Love me some bitsy bugs, lol a little salt an pepper forget it.

Hey guys keep up all the great chatter, this is why this site rules and you guys are sharing some great knowledge with everyone.

Posted Tue Aug 17, 2010 8:03 pm

i use 1/16 bitsy, if u look at the head it is designed to cut threw cover. guys listen i have used them all ,this jig is the meow. went out sun my buddy and i 20 fish 3 over 5lbs too many 4lbers to count

Posted Tue Aug 17, 2010 9:22 pm

thanks for the input fellas

Posted Wed Aug 18, 2010 8:42 am

nofx99

i use 1/16 bitsy, if u look at the head it is designed to cut threw cover. guys listen i have used them all ,this jig is the meow. went out sun my buddy and i 20 fish 3 over 5lbs too many 4lbers to count

Sounds like quite a day...you gotta have some pics from that one!?

Posted Wed Aug 18, 2010 8:46 am

hey guys, thanks for all the input. went out yesterday just to practice flipping and pulled in my first fish on a jig. now i just need to get the right equipment and I'll be good to go.

Posted Wed Aug 18, 2010 10:04 am

nice job that's good stuff. i like the bitsy bug as well. you can get them pretty cheap with free shipping at gander mt. shipping is a lot faster than you'd think. basically place the order on a mon. and it will get there thurs.

Posted Wed Aug 18, 2010 10:40 am

good looking out on the whole Gander mountain.com thing
never heard of it, thanks bro!

Posted Wed Aug 18, 2010 11:49 am

you got it. i randomly found it this year and it's really good for getting a few things since shipping is always free.

warning: selection isn't the greatest and make sure you know exactly what you're choosing in terms of lure size, color, depth for cranks etc. their descriptions aren't the best and i always look up on other sites first and make sure their product matches. their 5/8 oz. bitsy bug is really 3/8 oz. too. i got it thinking 5/8 was actually made but it was really 3/8 oz. not that i couldn't use that but still...

Posted Wed Aug 18, 2010 1:29 pm

volume, i have too many pics of huge fish, i just don't post em .some pics give my spots away. plus i don't like to brag

Posted Wed Aug 18, 2010 2:58 pm

nofx99

volume, i have too many pics of huge fish, i just don't post em .some pics give my spots away. plus i don't like to brag

gotcha. so by saying you caught 20 bass, including 3 5pounders and numerous 4 pounders in the same night, isn't bragging?

Not to be the doubter, but that sounds better than most people's season, mine included, and you did it all in one night.

Posted Wed Aug 18, 2010 3:35 pm

haha i was thinkin the same thing. and how does a picture of a bass give away your spot? unless the fish has a tattoo of the pond he lives in.

Posted Wed Aug 18, 2010 3:37 pm

we seem to be getting off topic tho. one more question about using a jig. When I fish, I'm almost always fishing some weeds, mostly lillpads and I'm trying to figure out what test I should get. Is there a disadvantage to having line that's stronger than I actually need? I'm headed to bass pro in an hour so make it snappy!

Posted Wed Aug 18, 2010 3:50 pm

If you're using braid, you can get away with thinner line that is stronger. Some people don't like thick line because they say its more visible. I use 20# braid on almost all my rods and always fish weeds. I don't get too many break offs with it. Some people use 50-60#, but I think that might be a little overkill. I've gotten a lure stuck in a tree on 20# test and got it out by pulling hard enough to straighten the hook out, so its pretty strong stuff.

Posted Wed Aug 18, 2010 4:10 pm

personal preference but i'd go heavier the thicker you fish. i use 40-50 and it works well. one thing to be mindful of is how much line the reel holds. so if it's rated at like 110 yards/10 lb test, you're not going to fit much 40 lb. braid on it. i posted this before when i googled it and it's a good guide

http://www.stripers247.com/phpBB2/showthread.php?t=8455

Posted Wed Aug 18, 2010 5:08 pm

hey volume ur kind of a tird, that fish ur holding looks real small. i know where u caught that fish, so if thats all you have too show at that pond u don't know how too fish, really volume ur gonna call me out ,should i have my friend call u because ur the judge. your such a tird. u want pics, ur gonna get em,and look so f#$*EN stupid

Posted Wed Aug 18, 2010 8:56 pm

MA Fish Finder

Social Links