Here we go guys and gals

Just for the kayaks and canoes!
you must have a camera or a smart phone that can take a time stamped photo, yes they have apps for that, lol

once you catch your fish you will take a picture of it on the scale.
when we get back to the launch you will bring me your phones or cameras and I will log and tally up the results and payout the winnings. 5 fish limit must be at least 12"

now this will be a learning curve as we go but I feel it should work. let's do a river to start, less boat activity.

Charles river in waltham the launch is on Woerd ave in waltham ma. good parking and a good stretch of fishing to be had.

lets say we start at 6:30 and go till 12:00 on 7-22
what do you guys think of that, if that works great, if not like i said we can fine tune these from here.

let me know

01] BASSASINS'
02] STEVELIBS
03] BERLKEEGRAD
04] REGULARROY
05] POPEYE
06] WNECBASS
07] KIZEL13
08] EMERTON
09]
10]

Last edited by johnnybag-a-bass on Wed Jul 18, 2012 7:23 am; edited 9 times in total

Posted Wed Jul 11, 2012 11:07 am

paddle power only?

Posted Wed Jul 11, 2012 11:11 am

paddle only, really for the kayakers, but canoes should be welcome, just have to paddle to keep it even

Posted Wed Jul 11, 2012 11:13 am

hahahah I am pestering Dunt cuz he has a canoe and just realized it would be one man teams. Doh. I need to borrow his canoe

Posted Wed Jul 11, 2012 11:17 am

Sorry bud Kayak date doesnt work for me, Ill be in Maine camping and dont see a 3am wake up call to make it back in time........if it is going to be canoe and kayak, the canoe's should be able to support a livewell, I do it in the cartoppers just fine. If the date changes put Pound Town at the top of that list.

Posted Wed Jul 11, 2012 11:42 am

biggz53

Sorry bud Kayak date doesnt work for me, Ill be in Maine camping and dont see a 3am wake up call to make it back in time........if it is going to be canoe and kayak, the canoe's should be able to support a livewell, I do it in the cartoppers just fine. If the date changes put Pound Town at the top of that list.

Also if the date does get changed, Id love to help out organizing to get a feel for it, hopefully host a car topper down the road.

Posted Wed Jul 11, 2012 11:45 am

I like the idea of a virtual weigh in. Time stamped pics of the scale. No worries about keeping fish alive and less gear to load/unload. Johnny I'm gonna ask Dunt if I can use his canoe. I'm in if I can. This type of tourney intrigues me.

is it $25 or $50 to get in?

Posted Wed Jul 11, 2012 11:45 am

Im not quite sure I am sold on a canoe for these tournaments. Canoe's can easily be set up for car toppers. Plus a lot of the skill of kayak fishing is taken out, nothing like having a big larry pulling you around in a kayak

Posted Wed Jul 11, 2012 11:50 am

biggz53

Im not quite sure I am sold on a canoe for these tournaments. Canoe's can easily be set up for car toppers. Plus a lot of the skill of kayak fishing is taken out, nothing like having a big larry pulling you around in a kayak

by allowing canoes there's a better chance of a full field

Posted Wed Jul 11, 2012 11:51 am

He just posted, we cant be sure what the turn out of canoe's would, just from the e-mails we had going back and forth with a few people we probably had 6 and thats without posting up.

Posted Wed Jul 11, 2012 11:57 am

$25 PER MAN, WILL INCLUDE A LUNKER PAYOUT

the date may be to close, we can do it in august as well, lets' give it a few days and see what we get

Posted Wed Jul 11, 2012 12:10 pm

I love this idea and would definitely be interested in the future. Unfortunately, I'll be recovering from a hangover that morning.

Don't know if it's possible but it might help to have some sort or fixed weight (i.e. 2lb dumb bell) that you can calibrate scales with.

Thanks for setting these up!

Posted Wed Jul 11, 2012 12:18 pm

great suggestion, something that would be done in the morning. good call

this one might not even fly, so we'll see you one of them

Posted Wed Jul 11, 2012 12:47 pm

Bassasin's are in

Posted Wed Jul 11, 2012 2:50 pm

uuuuuuuu

Last edited by stevelibs on Thu Nov 08, 2012 7:37 pm; edited 1 time in total

Posted Wed Jul 11, 2012 3:52 pm

MA Fish Finder

Social Links