chevin37

I think we should do long pond, after everything Neil has done to make it work it would be a slap in the face to go somewhere else now. Just sayin

I agree

Posted Fri Apr 06, 2012 10:28 pm

I can't believe I even have to reply to the last comment made, OF COURSE WE SHOULD FISH LONG POND! Even if it is 80 miles from me, Neil nice job, THANK YOU FOR ALL YOUR WORK, why would we change with only 15 days left before opening day? And after all the work a few guys have put into this, in awe

Posted Sat Apr 07, 2012 3:40 pm

long pond it is!!!! if we have paperwork for it then thats what we will do

Posted Sat Apr 07, 2012 5:34 pm

So is it long pond in freetown oir Plymouth? Where is the ramp?

Posted Sun Apr 08, 2012 11:30 am

tholdah

It's Long pond in Freetown Ma all 1,800 acres of it

Heres a Google map link to the ramp

209-213 Middleboro Rd, East Freetown, MA 02717
http://m.google.com/u/m/zH59bu

Posted Sun Apr 08, 2012 12:30 pm

tholdah

It's Long pond in Freetown Ma all 1,800 acres of it

Heres a Google map link to the ramp

209-213 Middleboro Rd, East Freetown, MA 02717
http://m.google.com/u/m/zH59bu

Posted Sun Apr 08, 2012 12:33 pm

2 weeks!

Posted Sun Apr 08, 2012 2:16 pm

Follow rt.18 from middleboro rotary south.Go past Assowompsett lake and stay on 18.You will turn right a little further down.Stay on that and it will bring you to the boat ramp.Watch for water on your right and then watch for the towers ahead of you or you will miss it.

Posted Sun Apr 08, 2012 3:16 pm

Thanks for saving the 1st tourney!!!!

Can't wait to see everyone after this long winter!

Posted Mon Apr 09, 2012 8:59 am

Just spoke with Dave Diotalevi at Boating and Access he said we are all set as soon as he recieves the paperwork from Freetown that Paul Bourgious signed off on he will email me the permit, the paperwork was mailed on Friday or Sat from Freetwon Town Hall we should be all set in the next day or so. Whew I got a bunch of conflicting info from a bunch of different agencys finally dave just set my mind at ease telling me we would be all set for sure!!!

Posted Mon Apr 09, 2012 3:30 pm

fun huh

Posted Mon Apr 09, 2012 3:52 pm

I think we should make the rivers off limits.Restricted access for big boats,but not for a small cartopper.Thes have been made off limits in other tournament held there.One of them leads into assowompsett and that is restricted.

Posted Mon Apr 09, 2012 4:07 pm

The Horseshoe is plenty deep enough for an oil tanker to get through thats not off limits, there are enough rivers in there that people can get into, i say if you can fish em you fish em if you cant you cant

Posted Mon Apr 09, 2012 5:00 pm

the horseshoe and most of the rivers are a hike from the ramp too, if the cartoppers take the gamble to go that far let them fish it.

Posted Mon Apr 09, 2012 5:34 pm

Not fishing so I don't have a horse in the race but I always hated when organizations put places "off limits"I always say.... if you can get there , you can fish there. That means 50 miles away from a ramp on places like Champlain and the Hudson that a 20' boat with 50 gallons of gas can get to or that little river cove that only a 12' boat can get into.

Posted Mon Apr 09, 2012 6:26 pm

MA Fish Finder

Social Links