luck to all that made the cut! I wish i did!!!!!
Can't wait to see the results.

Posted Fri Oct 07, 2011 7:27 am

I am going to pre-fish this place again since we had a hard time finding them last weekend. I beileve I am going Monday, if anyone wants to go let me know. Weather changes are not helping. Smoke sounds go to me!

Posted Fri Oct 07, 2011 7:44 am

jwall046

Good luck to all that made the cut! I wish i did!!!!!
Can't wait to see the results.

Same here! Good luck guys! Wink

Posted Fri Oct 07, 2011 7:51 am

It would suck to be 3rd. I'm bummed I can't make this weekend. We are currently in 15th and want to fish Webster badly. Good luck to everyone at the cartopper this weekend. I will be busting my ass in a 13 mile 1/2 marathon "the race against cancer"

Posted Fri Oct 07, 2011 8:22 am

There's only one place you early birds should be looking to eat when you go out to Webster Lake for the MAFF Finals !You Diner Connoisseurs will TRULY have an experience @ Carl's Oxford Diner !‎ROUTE12 GUYS ---291 Main Street Oxford, MA 01540-2360(508) 987-8770 roughly 4.6 miles from the launch at memorial beach dr.
Carl has appeared on The Phantom Gourmet and is WELL KNOWN from all around for 'BARBING" anyone who can't MAN UP to his whole plate--I managed a gas station on "12" back in the 90's(holy s*** I'm old)hahahaha and my brother and I went in there every Sunday for about 2 years...GREAT FOOD PERIOD!If for some reason he's "out the door" there's plenty for every "fix" coffee...fuel ect...all up an down the "12' stretch from oxford-webster--and for the dude's in the know and the adventurous ...12'll take ya right into Thompson Ct..within 5-6 minutes ...
<----------Loadin my camera ---buyin' a new new notebook(for autographs) and hopin to meet a few of the good 'ol boys ...see ya then ---
"My2cents"--more like 20bucks now no?

Posted Fri Oct 07, 2011 8:54 am

It seems a little goofy that lunker is worth double of second place, when it's been worth around a quarter of second place all year. I'd say either stay similar to our pay structure all year (pay top 3 with 15 I think?) or do away with second place altogether if you're going to do a double lunker pool.

What I'd really like to see, since it's Webster and there are good fish of both species, would be two lunker pools instead. One for largemouth, one for smallmouth. $5 from each person into each pool, and a $100 payout for each lunker.

Posted Fri Oct 07, 2011 9:06 am

That's a cool concept double lunkah[/quote]

Posted Fri Oct 07, 2011 10:06 am

how about 1st, 2nd, and split lunker?

Posted Fri Oct 07, 2011 1:58 pm

Hmmm, $500 between 1st and 2nd place? I personally (and this is just my 2 cents) think there should be a smaller gap between the two. Say $400 for 1st and $200 for 2nd, keeping the lunker at $200. Largemouth or smallie shouldn't really matter (although I'm not against it, just saying). Biggest bass is biggest bass.

Posted Fri Oct 07, 2011 2:01 pm

should've told my club that! i caught overall lunker but it was a smallie and split lunker haha

Posted Fri Oct 07, 2011 2:04 pm

i would think that it's far from the president set from previous tourney's.i would suggest 200 for 2nd,100 for third,500 for first,that would leave 100 for lunker.15 boats times 60 is 900.it's hard to cut out third place considering the travel time and fuel costs.where are we launching from state or town?we fished it last sunday,best five weighed 12.4oz.big fish was 3.5.two other tourneys on lake at that time.

Posted Fri Oct 07, 2011 3:26 pm

ken's idea sounds good too. i would have to vote for that for sure. and i also would like to know the launch. good job on the bag. that seems to be pretty solid for webster. good sized average fish in there.

Posted Fri Oct 07, 2011 3:29 pm

khaskins

i would think that it's far from the president set from previous tourney's.i would suggest 200 for 2nd,100 for third,500 for first,that would leave 100 for lunker.15 boats times 60 is 900.it's hard to cut out third place considering the travel time and fuel costs.where are we launching from state or town?we fished it last sunday,best five weighed 12.4oz.big fish was 3.5.two other tourneys on lake at that time.

I didn't qualify by i agree. Having a payout for lunker is a good idea. It always leaves someone with hope they might at least win that prize!

Posted Fri Oct 07, 2011 3:30 pm

MA Fish Finder

Social Links