Do you think it would be easier to take a pic of a fish on the ruller while in the kayak?
I don't know, do you guys think this will work doing it with the photos?
I'm open to what you guys think, it's your tourney. I just want to get some going for you guys. If you think we should try a different way, I'm game.

Posted Mon Jul 16, 2012 6:18 pm

johnnybag-a-bass

Do you think it would be easier to take a pic of a fish on the ruller while in the kayak?
I don't know, do you guys think this will work doing it with the photos?
I'm open to what you guys think, it's your tourney. I just want to get some going for you guys. If you think we should try a different way, I'm game.

I can't make this one but here's my 2 cents:

- I know some cameras don't timestamp. I looked into how I can use my iPhone and I'd have to download a special app since the default camera app doesn't timestamp.

- My suggestion would just be to pick something at the ramp to take a picture of and then everything after that in the photo library will be from that day.

- I think it would be easier to hold a scale with a fish on it and take a picture vs holding it against a ruler. I like the idea of total lbs better then length.

- I don't think you need to get the whole fish in the pic, just the readout of the scale plus some of the fish.

- I would think the MAFFERs here would be fine just leaving it to the honor system because it's really just about getting out to have some competitive fun. If your there to win a couple bucks and cheat you could probably find better ways to make money Smile

Posted Mon Jul 16, 2012 6:47 pm

I love the take a starting point picture, that solves that one.
And I would think like you say take pic of the fish on the scale for weigh in and of course maybe another with out, just because.
Great idea.

Posted Mon Jul 16, 2012 6:58 pm

fffffffffff

Last edited by stevelibs on Thu Nov 08, 2012 7:39 pm; edited 1 time in total

Posted Mon Jul 16, 2012 7:16 pm

We are the guinea pigs. I too was wondering how to time stamp iphone pics. I like the idea of a starting pic and I am totally 100% convinced that the honor system works here.

Posted Mon Jul 16, 2012 8:18 pm

I just got a free app called Time stamp it and have been messin with it. So far so good. Another thing that I have is a case for the iPhone that is called the Drisuit. It is totally waterproof and it allows you to even take underwater pictures. Just a couple of options anyway

Posted Mon Jul 16, 2012 8:45 pm

I actually did the search for an app today and then got sidetracked before I could look at the results. I have an aquapac for my iPhone. Same deal. Waterproof and can still operate the phone.

Posted Mon Jul 16, 2012 9:48 pm

Ive tAken pics through a ziplock bag with my phone if the bag is tight against the phone you should be able to see the scale its a cheap water proofing just a suggestion. Wish i have a kayak kinda makes me wanna go buy one

Posted Tue Jul 17, 2012 2:08 am

I just checked, the camera I was going to use only shows a date stamp on the photo. If I have the picture on the screen of the camera I can select information from the menu and it gives you the date, time and settings used to take the picture. All photos are going to be reviewed at the parking area, it seems easy to do?

Posted Tue Jul 17, 2012 3:44 am

KIZEL13 I still have that extra kayak and you are right up the street from me if like to give it a try.

Posted Tue Jul 17, 2012 3:52 am

I think so long as we have a way to confirm the date and time of the photo we should be good. I'm not worried about it. We will iron out these small uncertainties as we go.

Posted Tue Jul 17, 2012 5:44 am

yeah jjbagoose solved the time thing, at the launch everyone will take a picture of the sign up sheet and then that will be the starting point for the pics, so when we get back to the launch we can start there.

EXCELLENT IDEA, WE NO LONGER NEED A TIMESTAMPED PHOTO!

you will need a scale that can be read via picture

Posted Tue Jul 17, 2012 7:10 am

regularroy

KIZEL13 I still have that extra kayak and you are right up the street from me if like to give it a try.

I might just have to take you up on this i would love to get in on this tourney.

Posted Tue Jul 17, 2012 11:20 am

Im in! Thanks to Roy!

Posted Tue Jul 17, 2012 5:26 pm

Roy's a stud!

Posted Tue Jul 17, 2012 5:51 pm

MA Fish Finder

Social Links