samf

stratos1966

samf

NEIL: One last time PLEASE can we lay this all to rest if not for each other then for the sake of how we present MAFF to the public.

i agree with this guy

Sam, respectfully, you need to direct this comment to Napa and Budwick. They are causing the problems. No one else.

i'm sitting in the middle...not on one side or another. just would rather fish than fight.

I like this guy^^

Posted Thu Apr 25, 2013 1:40 pm

sinista

Where : Long Pond Lakeville
GPS ADDRESS: 212 Middleboro Rd (Rte 18 ) Lakeville Ma
When : 4/28
Arrival 6am
Launch 7am
Weigh in 3pm
20 boat max
50$ per boat solo or team

WE WILL BE HOLDING A 50/50 RAFFLE AT THE WEIGH IN, TICKETS CAN BE PURCHASED BEFORE WE LAUNCH 3 FOR 5$ - 7 FOR 10$...THE WINNER GETS 50% OF THE POT THE REMAINING 50% WILL BE PUT ASIDE TO BEGIN OUR COOKOUT FUND.

1. Sinista
2 Hoda
3 Shaw
4 LHPSND
5 Riva Rats
6 Halo
7 Lunker Hunter
8 Wicked Old
9 Draginbaits
10 Chevy1
11 Silver City Lunkers
12 Team E
13 Chasintail

Posted Thu Apr 25, 2013 1:50 pm

boneyard

sinista

Where : Long Pond Lakeville
GPS ADDRESS: 212 Middleboro Rd (Rte 18 ) Lakeville Ma
When : 4/28
Arrival 6am
Launch 7am
Weigh in 3pm
20 boat max
50$ per boat solo or team

WE WILL BE HOLDING A 50/50 RAFFLE AT THE WEIGH IN, TICKETS CAN BE PURCHASED BEFORE WE LAUNCH 3 FOR 5$ - 7 FOR 10$...THE WINNER GETS 50% OF THE POT THE REMAINING 50% WILL BE PUT ASIDE TO BEGIN OUR COOKOUT FUND.

1. Sinista
2 Hoda
3 Shaw
4 LHPSND
5 Riva Rats
6 Halo
7 Lunker Hunter
8 Wicked Old
9 Draginbaits
10 Chevy1
11 Silver City Lunkers
12 Team E
13 Chasintail
14castaway

Posted Thu Apr 25, 2013 2:00 pm

welcome aboard castaway, see you on sunday, be sure to have a working livewell capable of keeping 5 alive. see you there

Posted Thu Apr 25, 2013 2:15 pm

budwick

kizel13

Im not trynna get in the middle of anything because i have no problem with anybody on here but jbigs saw that i was having financial and offered to help me out till i could pay him back not because he wants the trophy money but because he is a nice guy and offered to help a fellow maffer in need! Thank you again man

I'm glad he offered that to you man. You probably deserve it. But that doesn't mean he has any more respect for maff and I quote " the nef OG's are 3 for 3" he's a fuckin moron and his true colors are really showing. Good luck Sunday buddy . Hope you kill em!

Laughing

Last edited by jbigun on Thu Apr 25, 2013 9:44 pm; edited 1 time in total

Posted Thu Apr 25, 2013 2:16 pm

I really think everyone has made their points here.I REALLY THINK IT NEEDS TO STOP.AND I REALLY THINK EVERYONE NEEDS TO GROW THE F&*K UP!!!!!!!!!
I understand the times have changed.I really don't think we need to fish a full 8 hours.We were fine with 7,My previous get together club only fished 6 hours.I'd be happy with 4 hours.I like competitive fishing,I like to see everyone catch fish,I like this atmosphere.
If anyone has fished Cranbog Hawgs you know what I'm talking about.Everyone gets along and has a great time fishing.I had nothing to do with fishing 8 hours.I say put up your poll for 7 hours or 8 hours.

Posted Thu Apr 25, 2013 3:44 pm

I had this whole long reply that was typed up and ready to go, but I hit the wrong button and it was gone. It would have pissed some off, but I'll cut to the quick and dirty of it now.

The nuts and bolts of the tourneys are the same, so then what is it that is causing the difference in opinions?

1. Trying to turn it into the Bassmasters may be one thing?
2. Statements such as "Once the fish are handed to the guy checking to see if they are legal size and alive, they become the property of the TD's (which titles are kind of a joke in itself)" may be another?
3. Maybe leaving stranded boaters and making statements such as "The responsible thing was to get your own fish to the weigh-in first" or "We could always take your fish in for you and come get you later" may have added to it as well?
4. Or saying that "Nobody stepped up to help when asked", when in fact many did and successfully ran their tourneys, might be a bone of contention to some of us who did and offered to again this season? Oh yeah, I was told too many Chiefs, so "No thank you". I still like that guy, but that didn't sit well with me.
5. We've all gotten permits in the past and could have easily done so again, just saying.
6. Aligning yourselves with easily one of the biggest villains (or misunderstood in his own mind) in MAFF history probably didn't help? Too many posts were deleted. Newbies and others who have latched on did not get a chance to see the douchey stuff, just the helpful offering up info side and therefore latched on and protect. Personaly I have no beef with him as Sam so often points out, but too many people do and maybe that is a shame or not?

There were many more examples, but I am done writing novels to say why there is now a difference now then before. These are just my observations, but I'm sure many others feel similarly, whether they say so or not. Most of the people on MAFF are really good guys. Regardless, we can all choose to fish in these tourneys or make our own "The way it used to be", which is exactly what we have done. Anyone can fish how, where and with whoever they want to. Personalities are always going to come in to play, but I just don't remember it being so much until others came aboard and brought the problems of different boards and groups with them. That's all I have to say about that and said what I felt.

Fish on folks!

Posted Thu Apr 25, 2013 3:49 pm

sorry guys I had to throw in my 2 cents...I joined this site last summer and ended up fishing around 6 or 7 T's..I also fished with some great guys and fisherman..Sam and Jeff...everyone I have meet on this site has been very helpful...I hope to fish in some of the T's later in the year...There are to many conflicts with my club T's early on...Good luck to all....Lets all please just get along.

Posted Thu Apr 25, 2013 4:36 pm

pocketfisherman

There were many more examples, but I am done writing novels to say why there is now a difference now then before.

Thank you! It got old after the first 5 you wrote. We get it!!! Let's all enjoy the rest of the season and keep filling up tournaments and having a good time. Or at least start a thread where people can have their therapy sessions and keep the sign ups for what they are intended for.

Posted Thu Apr 25, 2013 5:09 pm

jbigun

pocketfisherman

There were many more examples, but I am done writing novels to say why there is now a difference now then before.

Thank you! It got old after the first 5 you wrote. We get it!!! Let's all enjoy the rest of the season and keep filling up tournaments and having a good time. Or at least start a thread where people can have their therapy sessions and keep the sign ups for what they are intended for.

You just go where the thread does. Only the first page is what matters of the sign-ups. It was longer but I had to make some points. Doesn't matter though, it is what it is.

Last edited by pocketfisherman on Thu Apr 25, 2013 5:56 pm; edited 1 time in total

Posted Thu Apr 25, 2013 5:28 pm

jutterbugging

sorry guys I had to throw in my 2 cents...I joined this site last summer and ended up fishing around 6 or 7 T's..I also fished with some great guys and fisherman..Sam and Jeff...everyone I have meet on this site has been very helpful...I hope to fish in some of the T's later in the year...There are to many conflicts with my club T's early on...Good luck to all....Lets all please just get along.

steve, i still appreciate the invitations and it was great fishing with you. hope to see you out there again soon and best of luck in your club tournaments and ABA.

Posted Thu Apr 25, 2013 5:35 pm

STRIKE ZONE IS IN

Posted Thu Apr 25, 2013 7:39 pm

wow I was stuck working thru all this. We need a Maff reality show. Smile

Posted Thu Apr 25, 2013 7:41 pm

I thought with 7 pages maybe the list would be full

Posted Thu Apr 25, 2013 8:48 pm

Im new here, so cant comment on your sites history and chemistry & whos who?. I have fished 1 tourney and can say all the guys were friendly, the event was well run, adn seemed everyone got along. Never easy when your an outsider making an introduction to a new group, but I felt comfortable with the group at Wattuppa a couple weeks ago as all the guys were cool.
I hardly freshwater fish anymore as I chase tuna for the most part with my available time. I get out 2-3 times a year on the freshwater but hope to do a few more MAFF- T's this season. A big thanx to the guys that take the time to make the site and the T's happen!! Alot of unseen, under appreciated, thankless hrs with little return !
Growing pains!! Many sites go through the same issues. Start small, tite group. one guy tells a friend or 2, and so on till it aint such a tite little community anymore! Larger group more oppertunity for A-holes & newbs to rub the nerves of the old guard. Keep helping each other, posting reports, MAFF Tourneys, trips & pics as I enjoy reading all about it!!

Posted Thu Apr 25, 2013 9:38 pm

MA Fish Finder

Social Links