yeah i know they work although i don't think it matters that it's actually a senko instead of a knock off. i just like to throw different stuff when fun fishing. but it isn't so fun catching nothing. i couldn't even tell i had a fish when i put it on. it was just there and i started reeling in and pulled it away from the fish.

Posted Tue Apr 02, 2013 7:12 am

samf

it's harder than it seems. even for someone that doesn't mind fishing really slowly. not going to lie, i caved and put the old senko on sunday...

Lol, Sam. I did the same exact thing and tied on a Senko. It was at the end of the day though and I maybe got in 5 casts with it on total. Oh well

Posted Tue Apr 02, 2013 2:19 pm

pocketfisherman

samf

it's harder than it seems. even for someone that doesn't mind fishing really slowly. not going to lie, i caved and put the old senko on sunday...

Lol, Sam. I did the same exact thing and tied on a Senko. It was at the end of the day though and I maybe got in 5 casts with it on total. Oh well

I caved as well but my binky of choice is a Fat Albert curly tail grub. My buddy went to the senko and we seem to catch an equal amount.

Posted Tue Apr 02, 2013 2:52 pm

Yeah my first fish of the year was off a Senko tried everything in my tackle box then finally said maybe I will get one off this. A 3lb pickerel don't know if they count though.

Posted Tue Apr 02, 2013 4:29 pm

i don't fish open water senkos much and it's more skipping a plastic to cover so i don't think that the "senko" itself that important.

i hate slime darts but there were a few times this year that i was hoping to catch one to dull the pain of not getting a bite. then i caught one the other day and it bit my $15 lucky craft jerkbait clean off...

Last edited by samf on Tue Apr 02, 2013 6:00 pm; edited 1 time in total

Posted Tue Apr 02, 2013 5:36 pm

I'm stuck on shore for the most part so a senko can be cast a mile and cover a lot of ground and are weedless when rigged that way and have no problem fishing them slow.

Posted Tue Apr 02, 2013 5:46 pm

that was me a few years back. they're definitely effective in open water with that slow fall and senko wiggle. sometimes shore fishing is more successful. you can stay in place (literally) and keep a very light or weightless bait in the same spot easily without moving it much.

Posted Tue Apr 02, 2013 6:02 pm

Yeah I just started fishing with them last yr so I guess I'm not quite sick of them and last yr had my best bass fishing yr ever so I will continue to use them but also bought some new cranks and top waters to try out this yr.

Posted Tue Apr 02, 2013 6:06 pm

MA Fish Finder

Social Links