dude, have you heard (CPR) Catch, photo, released bass so you can have fiberglass mount? I have done with my 9.5 pound bass in NH. It is cool. no kill is required. Only you need to give taxidermist a couple of photos and tell him about fish size and girth. so, he can work it out for you. So, you win on both side. No fish get killed and you get lifetime mount that everyone are jealous for you.

Posted Wed Jan 09, 2013 8:07 pm

deaffisherman

dude, have you heard (CPR) Catch, photo, released bass so you can have fiberglass mount? I have done with my 9.5 pound bass in NH. It is cool. no kill is required. Only you need to give taxidermist a couple of photos and tell him about fish size and girth. so, he can work it out for you. So, you win on both side. No fish get killed and you get lifetime mount that everyone are jealous for you.

yeah ive headr of it, thats what those guys did a few years back when they cought and released a new world record tiger musky it was controversial cause they released it alive from the boat so it was never brought to an official weigh station but they had plenty of picture proof and measurements to prove it was indeed a new world record but anyways they did the same thing, gave the taxidermist the length and girth measurrements along with a bunch of photos and had a reproduction made. it came out awsome and the fish is a true giant. there is a vid on youtube about it if you havent seen it

Posted Wed Jan 09, 2013 8:12 pm

there you go, that's the way to do it. gotta release them, especially up in this region.

Posted Wed Jan 09, 2013 8:13 pm

9 times out of 10 when i go fishing I have my cooler livewell with me "just n case" If you do this and you do happen to catch a monster, you can bring it to a certified scale, have it weighed and cocumented and then bring it back and release it

Posted Wed Jan 09, 2013 9:23 pm

yeah, if you caught record fish, there is nothing that you can do from there. You can bring certificate weight to get record or release it to lose your record.

stratos1966 - Your idea is good but if you are lucky that environment police didn't caught you doing this. I got busted once in New York. They blamed me as transporting the fish. (I dont know if this rule applies to Massachusetts.) But I'm just saying, be careful what you are doing with it.

Posted Wed Jan 09, 2013 9:58 pm

deaffisherman

yeah, if you caught record fish, there is nothing that you can do from there. You can bring certificate weight to get record or release it to lose your record.

stratos1966 - Your idea is good but if you are lucky that environment police didn't caught you doing this. I got busted once in New York. They blamed me as transporting the fish. (I dont know if this rule applies to Massachusetts.) But I'm just saying, be careful what you are doing with it.

If this is considered illegal transporting then how are you supposed to get a record fish to a weigh station to begin with?

Posted Wed Jan 09, 2013 10:13 pm

I'm sorry that i didn't explain it clearly.

I meant this,

If you decided to bring weight station for get record. You cannot bring bass back into water. Since police will think you are transport bass from another lake. Even if you didn't do that or you did. Police don't care about it and give you ticket for it. All of this problem will happen after you put bass in weight station.

Posted Wed Jan 09, 2013 11:34 pm

deaffisherman

I'm sorry that i didn't explain it clearly.

I meant this,

If you decided to bring weight station for get record. You cannot bring bass back into water. Since police will think you are transport bass from another lake. Even if you didn't do that or you did. Police don't care about it and give you ticket for it. All of this problem will happen after you put bass in weight station.

Gotcha! So my next question is wtf are u expected to do with your record fish after its weighed and confirmed if u aren't supposed to release it were u cought it? Kill it?!?!

Posted Wed Jan 09, 2013 11:51 pm

I think for a "record" fish, the State gets to take it from you for a certain time. I dont think its possible to release a record fish in Mass. I could be wrong but I at least know any old certified shop can NOT declare a record.

from the mass gov site ........

Record Breaking Catch?

Anglers who believe they have broken a state record must present their fish in its entirety (whole) to qualified fisheries personnel at MassWildlife Field Headquarters in Westborough or at any of the five MassWildlife District offices.

Posted Thu Jan 10, 2013 12:12 am

kman

I think for a "record" fish, the State gets to take it from you for a certain time. I dont think its possible to release a record fish in Mass. I could be wrong but I at least know any old certified shop can NOT declare a record.

I understand that the state has to actually certify it but I wonder what hapoens to the fish afterwards. That story I mentioned about the new record tiger musky the guy said the igfa wouldn't acknowledge it as a record cause it was catch and release and the guy said he released it cause to certify the world record they hace to kill the fish. If this is also the case with a state record then if I'm ever lucky enough to bag one looks like it will be unnoficial cause id rather just get video and pictures of it on a scale and release it rather than kill the poor fish. Pretty fucked up if you ask me

Posted Thu Jan 10, 2013 12:18 am

I really dont know if it can be released. I know its come up before and lots of guys have that same attitude, that they would rather no record, if it cant be released.

I would think a record fish would be in its final years most likely to even get that big. Its never a decision I will have to make anyway. I have released all my pin bass, never needed some pin to say I caught a 7.

Posted Thu Jan 10, 2013 12:31 am

kman

I have released all my pin bass, never needed some pin to say I caught a 7.

Good man Very Happy. I'm no tree hugger hell I was a meat cutter for 6 years lol but imo a life is worth more than a plaque

Posted Thu Jan 10, 2013 12:36 am

Yeah, man. If anything doubting. Ask someone or ask Environment police about this situation.

I don't want to cause any point out about this situation but I think that meatballs did released his bass back into water after weight in? There are video of it and pictures. Don't he get into any trouble? If not then I supposed, it should be okay. But I got to admit that I would done same thing as he did with his bass! Both of them (meatballs and his bass deserved to win both side.) He caught it and got it on record book for pin fish. And that bass won by released alive until dying due old age.

p.s. if someone felt like this is cause any problem or something. Let me know, I can delete this post.

Posted Thu Jan 10, 2013 12:43 am

No need to delete the post.

This is a legit question that comes up from time to time and it will do so again in the near future. Whatever a person decides to do if they are ever in that situation is up to them. To each their own.

Nice responses! Cool

Posted Thu Jan 10, 2013 3:37 am

deaffisherman

Yeah, man. If anything doubting. Ask someone or ask Environment police about this situation.

I don't want to cause any point out about this situation but I think that meatballs did released his bass back into water after weight in? There are video of it and pictures. Don't he get into any trouble? If not then I supposed, it should be okay. But I got to admit that I would done same thing as he did with his bass! Both of them (meatballs and his bass deserved to win both side.) He caught it and got it on record book for pin fish. And that bass won by released alive until dying due old age.

p.s. if someone felt like this is cause any problem or something. Let me know, I can delete this post.

I'm friends with an avid "big fish" fisherman. He has certified several bass in the way I described. He is a true sportsman. I am going to ask him the question about transporting a fish to a weigh station and then back. It's good information to have.

Posted Thu Jan 10, 2013 9:03 am

MA Fish Finder

Social Links