EVAN I TRIED TO DONATE IT TO BASS PRO SHOPS AND IN EXCHANGE ANY FISH OVER 8LBS THEY WILL GIVE YOU A FREE MOUNT.BUUUUUUTTTTTTTT BASS PRO DENIED THE FISH BECAUSE IN MASS,CALI,ARIZONA THEY DONT ALLOW YOU TO TRAVEL WITH LIVE FISH SO THEY TOLD ME SORRY EVEN THO WE THANK YOU FOR THINKING OF US WE CAN'T TAKE THE FISH.

WHAT TYPE OF s*** IS THAT!!!!!!!!

SO EVEN BETTER THE FISH GOES HOME WHERE IT BELONGS JUST LIKE ANY OTHER ANGLER SHOULD DO PUT THEM BACK WHERE THEY CAME FROM!!!

Posted Thu Dec 29, 2011 3:53 pm

Was a no brainer to let her go once I found out they can make a replica of it, sad tho bass pro wouldn't take it,only hope next guy does they same, NEVER thought I'd let the state record fish for the year go,until it happened to me, what would you of done?

Posted Thu Dec 29, 2011 5:41 pm

After re-reading my post & your replies. Hope I didn't come across the wrong way. Not questing why you let fish go, just thought it would be "option B" of what to do with the fish? "Option A" is ALWAYS put it back!!

Didn't know about not being able to travel with live fish in MASS! BULL s***!

Got your pic posted in my pizza shop for everyone to see, customers don't believe it came from a pond in MASS! ha ha!

Post some pics of mount when you get it!

Oh, did you name it? When you catch a fish like that you gotta name!

Last edited by fishingreek on Thu Dec 29, 2011 7:04 pm; edited 1 time in total

Posted Thu Dec 29, 2011 5:58 pm

that fish is where it belongs, home. Some may disagree with me but that fish at 22" is probably a high 6 or 7 pounder in mid summer. That belly is huge and gorged for the winter. To me it makes it more amazing, that fish was caught at the right time.

Posted Thu Dec 29, 2011 6:25 pm

thats awsome. the fish is back were it belongs. I dont understand ?? you cant travel with a live fish?? how would you get it weighed ?? how did bass pro get all the fish in thier tank. IM heading down the cape tomrrow and if i get a 1in a zillion chance and get her. id take a few pics and let her go no sh!%. just right back in the water. just wouldent feel right. i,d prob. get lost on my way.to hav it weighed or pulled over and hav the fish confiscated for driving around with a fish and fined $5000. & the truck trailor and boat taken away. CONGRATS GUYS KARMA GOES A LONG WAY................

Posted Thu Dec 29, 2011 6:57 pm

[b]Mike...Look what you've done here !

Last edited by riverrat82 on Fri Jan 20, 2012 9:26 pm; edited 1 time in total

Posted Thu Dec 29, 2011 8:11 pm

WE ALL LOVE IT AND ARGUE LIKE FAMILY AND RIVERAT OF COURSE HE SENT THE PAPERWORK IN.MY OLD PARTNER BOB CAUGHT A GOLDPIN CRAPPIE AND WE DIDNT KNOW WHAT TO DO WITH IT SO WE TOOK A PIC AND RELEASED HER BUT I ONLY MAKE THAT MISTAKE ONCE!!!!!!I MADE SURE EVERYTHING GOT DONE RIGHT SO MIKEY CAN REALLY LOOK BACK AND DAMN THAT REALLY WAS AMAZING!!!!!IT'S GONNA TAKE TIME I STILL DON'T BELIEVE WHAT HAPPENED AND I'M SURE DENNY IS STILL SHOCKED .I THINK THE EXPO IS REALLY GONNA SINK IT IN.

I CANT WAIT TO SEE HIM GET THAT AWARD UNLESS SOME CRAZY FISH POPS UP IN THE NEXT DAY!!!

Posted Thu Dec 29, 2011 8:46 pm

nuff said, well put. thanks dave. funny ive ben kinda riding this wave for the last few days. it awsome that someone fron maff got that beast. ive ben braging to people showing them pics (like i got it) and telling them this guy is a member of maff and so am I. i guss in a way . we all have a little braging rights thanks to mike and denny and smoke......
proud member maff

Posted Thu Dec 29, 2011 8:50 pm

Fish of a lifetime, I'd s*** myself if someone beat that in the next 2 days

Posted Thu Dec 29, 2011 9:42 pm

Its a great fish. Glad to see it released to . Congrats! It did look like it had a belly fully of eggs, I;m wondering if this mild winter will force a early spawn?

Posted Fri Dec 30, 2011 12:13 am

Hope to hear from state in a few more days! Called mass wildlife today,got no answer.

Posted Tue Jan 03, 2012 7:18 pm

Richard from masswildlife called me today,they got paperwork and gold pin has been ordered! !

Posted Wed Jan 04, 2012 7:44 pm

can you say A W E S O M E? I knew you could .....

meatballs

Richard from masswildlife called me today,they got paperwork and gold pin has been ordered! !

Posted Wed Jan 04, 2012 8:06 pm

Mike congrats on the fish of a lifetime and pin. Bam also sends his congrats. Great news on the paperwork not ending up lost.

Posted Thu Jan 05, 2012 5:49 pm

awesome so the results are in!!!! and gold pin is coming did he tell you anything else???

OUR OWN MAFF BOYS ARE ON WWW.CHARLIEMOORE.COM ON TOP OF THE PAGE BIG FISH CLUB JAN 2012 YEAHHHH BOY

Posted Thu Jan 05, 2012 7:22 pm

MA Fish Finder

Social Links