WEATHER:

WINDY 15MPH GUSTS TO 20 MOSTLY CLOUDY 48 WITH A WATER TEMP OF 43 TO 44 DEGREES

THIS IS WHY WE FISH!!!!

IT ALL STARTED LIKE THIS MIKEY MEATBALLS TEXTED ME TO SEE WHERE I BEEN FISHING LATELY .HE ASKED WHERE I WOULD GO TO FISH SINCE WE GOT EM LAST WEEK PRETTY GOOD .DENNY AND MIKE HAD THE DAY OFF SO WHY NOT TRY TO GET A FEW!!!I TELL HIM I WILL MEET THEM THERE BOUT 8AM . WE GET ON THE WATER AND I PULL A PERCH OUT LIL GUY BUT A FISH!!! THEN NOTHING SO WE MOVE THE WHAMM DENNY GETS A NICE RAINBOW TROUT IN THE BOAT. WINDS ARE PICKING UP PROB 15MPH OR SO.WE MOVE AGAIN AND I PICK UP A RAINBOW. WE FISH THE AREA AND DECIDE TO MOVE BACK WHERE WE STARTED AND STILL NOTHING REALLY BITING. THEN BOOM I GET A SMALLIE ON 4TH FISH OF THE DAY!!! WE MOVE BACK TO THE TOP OF THE KEY AND COAST DOWN AGAIN AND BMMMMMPPP MIKEY GETS BIT WITH THE LUNKER OF THE DAY A 2+ LARRY NOW EVERONE IS FEELING PRETTY GOOD. THEN THE MAGIC HAPPENED MIKEY GETS WHACKED I SEE HIM BATTLING SOMETHING AND HEAR DENNY SAY OMG LOOK AT ITS BELLY.I GRAB THE NET HEAD TO THE FISH. I SEE THIS FISH AND I'M LIKE HOLY S*** IS THAT HUGE!!I TRY TO GET HIM AND HE SEES THE BOAT AND DIVES UNDER HEADS TOWARD THE BACK WHERE DENNY IS ""DOWN IN LIP HIM MODE""TEAM EFFORT FOR SURE!!! THE FISH POPS BACK UP I SCOOP HIM UP AND PULL THE BEAST INTO THE BOAT AND WE ALL GO CRAZY!!!!THIS IS A FISH OF A LIFETIME I WEIGH IT IN AT 9.4LBS. I SAY TO THEM WE GOTTA GO WEIGH IN NOW!! MIGHT BE A GOLD PIN FISH AND THATS WHAT WE DID.. BROUGHT THE MONSTER TO RED TOP BAIT AND TACKLE IN BUZZARDS BAY TO OFFICIALLY WEIGHT IN AT 9.4LBS TIED FOR GOLD PIN IN MASS THIS YEAR!!! MIKEY TOLD YA THAT BAIT WORKS HA HA AND DENNY THAT WAS AMAZING WASN'T IT THANKS FOR ASKING ME TO FISH BOYS!!I'M SO PUMPED FOR YOU MIKEY HAVING YOUR NAME UP AS BIGGEST OF THE YEAR IN MASS!! IF IT ALL WORKS OUT THATS WHAT WILL HAPPEN!!!!GOOD TIME BOYS AND IT'S DEC 27TH!!!!!!!AWESOME TIME!!! FISH OF A LIFETIME

22 INCHES LONG 20 INCHES OF GIRTH WOW!!

Video of catch and release

catch
http://youtu.be/4H9NLym8jgY
release
http://youtu.be/5cp2oYPoFCA

Last edited by smokecity on Wed Dec 28, 2011 2:01 pm; edited 4 times in total

Posted Tue Dec 27, 2011 7:00 pm

I just destroyed all my gear after reading and seeing this

Posted Tue Dec 27, 2011 7:12 pm

Really was a team effort, smoke gave me the 3 inch jig, told me what line to use,where to go,Dennys idea to go fishing in the first place,really how sick do you have to be it's December 27! Your a good man Denny worth the 4 hour ride. Ya I do owe you dinner since you let yours go. Lets hope no one catches anything bigger in the next 3 days! Thanks guys for a trip to remember for a life time.

Posted Tue Dec 27, 2011 7:29 pm

I passed you this morning on rte 3. was headed to meet Wojo for a day of fishing. figured you were headed for the cape. you guys definitely outfished us. congrats on that monster fish.

Posted Tue Dec 27, 2011 8:00 pm

Sick fish, a fish of a lifetime for sure. Congrats!!!

Posted Tue Dec 27, 2011 8:16 pm

Wow.....just Wow!!!!

Posted Tue Dec 27, 2011 8:48 pm

MIKEY IM GLAD I COULD HELP YOU CATCH THAT FISH AND I'M SURE EVERYONE ON MAFF IS HAPPY WE GOT THAT ONE IN THE BOAT. THAT IS THE FISH WE ALL FISH FOR AND THERE IS THE PROOF THAT THEY EXIST. LOTS OF FUN MIKEY AND DENNY A DAY TO REMEMBER FOR LIFE GUYS!!!

Posted Tue Dec 27, 2011 9:39 pm

I imagine the guy you tied with will be amazed to find his catch tied with a largie caught on Dec 27! Have fun at the Sportsfish Awards Ceremony. I know by now we usually have ice and I imagine guys earn their awards that way but something should be said for open water late Dec gold pins. Great job!

Posted Tue Dec 27, 2011 9:56 pm

smokecity

MIKEY IM GLAD I COULD HELP YOU CATCH THAT FISH AND I'M SURE EVERYONE ON MAFF IS HAPPY WE GOT THAT ONE IN THE BOAT. THAT IS THE FISH WE ALL FISH FOR AND THERE IS THE PROOF THAT THEY EXIST. LOTS OF FUN MIKEY AND DENNY A DAY TO REMEMBER FOR LIFE GUYS!!!

THIS IS TRUE SMOKE! I FOR ONE GOT A CHUBBY

Posted Tue Dec 27, 2011 10:08 pm

I heard this rumor that someone else had a 9.4 as well,lets hope no one else catches anything bigger in 3 days ......lol

Posted Tue Dec 27, 2011 10:59 pm

I heard this rumor that someone else had a 9.4 as well,lets hope no one else catches anything bigger in 3 days ......lol

Posted Tue Dec 27, 2011 11:03 pm

That thing looks like it swollowed a basketball! Great job! Congrats! You should get a replica made of that one. Americanfishtaxidermy is a good site to check out.

Posted Wed Dec 28, 2011 6:40 am

wow is right good job meatballs and for you smoke we gotta get a bigger one then that now thanks !!!!!!!!!!!

Posted Wed Dec 28, 2011 7:37 am

a fish of a lifetime

Last edited by riverrat82 on Fri Jan 20, 2012 9:24 pm; edited 1 time in total

Posted Wed Dec 28, 2011 7:55 am

A certified 9 lb.4 oz largemouth was weighed in last month by another very happy angler.. Check it out at newenglandfishing.net. You'll have to register to view. they have some great photos of the fish too.

Posted Wed Dec 28, 2011 8:38 am

MA Fish Finder

Social Links