x+x=pie

Posted Thu Jan 12, 2012 2:55 pm

Gonna have to be careful, we get any more X's and its gonna be a bit ...well not work appropriate

Posted Thu Jan 12, 2012 3:01 pm

used fishing line. i know bass pro has a recycle bin for mono filiment. not shure why they dont take braid as well. and i never rember to bring it with me. so I put a few 100 yrds. of line into a tin can and lit it with a small tourch it burned for a good 30 min without blowing out. it didnt burn black as you would think just keept burning. i think that is a great way to make a outdoor candle and make shure your line dosnt get tangled up in any of our wildlife.

Posted Thu Jan 12, 2012 4:51 pm

basshunter62

used fishing line. i know bass pro has a recycle bin for mono filiment. not shure why they dont take braid as well. and i never rember to bring it with me. so I put a few 100 yrds. of line into a tin can and lit it with a small tourch it burned for a good 30 min without blowing out. it didnt burn black as you would think just keept burning. i think that is a great way to make a outdoor candle and make shure your line dosnt get tangled up in any of our wildlife.

Jeeez is that a violation of the open burning law and the aluminum recycling bill? kidding just kidding

Posted Thu Jan 12, 2012 5:04 pm

I give up. you couldent please everybody on this site if you rescued a group of orphans from a burning building on xmass eve. lol

Posted Thu Jan 12, 2012 5:16 pm

basshunter62

I give up. you couldent please everybody on this site if you rescued a group of orphans from a burning building on xmass eve. lol

Quitter!

Ok yeah..now the thread is just going down the road of silly... Cool

Posted Thu Jan 12, 2012 6:02 pm

shawneramone

x+x=pie

I got some Pepperoni Pies!

Posted Thu Jan 12, 2012 6:19 pm

Wow, does anybody want to open up the cartopper debate again? Very Happy

Posted Fri Jan 13, 2012 2:09 am

Noooooooooo hahahahahahahahahaa <----thats the sound of Dave losing his mind FOR GOOD hahahaha
pocketfisherman

Wow, does anybody want to open up the cartopper debate again? Very Happy

Posted Fri Jan 13, 2012 5:42 am

WOW YOU GUYS BEEN DRINKING ALOT HUH HA HA!!!!!SOUNDS LIKE SOME BARROOM BRAWL TYPE OF s*** NOW YOU KNOW WHY I HANG WITH BOB MARLEY KIDDDDD HA HA

JUST TO ADD MY OWN TO THIS I AM SWITCHING OFF THE LEAD BECAUSE I DONT WANT ANY PROBLEMS SEEMS LIKE THE EPS ALWAYS LOOKING FOR ME BY NAME LOL ASK SINISTA HA HA REMEMBER WINTHROP BUT ALSO IF ITS ONE STEP TO SAVING ANIMALS IM GONNA DO MY PART .IF YOU ONLY KNEW HOW MANY HOOKS I CUT OUTA FISH THAT PEOPLE LEAVE IN THEM YOU WOULD BE SICK I'M LIKE THE FISH DOCTOR ON THE WATER I TRY TO SAVE THEM ANY INJURY IF I CAN.

LAST I CAN'T STAND WHEN ILLEGALS OR ANYONE FOR THAT MATTER EATS THE FISH IT PISSES ME OFF TROUT IS ONE THING ALTHOUGH I DO LIKE CATCHING THEM TOO BUT THEY GET STOCKED EVERYYEAR FOR THAT REASON!!!!!

TAKE A DEEP BREATH AND SING WITH ME NOW BUFFALO SOLDIER DREAKLOCK RASTA HA HA

Posted Mon Jan 16, 2012 11:40 am

Until they stop Walmart BPS Dicks and on and on from selling them then to me this is all hogwash. Not to mention prevent Strike King Booyah Lunker Lure yada yada from making it again I say hogwash.

Split shots and worm weights may have some legs in this debate but jigs both skirted and meant for tubes, spinnebaits ,buzbaits and the like seems to be way off base. A weight eaten as a rock I can see the others, not so much.

It is not all that often I have line break these days any way. I would say the thing I break off the most are jigs. No problem swapping out spit shots and I already used the tungsten worm weights. But to swap out all my spinnerbaits and buzzbaits just is not happening. As far jigs go if the brands I like make an alternative or I can find a source for replacement of broken/lost ones I will be glad to try them and if I like them I will begin the change over process.

That is my take on this stupid law. I can honestly say I have never even seen a loon while fishing.

I have seen more dead or hurt or stuck animals effected by old dis-guarded line then anything.

Posted Mon Jan 16, 2012 1:20 pm

Well said! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted Mon Jan 16, 2012 1:31 pm

Whether or not anyone agrees with a law, I think we all as responsible fishermen should always try to do what is best for the environment regardless. We practice catch and release, are careful when removing our own, as well as hooks from a previously caught fish, etc because we simply care. Debating on the scientific/biological side of the argument is kind of a mute point.

Last edited by pocketfisherman on Tue Jan 17, 2012 9:31 pm; edited 1 time in total

Posted Mon Jan 16, 2012 2:37 pm

I stoped at dicks and they said they are in the prosses of sending all there led to stores in different states so they should be ready for spring I dont usuley shop there but if they got the stuff and bp is not making any efforts to comply. looks like its dicks.

Posted Tue Jan 17, 2012 7:03 am

BPS has steel, brass, tin, bisthmus and tungsten, have been carrying it for years. The only difference now is that lead is illegal and guys will have to actually switch if they choose to be in complinace with the law. So what if stores still carry lead. Some of the stores I go in sell bras, doesnt mean I am going to buy one.
If stores ( tackle, sports, outdoors) do not currently carry lead alternatives, they will come spring if their buisness is run right. It's a piece of the market that every tackle retailer will want a piece of.
Back about 10 years ago when NH outlawed lead, all the stores up there stopped selling lead when it was obvious the law was not going away and not a lot of people were buying lead components. Northern Bass Supply in Brentwood NH. does not sell any lead under an oz. You should be able to satisfy your non lead needs with them. They are a locally owned and run oufit as well.

Posted Wed Jan 18, 2012 9:48 am

MA Fish Finder

Social Links