johnnybag-a-bass

OK WE MIGHT HAVE AN ISSUE FOR NORTHPOND, THE PROBLEM WITH THE CARTOPPER TOURNEYS IS WE DON'T HAVE PERMITS FOR THEM LIKE WE DO THE OTHER ONES, SO IN PICKING SPOTS THE RESEARCH ISN'T ALWAYS THERE AND WILL BE NEXT SEASON. SINISTA WENT OUT THERE AND SAW THAT IT IS TOWN PARKING ONLY. I HAVE CALLED TOWN HALL TO SEE IF WE CAN GET A DAY PASS SO TO SPEAK AND HAVE NOT RECIEVED A CALL BACK.

SO I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO DO HERE, I DON'T WANT TO TAKE THE CHANCE OF EVERYONE PARKING AND GETTING TICKETS.
SO SHOULD WE DO ANOTHER BODY OF WATER NEARBY OR?????

NAPA AND VALPS WOULD BE I THINK THE EXPERTS ON THESE PLACES, MAYBE WHITEHALL OR I DON'T KNOW THINKING ALOUD HERE.

THOUGHTS GUYS?

Posted Wed Sep 07, 2011 10:49 am

I went up and prefished this pond with my boat on Monday (Labor Day). There was probably 5 or six other trailers in the lot, of which only one had a Town of Hopkinton trailer sticker on it, along with maybe 10 other vehicles (some with kayaks on the roofs.. ie cartoppers).
Was out for probably 4 or 5 hours or so and not even a peep from the town or pd. No tickets, no angry resdients, nothing. I'll give it a go either way, but no way you can launch from the cartopper "ramp" with a trailer or much more than a kayak or canoe for that matter!

If we need to move to a new location, no matter, as long as we are fishing!

I like the Quabog suggestion... although we should just launch from the North Pond ramp... but that was all closed earlier this week due to the fact it was underwater. Sinista coulda been flipping the porta potti for pigs!!

Posted Wed Sep 07, 2011 11:36 am

thats would be a sight, i could see it though, lol

up to you guys i won't be at this one, so it's truly up to you guys

Posted Wed Sep 07, 2011 11:45 am

Toooo Funny!
How bout we launch and screw , park elsewhere to not attract attention and everyone troll to the topper access?

Posted Wed Sep 07, 2011 11:53 am

was looking forward to the Maspy tourney, hopefully we can find a way to pull it off.

Posted Wed Sep 07, 2011 12:04 pm

sinista

johnnybag-a-bass

OK WE MIGHT HAVE AN ISSUE FOR NORTHPOND, THE PROBLEM WITH THE CARTOPPER TOURNEYS IS WE DON'T HAVE PERMITS FOR THEM LIKE WE DO THE OTHER ONES, SO IN PICKING SPOTS THE RESEARCH ISN'T ALWAYS THERE AND WILL BE NEXT SEASON. SINISTA WENT OUT THERE AND SAW THAT IT IS TOWN PARKING ONLY. I HAVE CALLED TOWN HALL TO SEE IF WE CAN GET A DAY PASS SO TO SPEAK AND HAVE NOT RECIEVED A CALL BACK.

SO I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO DO HERE, I DON'T WANT TO TAKE THE CHANCE OF EVERYONE PARKING AND GETTING TICKETS.

NAPA AND VALPS WOULD BE I THINK THE EXPERTS ON THESE PLACES, MAYBE WHITEHALL OR I DON'T KNOW THINKING ALOUD HERE.

THOUGHTS GUYS?

I keep reposting this in hopes others who are fishing will notice and add their input.

Posted Wed Sep 07, 2011 12:15 pm

Some suggestions from my area:

-Quabog Pond "North Pond", Brookfield: easy boat ramp when its not underwater.
-Eddy Pond, Auburn : Small but decent size, does have ramp acceptable for small trailered boats and has at least spots for 6 trailers plus bunch of cartoppers.
-Darkbrook, Auburn: Good size pond used to be better parking but recently the Auburn FD expanded their facility and it appears as if parking has been significantly reduced however there is a school just a bit down the road with ample parking.
-Buffumville Dam, Oxford : State boat ramp, tons of parking, have had tourneys on before

Figured I'd throw some names out there. Whatever we decide is fine with me!

Posted Wed Sep 07, 2011 12:38 pm

Fallentimber Im starting to think its going to be you and I competing against each other?? no one else seems to be chiming in.......

Posted Wed Sep 07, 2011 2:46 pm

sinista

johnnybag-a-bass

THOUGHTS GUYS?

Posted Wed Sep 07, 2011 2:49 pm

Whitehall would probably not work based on 1. the lunker tourney that is taking place there starting at 2:30 pm (go to http://www.lunkersoutfitters.com/Tournaments.htm to check it out) 2. another tourney is going out of there that morning (Bass Anonymous).

Any river could be tough with all the rain and this is coming from a guy who loves to fish rivers.

The other ponds (Auburn/Oxford) suggested are good to go as far as no scheduled tourneys.

Since there is only 10 of us, lets figure out a solution through the forum. Team BOOM's crawdad can be carried over the rocks. I say for all trailers, launch the boat at the town launch, park outside of the launch (location TBD), hitch a ride back to cartopper parking, and troll over as was suggested. We may not necessarily get started as early as we like but I imagine we can make it work. I have not problem doing some of the shuttling. I'll be down there on Friday and can scout a parking spot. Everyone in the tourney post if they have a trailer or not and we can go from there. (and yes, upon rereading my post, this is almost exactly what Sinista suggested). I'll start things off:

Team BOOM/No trailer/Can carry over rocks/Will shuttle

One last edit, I dont think the launch and recovery from the town launch is the issue (because if it is, this plan doesnt work) but rather the need to coordinate before game day who is shuttling, with whom, and where everyone is parking.

Posted Wed Sep 07, 2011 3:50 pm

maddog

Whitehall would probably not work based on 1. the lunker tourney that is taking place there starting at 2:30 pm (go to http://www.lunkersoutfitters.com/Tournaments.htm to check it out) 2. another tourney is going out of there that morning (Bass Anonymous).

Any river could be tough with all the rain and this is coming from a guy who loves to fish rivers.

The other ponds (Auburn/Oxford) suggested are good to go as far as no scheduled tourneys.

Since there is only 10 of us, lets figure out a solution through the forum. Team BOOM's crawdad can be carried over the rocks. I say for all trailers, launch the boat at the town launch, park outside of the launch (location TBD), hitch a ride back to cartopper parking, and troll over as was suggested. We may not necessarily get started as early as we like but I imagine we can make it work. I have not problem doing some of the shuttling. I'll be down there on Friday and can scout a parking spot. Everyone in the tourney post if they have a trailer or not and we can go from there. (and yes, upon rereading my post, this is almost exactly what Sinista suggested). I'll start things off:

Team BOOM/No trailer/Can carry over rocks/Will shuttle

One last edit, I dont think the launch and recovery from the town launch is the issue (because if it is, this plan doesnt work) but rather the need to coordinate before game day who is shuttling, with whom, and where everyone is parking.

Sounds good to me,
Team Sinista , trailering, partener has pick up and can transport a few heads if need be.

Posted Wed Sep 07, 2011 4:04 pm

sinista

Fallentimber Im starting to think its going to be you and I competing against each other?? no one else seems to be chiming in.......

Not our neck of the woods Brother Sinista, so we don't know many fishing holes around the area. Come up to the North Shore and we can talk some ponds around here. We are down with whatever the consensus is on the board though and will be wherever the tourney is at! Next year we plan on hosting a few, to help out up this way! Cool

Posted Wed Sep 07, 2011 4:30 pm

pocketfisherman

sinista

Not our neck of the woods Brother Sinista, so we don't know many fishing holes around the area. Come up to the North Shore and we can talk some ponds around here. We are down with whatever the consensus is on the board though and will be wherever the tourney is at! Next year we plan on hosting a few, to help out up this way! Cool

Sounds to me like next year could lead to a East/West or North/South Massachusetts Divsional Final!! Very Happy

Team Beaver Fever/Smokecity: Trailering, could carry if need be, gotta van so can shuttle if needed. With the project chance of rain I may just park in the lot, dont honestly figure to many people will be out, especially after how dead it was on Labor Day.
Let's go fishing gentlemen! (I use that term VERY loosely Laughing )

Posted Wed Sep 07, 2011 4:52 pm

mine is a straight up cartopper. We will fish anywhere you want but like Northshore I'm not from around there.

Posted Wed Sep 07, 2011 6:14 pm

Can I get more imfo? I'm a long time car topper but a tourney virgin. Is it team or single? 5 fish limit? bag and lunker?

Posted Wed Sep 07, 2011 7:35 pm

MA Fish Finder

Social Links