stratos1966

Not fishing so I don't have a horse in the race but I always hated when organizations put places "off limits"I always say.... if you can get there , you can fish there. That means 50 miles away from a ramp on places like Champlain and the Hudson that a 20' boat with 50 gallons of gas can get to or that little river cove that only a 12' boat can get into.

I agree. If it's part of the lakes's system and someone is willing to travel that far it should be ok. Like Kevin says if someones gonna try to travel a long distance in the cartopper...good luck too em

Posted Mon Apr 09, 2012 6:28 pm

We only have two batteries, so count us out of going up that far, if we even end up getting in the tourney period!

Posted Mon Apr 09, 2012 7:39 pm

shawneramone

stratos1966

Not fishing so I don't have a horse in the race but I always hated when organizations put places "off limits"I always say.... if you can get there , you can fish there. That means 50 miles away from a ramp on places like Champlain and the Hudson that a 20' boat with 50 gallons of gas can get to or that little river cove that only a 12' boat can get into.

I agree. If it's part of the lakes's system and someone is willing to travel that far it should be ok. Like Kevin says if someones gonna try to travel a long distance in the cartopper...good luck too em

Quick story about this. When I joined my 1st club , everyone were beginners. No one had full sized bass boats. The biggest boat we had was a 16' with a 40hp. No place was off limits. If you could get to it , you could fish it. Guys would squeeze into some small places to catch fish. lakeville was always one of those places.
Fast forward a few years and 1/2 the club had graduated to full sized bass boats with 150hp motors. All of a sudden those guys wanted the rivers and small pockets on places like Lakeville off limits, even a guy who had won a touney the year before on a lake with a cove only small boats could get into. So us small boat guys banded together and said fine. If we are going to restrict access then we are going to restrict speed. If every boat cant get in an area, then it's off limits and the bigger boats can only go as fast as the slowest boat in the club.......
All of a sudden nothing was off limits anymore Laughing

Posted Mon Apr 09, 2012 8:46 pm

Everyone always comments on the advantages of the big boats with thier speed, line of sight etc, but there are obviously some advantages held by the toppers as well...

Posted Tue Apr 10, 2012 6:59 am

it still always comes down to catching fish.....its not like we have the classic on the line anyway

Posted Tue Apr 10, 2012 7:21 am

I role play , every cast is the last cast of the classic and I need one more keeper to win it, remember growing up playing ball....3,2,1 he shoots...its good! The crowd goes wild!
Regardless of what happens here we always have a good time, hopefully ill have the permit today

Posted Tue Apr 10, 2012 7:31 am

I GOT THE PERMIT FOR LONG POND WE ARE A GO! WILL POST SIGN UP ON THE 15 TH!

Posted Tue Apr 10, 2012 3:33 pm

s***. Ill be at drill all day on the 15th. Im sure this one will fill up quick seeing it is the first of the season.

Posted Tue Apr 10, 2012 7:37 pm

s***. Ill be at drill all day on the 15th. Im sure this one will fill up quick seeing it is the first of the season.

Posted Tue Apr 10, 2012 7:40 pm

MA Fish Finder

Social Links