blackgts2002

The Ci4 is great. I love it.

Ditto!!!

Posted Wed Feb 06, 2013 8:13 pm

There were no show girls

Posted Wed Feb 06, 2013 8:27 pm

i was lookin at the new revo sx spinning really like it but i defiantly like the stratic Ci4 a little more

Posted Wed Feb 06, 2013 8:30 pm

Shimano Ci4 2500 + Nrx 822 (blue) = awesome combo for dropshot.

Posted Thu Feb 07, 2013 12:26 pm

I don't need to chime in as you have many good answers.
But i was drop shotting in 40' water this fall/winter and i can tell you i personally want the most sensitive pole i can get.
I'm getting a st croix legend. Expensive, But great sensitivity!
just the rod without discount is 250.00 though.
So buy the best you can afford along with the guidelines everybody gives ya.
Good luck

Posted Thu Feb 07, 2013 1:28 pm

chbass

Shimano Ci4 2500 + Nrx 822 (blue) = awesome combo for dropshot.

There is no difference between the blue and green models...

Posted Thu Feb 07, 2013 2:21 pm

just the ugly green color! i really don't like it for some reason. the blue is pretty sharp looking.

Posted Thu Feb 07, 2013 4:29 pm

Blue is pretty

Posted Thu Feb 07, 2013 4:31 pm

samf

just the ugly green color! i really don't like it for some reason. the blue is pretty sharp looking.

I'm with Sam on this one. I prefer the blue over the green due to color and the matte finish of the blue blank over the glossy finish of the green blank. But, the green blank does look nice when paired up with a Curado E.

Posted Thu Feb 07, 2013 7:20 pm

I have been drop shotting since it's inception and had great success with it including some pretty big tourney wins my favorite set up is a 6'6" St Croix med action Avid rod paired with a Shimano Stradic 2500 topped off with 6lb Seaguar Flurocarbon. Wieght size is preference but I almost always use a 3/8 tungsten weight if I am fishing deeper than 25ft or its windy I switch over to 1/2 remember the weight isn't the finesse part of the equation. My hook choice is the Gami size 1 drop shot hook all other hooks are in-effective and gay.

Posted Wed Feb 13, 2013 1:14 pm

Anyone have any experience with Ardent? I was watching extreme angler this morning (cause winter sucks) and they were drop shotting with the ardent 2500 (covered in fishoflouge per everything on their sponsored show). So I went over to their site and its currently on sale; I assume the "walleye" in the title is referring to the fishoflouge pattern but the price seems right. I already ordered a Denali Rosewood DS rod, now just trying to find the reel.

Here's the link with specs:
http://www.ardentreels.com/products/viewProduct2.asp?prodId=82

Posted Thu Feb 14, 2013 9:46 am

Dropshotting a great technique to have in the arsenal. I always have 1 if not 2 tied on.

dobyns extreme 743 M with a 2500 shimano Ci4
Kistler helium MH with the same reel

Posted Thu Feb 14, 2013 1:36 pm

zack137z

Anyone have any experience with Ardent? I was watching extreme angler this morning (cause winter sucks) and they were drop shotting with the ardent 2500 (covered in fishoflouge per everything on their sponsored show). So I went over to their site and its currently on sale; I assume the "walleye" in the title is referring to the fishoflouge pattern but the price seems right. I already ordered a Denali Rosewood DS rod, now just trying to find the reel.

Here's the link with specs:
http://www.ardentreels.com/products/viewProduct2.asp?prodId=82

Looks like a winner Ardent makes a pretty nice reel. The most important part of the formula is the rod anyway often the bite can be really light (especially if your fishing a pressured lake) so the more sensitive the better. Spool that baby with some 6 lb fluro and you will knock the socks off them.

Posted Fri Feb 15, 2013 4:33 pm

bangbang

Dropshotting a great technique to have in the arsenal. I always have 1 if not 2 tied on.

so you ended up getting a dobyns or did you have it? how do you like it so far and hows the balance with that reel? i was on the fence and went to the darkside with loomis.

Posted Fri Feb 15, 2013 4:59 pm

samf

bangbang

so you ended up getting a dobyns or did you have it? how do you like it so far and hows the balance with that reel? i was on the fence and went to the darkside with loomis.

If Loomis is the dark side Sam, do yourself a favor now and never put your hands on a Nrx 893 Jwr. It's the absolute worse rod ever made for 1/8 to 3/8 oz jigs. Hahahahahahahaha

Posted Fri Feb 15, 2013 5:08 pm

MA Fish Finder

Social Links