budwick

jbigun

shawneramone

I mostly try to stay neutral but one BIG point that is being missed here is that MAFF wasn't set up as a tournament site. MAFF is a fishing forum designed to be a fun, friendly place for anglers of all levels to come and share knowledge. A few years ago Johnny thought it might be a cool thing to get together with some of the other guys on the site, throw a few bucks in a hat and have some fun. It was never really about the prize money. What is happening is the tournament schedule has become the main focus for a lot of people and as much as everybody wants to insist that nothing's changed I beg to differ. It seems to be all about the money. I'm not picking sides. I'm not putting anyone down and I'm not criticizing how anything is run. All I'm saying is that is the difference from then and now.

I only came to MAFF because of the tournaments and that is the only reason I hung around. Definitely not for the prize money though.

Not true. You and rich can blow each other

Typical internet troll - never met you in person and here you are throwing insults my way. I'm just telling it how it is - the only posts I see from you are complaining.

I offered to pay a member's entry fee here for Lakeville - yeah its all about the money to me Laughing

Posted Thu Apr 25, 2013 12:31 pm

napa

Much respect Neil, your a good dude and you know I respect you.

You have to be honest with yourself, you have tried to put this fire out since last winter and its a waste of your time. As long as Rich is associated with MAFF, he is going to always be targeted. And he has earned that himself. It is not a coincidence that about 75% of members here have a big problem with him and only him. And from what I hear the same occurs on other sites.

It is what it is, its not going to be put to rest because Rich will forever be a douche.

Perfect example was today.... a guy kindly asks about switching the weigh in time to 2pm and Rich comes up with some disrespectful and lame "i dont give a crap about your concern" answer, like Rich is the freaking king around here..... Where as YOU just opened it up to discussion and are taking a vote! See the difference? You did it the right and respectful way, where as Rich puts himself on a platform and gave a rude answer and expects people to just sit back?

I appreciate your response and I respect you as well, this may hurt a little but....

Rich text me and said " Hey Neil I think the guys are right about the 3pm weigh in , how bout you change the weigh in to 2pm for the June July and August Cartopper schedule since there is no motor noise and less neighbors are likely to complain if we quietly launch an hour early" ..

Posted Thu Apr 25, 2013 12:34 pm

lol, why would a text that no one can see hurt me Neil?

I refer to a public POST that we all saw from Rich that stated

"9999999999999.999999% of tournaments are 7-3
Weigh in starts at 3 is over by 3:30 you are on the road by 4, If you have an hours drive you are in the door at 5. 5:30 the latest"

I can only base my arguments off the facts in front of me.

Rich probably read your post about a vote and the chameleon that he is changed his argument so he looked good for you.

Last edited by napa on Thu Apr 25, 2013 12:42 pm; edited 2 times in total

Posted Thu Apr 25, 2013 12:38 pm

napa

"9999999999999.999999% of tournments are 7-3
Weigh in starts at 3 is over by 3:30 you are on the road by 4, If you have an hours drive you are in the door at 5. 5:30 the latest"

I can only base my arguments off the facts in front of me

Didnt intend it to come out that way, you know what I mean, figure of speech type stuff, lol

Posted Thu Apr 25, 2013 12:40 pm

napa

"9999999999999.999999% of tournaments are 7-3

I can only base my arguments off the facts in front of me.

Rich probably read your post about a vote and the cameleon that he is changed his argument so he looked good for you.

Tom made the comment he would get in the door at 7pm from Boone. I was just trying to show that would not be the case. Stop reading into things. I meant no disrespect. In fact the only one it should have mattered to was Tom since my comment was in response to his post.
FWIW after I posted that last night I thought about it. I asked myself how can we still fish 8 hours and help some of those that want to be off the water earlier in the day. I came up with the 6-2 idea and passed it by Neil. Shame on me!!!!

And for the record some of your PUBLIC posts are 100x worse then anything I have ever said. What does that make you?

Last edited by stratos1966 on Thu Apr 25, 2013 12:52 pm; edited 1 time in total

Posted Thu Apr 25, 2013 12:45 pm

This is pretty much why I try to stay out. The shirts were Maff shirts. They showed our pride in Maff. Yes they had our team names on them but if you looked at us as a group you just saw Maff.

Posted Thu Apr 25, 2013 12:49 pm

jbigun

budwick

jbigun

shawneramone

I mostly try to stay neutral but one BIG point that is being missed here is that MAFF wasn't set up as a tournament site. MAFF is a fishing forum designed to be a fun, friendly place for anglers of all levels to come and share knowledge. A few years ago Johnny thought it might be a cool thing to get together with some of the other guys on the site, throw a few bucks in a hat and have some fun. It was never really about the prize money. What is happening is the tournament schedule has become the main focus for a lot of people and as much as everybody wants to insist that nothing's changed I beg to differ. It seems to be all about the money. I'm not picking sides. I'm not putting anyone down and I'm not criticizing how anything is run. All I'm saying is that is the difference from then and now.

I only came to MAFF because of the tournaments and that is the only reason I hung around. Definitely not for the prize money though.

Not true. You and rich can blow each other

Typical internet troll - never met you in person and here you are throwing insults my way. I'm just telling it how it is - the only posts I see from you are complaining.

I offered to pay a member's entry fee here for Lakeville - yeah its all about the money to me Laughing

Yes, I am throwing insults at you. Your fucked up too along with rich and nef. You came here for one reason, and not the reasoned was intended to be. Your here taking advantage of these fun tournaments and don't care about anything else maff has to offer . No trip post? No photo comments? Your a piece of s*** too.

Posted Thu Apr 25, 2013 12:50 pm

i think shawn was trying to say the tournaments were a bunch of guys getting together to fish, shoot the s***, and throw money in a hat rather than have the feeling of a competitive tournament. that also touches on the comments about "ringers" or pros / semi-pros signing up here to join for 1 tournament then never coming back.

tournaments are a big part of MAFF but i don't think the intention was them being like the ABA, MA Bass etc.

the site's too popular now for it to be like that and i get it. that's just my interpretation of things, that's all.

NEIL: One last time PLEASE can we lay this all to rest if not for each other then for the sake of how we present MAFF to the public.

i agree with this guy

Posted Thu Apr 25, 2013 1:08 pm

samf

i think shawn was trying to say the tournaments were a bunch of guys getting together to fish, shoot the s***, and throw money in a hat rather than have the feeling of a competitive tournament. that also touches on the comments about "ringers" or pros / semi-pros signing up here to join for 1 tournament then never coming back.

tournaments are a big part of MAFF but i don't think the intention was them being like the ABA, MA Bass etc.

the site's too popular now for it to be like that and i get it. that's just my interpretation of things, that's all.

NEIL: One last time PLEASE can we lay this all to rest if not for each other then for the sake of how we present MAFF to the public.

i agree with this guy

Thank You Sam

Posted Thu Apr 25, 2013 1:13 pm

Im not trynna get in the middle of anything because i have no problem with anybody on here but jbigs saw that i was having financial and offered to help me out till i could pay him back not because he wants the trophy money but because he is a nice guy and offered to help a fellow maffer in need! Thank you again man

Posted Thu Apr 25, 2013 1:14 pm

samf

i agree with this guy

Sam, respectfully, you need to direct this comment to Napa and Budwick. They are causing the problems. No one else.

Posted Thu Apr 25, 2013 1:18 pm

kizel13

Im not trynna get in the middle of anything because i have no problem with anybody on here but jbigs saw that i was having financial and offered to help me out till i could pay him back not because he wants the trophy money but because he is a nice guy and offered to help a fellow maffer in need! Thank you again man

I'm glad he offered that to you man. You probably deserve it. But that doesn't mean he has any more respect for maff and I quote " the nef OG's are 3 for 3" he's a fuckin moron and his true colors are really showing. Good luck Sunday buddy . Hope you kill em!

Posted Thu Apr 25, 2013 1:21 pm

samf

That's what I meant Sam. Thanks

i agree with this guy

Posted Thu Apr 25, 2013 1:26 pm

kizel13

Hey can I get a shout out for offering to help the week before that!!!! LMAO

Posted Thu Apr 25, 2013 1:35 pm

stratos1966

samf

i agree with this guy

Sam, respectfully, you need to direct this comment to Napa and Budwick. They are causing the problems. No one else.

i'm sitting in the middle...not on one side or another. just would rather fish than fight.

Posted Thu Apr 25, 2013 1:35 pm

MA Fish Finder

Social Links