jjbagoose

samf

kamilfishes could hook you up with a powell. i used to use a Max 702-MLEF. 7' Med Lt Xfast 702MLEF

Thanks Sam. I've seen those posts, wasn't sure if the offer was open to anyone. I'll have to PM him because that would be awesome.

One question about the Max you used. I notice a lot of people opting for a M or even MH for drop shotting. Did you feel the ML had a strong enough backbone for you? This technique is totally knew to me so I'm leaning on the experience of all the MAFF'ers to pick a rod to start.

I'd also like to use the rod for trying out some other light gear techniques like a Shakey head. Seems like the ML would be good for that.

If you are going to buy a drop shot rod use it just to drop shot , and a medium lite isn't too lite, you want a rod with a really good bend you don't want to take the bait from the fish and a rod with more backbone and no flex in the tip will do that, its a reel and lift hookset and a rod with a good bend will do the work for you..mine is a medium shimano crucial although I did switch to denali this year because of my sponsorship with them, 20% off any denali rod for anyone interested.

Posted Mon Feb 18, 2013 10:37 pm

Great info, thanks!

Posted Mon Feb 18, 2013 11:11 pm

jbigun

chbass

Shimano Ci4 2500 + Nrx 822 (blue) = awesome combo for dropshot.

There is no difference between the blue and green models...

Are you absolutely positive? Laughing

Posted Sun Feb 24, 2013 2:27 pm

MA Fish Finder

Social Links