I think its a cartopper anyways, so most people wont need their trailors, but many people launch big boats from the beach area launch. But Volume is right, the lot is small...if everyone has cartoppers, it will be perfectly fine, but if several teams have trailors, it will be an issue thats for sure

Posted Mon Aug 22, 2011 9:05 pm

Just spoke to Angler21 provided me with some good insight into the launch, according to him there are two, the bigger of the 2 has a parking lot he said we could fit in if that indeed is the lot we are using, I have to trailer my boat due to its length and weight (technically its a topper 15) I can however put the trailer in the truck with the tongue of the trailer over the roof so it will only take up one spot.
Theres no problem with pushing my boat off the trailer into the water Ive done it a hundred times and I extend the strap from the winch to drag it back up and on
So my question becomes this " Do you guys mind if I trailer it there and push it into the water", Team Sin would really like to make all the tourneys left this year.

Posted Mon Aug 22, 2011 9:21 pm

I think the only time trailering a cartopper becomes an issue is when parking is limited. I know a lot of guys have done mods on their's and now require a trailer. I know I don't have any issues with anyone trailering a cartopper. That's my plan for next season. (anyone looking to get rid of a trailer keep me in mind) You should be fine

Posted Tue Aug 23, 2011 7:22 am

gotta drop out of this, have a wedding that day all the sudden!

Kill ME!

Posted Wed Aug 31, 2011 6:39 pm

hey guys im pretty new to ma fish finder, i saw this ad for cartop contest. can any one join? what are some details?? thanks so much!

'

Posted Wed Aug 31, 2011 9:22 pm

Same thing applys as the message I sent you. Come up with a team name say that your in here or send smokecity a personal message he handles all our tournaments hope to see you at oldham and here as well
Fish Hard, Sin.

Posted Wed Aug 31, 2011 9:45 pm

hey kwinward,are you interested in oldham pond this sunday?all boats welcome.$25 a man $5 lunker optional.6:30 to 12:30.respond to oldham tourney on the message board/bass fishing

Posted Thu Sep 01, 2011 4:33 pm

are so saying the arrogance is out or is jeff still coming???

Posted Thu Sep 01, 2011 4:38 pm

are we launching from the beach or the public ramp?

Posted Mon Sep 05, 2011 4:53 am

Just left the public ramp its says Residents only. Sign says ramp closed from 7 pm to 9 am daily (the gate doesn't have a way to lock tho). You can fit quite a few vehicles in there its good size.

Posted Mon Sep 05, 2011 9:19 am

Ok heres what I found out by driving up there my self.
The first two photos are of (a) the ramp and (b) the sign along side the ramp. The lot has plently of parking for 15 cars.

The third photo is of the other launch site that is marked by the Dept of Fish and Game with a sign that says Cap Topper Access, now I could be wrong but standing at the car topper access looking at all those rocks, its going to be fun launching a crawdad from there never mind an actual topper like mine or Stratos.
not to mention that there is no way in hell your fitting more than 5 (if your lucky) pickups in there

Posted Mon Sep 05, 2011 11:45 am

if someone needs a partner im down

Posted Mon Sep 05, 2011 6:57 pm

OK WE MIGHT HAVE AN ISSUE FOR NORTHPOND, THE PROBLEM WITH THE CARTOPPER TOURNEYS IS WE DON'T HAVE PERMITS FOR THEM LIKE WE DO THE OTHER ONES, SO IN PICKING SPOTS THE RESEARCH ISN'T ALWAYS THERE AND WILL BE NEXT SEASON. SINISTA WENT OUT THERE AND SAW THAT IT IS TOWN PARKING ONLY. I HAVE CALLED TOWN HALL TO SEE IF WE CAN GET A DAY PASS SO TO SPEAK AND HAVE NOT RECIEVED A CALL BACK.

SO I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO DO HERE, I DON'T WANT TO TAKE THE CHANCE OF EVERYONE PARKING AND GETTING TICKETS.
SO SHOULD WE DO ANOTHER BODY OF WATER NEARBY OR?????

NAPA AND VALPS WOULD BE I THINK THE EXPERTS ON THESE PLACES, MAYBE WHITEHALL OR I DON'T KNOW THINKING ALOUD HERE.

THOUGHTS GUYS?

Posted Wed Sep 07, 2011 10:05 am

johnnybag-a-bass

OK WE MIGHT HAVE AN ISSUE FOR NORTHPOND, THE PROBLEM WITH THE CARTOPPER TOURNEYS IS WE DON'T HAVE PERMITS FOR THEM LIKE WE DO THE OTHER ONES, SO IN PICKING SPOTS THE RESEARCH ISN'T ALWAYS THERE AND WILL BE NEXT SEASON. SINISTA WENT OUT THERE AND SAW THAT IT IS TOWN PARKING ONLY. I HAVE CALLED TOWN HALL TO SEE IF WE CAN GET A DAY PASS SO TO SPEAK AND HAVE NOT RECIEVED A CALL BACK.

SO I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO DO HERE, I DON'T WANT TO TAKE THE CHANCE OF EVERYONE PARKING AND GETTING TICKETS.
SO SHOULD WE DO ANOTHER BODY OF WATER NEARBY OR?????

NAPA AND VALPS WOULD BE I THINK THE EXPERTS ON THESE PLACES, MAYBE WHITEHALL OR I DON'T KNOW THINKING ALOUD HERE.

THOUGHTS GUYS?

Im game for where ever, just need to know where, in a previous post Kenny mentioned something about a beach? so did Napa, where this beach is I dont know?

We cant all fit at that cartopper access Im not even sure we can all launch there, its pretty rocky and not enough room for us to park, all we need is one person not with us to park the wrong way and we'll be stuck there all night!

Posted Wed Sep 07, 2011 10:35 am

If you guys would be willing to travel a little more "central mass" I might suggest a spot I discovered on the Quaboag River at the corners of 9 and 67--seemed like a great place to launce "The Toppers"...Jay Wallz knows this spot well I'm sure and may agree--there was plenty of parking in that lot and would give you all a reason to come a little further inland !

Posted Wed Sep 07, 2011 10:36 am

MA Fish Finder

Social Links