tate

shawneramone

I bought used too. Like Blackstone said, maybe it came with a curse

It use to catch plenty of fish! lol

YOU USED IT ALL UP!!!!!

LMAO!!! I need to get my mojo going. I'm having trouble admitting to myself that it's hard to fish in cold water.

Posted Mon Apr 01, 2013 6:52 am

i had to fish so slowly it was painful. even reaction bites with the crankbait.

Posted Mon Apr 01, 2013 7:00 am

samf

i had to fish so slowly it was painful. even reaction bites with the crankbait.

I'm sure I'm fishing too fast. Especially the cranks

Posted Mon Apr 01, 2013 7:03 am

The two I hooked into yesterday were on square bill cranks and retrieved veeeeery slow.

Posted Mon Apr 01, 2013 1:46 pm

Try a jig a jerkbait and anything you can stand to work slow.tube,grubs,weedless swimbaits.I won't tell you where to look,you'll have to read your bassmaster mags.Work at it and you'll find the knowledge grasshopper.POWDER BLUE NINJA,HAHAHAHA.

Posted Mon Apr 01, 2013 2:53 pm

I've been throwing the jig and a craw a lot and I feel like I'm fishing them slow enough. I've been doing what you said and taking like 2 minutes to reel in. If anybody is due it's me

Posted Mon Apr 01, 2013 3:07 pm

i've been catching them mostly on square bill crankbaits barely turning the reel handle. once it hits something, i kill it and let it rise slowly. that's when they've been hitting it.

also been dragging jigs / craw very slowly. that bite is gone for me early. seems like it's too big a profile for them eventually when i've been out.

had a nice fish on a LC jerkbait after letting it sit for 20 seconds. it ended up being a pickerel and bit the thing right off at the boat. there goes $15.

Posted Mon Apr 01, 2013 3:12 pm

Thanks for the info Sam. Sorry about the jerk bait. I hate pickerel for that reason alone

Posted Mon Apr 01, 2013 3:45 pm

It's just a matter of time Shawn. This time of year is not for everyone just give it time and the bites will come. I just pulled my boat out Saturday and you have 25 hours in.... Have a great season and don't listen to Stratos the only curse is in you mind.

Posted Mon Apr 01, 2013 6:13 pm

The funny thing is I haven't really got frustrated. I know what's going on. I know it's a tough time. I just thought I was ready for the cold water. I really need to just chill and really slow down...really sloooooooooowww

Posted Mon Apr 01, 2013 7:29 pm

it's harder than it seems. even for someone that doesn't mind fishing really slowly. not going to lie, i caved and put the old senko on sunday...

Posted Mon Apr 01, 2013 8:47 pm

Shawn, I'm having the same challenge brother.

Posted Mon Apr 01, 2013 8:52 pm

I got like a2lber today well yesterday on a lipless crank just moving it enough to give it action and lost two on a jerkbait

Posted Tue Apr 02, 2013 2:04 am

samf

it's harder than it seems. even for someone that doesn't mind fishing really slowly. not going to lie, i caved and put the old senko on sunday...

Where's Stratos?

Posted Tue Apr 02, 2013 5:32 am

bloomagoo

Shawn, I'm having the same challenge brother.

Nothing wrong with a Senko Sam. Lots of guy's think their to good to throw one but under tough conditions they have won a ton of $$$$.

Posted Tue Apr 02, 2013 5:42 am

MA Fish Finder

Social Links