You see all those white things cluttering the area where the land meets the water?? well those are the rocks you will have to carry your boat over if you plan on using the cartopper launch, they are all roughly the size of 55 gallon drums, PLEASE BE CAREFUL they are extremely slippery when wet, (found that out the hard way) I say launch quick from the ramp , select a few guy to shuttle people to price choppers to park, load the guys in the back of the pick up and come back, or everyone park in the lot like we did last year

Posted Fri Sep 21, 2012 3:32 pm

scottws616

khaskins

Hmmmmm,It must be nice to be able to go pre fish all these ponds and lakes.I think it should be outlawed.The more pressure you put on these fisheries the less action we will see in our tourneys.It's ok to scout around and check things out but not everybody has the time to even do that.If you must go and prefish keep it to yourself I don't want to know about it.This is not the bassmasters and we are not on the lake for three days.If we stay away from prefishing it will give everyone a fair chance to figure it out on their own.One day and one day only.What does everyone think?Let me know.

I agree with the keeping it to yourself part, but saying not to prefish a lake isn't really fair. I have not prefished one tourney yet because like you I'm not able due to lack of time. If I could I would, but I think maff guys should stay off that lake on the weekend of the tourney to help prevent slow days, but a week or two before.. No big deal. With such a competitive sport every edge counts and as we all know prefishing doesn't always get you in the money or cause a slow day! I hope I am able to prefish some tourneys in the furture but I would absolutely agree to not fish within two days of the event.

the photo of my son fishing on north pond was almost a month ago, posted on 8/26 in my profile,, i agree about not pre fishing the week before, i think every fish i hook pre fishing ,is one less for me in the tournament, i have never pre fished, ever, north pond is 15 mins from my house and i grew up fishing this pond , i fish it at least 15-20 times in a year, how would you control pre fishing for an example: someone belongs to another club and has to fish both sat and sun the same weekend on the same lake , like what happened at lake wallum 2 weeks ago to a couple of our members? would they have to choose? i also feel bad for them , to fish an awfull lake 2 days in a row for 2 different clubs! not for me.

Posted Fri Sep 21, 2012 3:33 pm

sinista

johnnybag-a-bass

yeah what he said, and where is the weigh in so I can come say hello, and dish out some stickers, lol

actually i'm meeting Rob, he's buying my Quantum Smoke baitcaster, the spinning reel is still for sale hint hint!

Good question Rob informed me there is a sign on the beach that says NO BEACHING OF BOATS OR JETSKI's I was there last weekend and didnt see it (wasnt looking for it either) thats gonna make things a little difficult should a nosey neighbor see 15 boats beached it may draw a little attention

Last year we were kinda to the left of the beach (right if you're looking at it from the water) if I remember correctly. It didn't seem to be a problem. I have a friend who is a Hopkinton Police Officer. I asked him last year and he said we'd be fine then (and were). I can check in with him again and see if it's cool still. I'm sure it is, especially since it's off season really.

Posted Fri Sep 21, 2012 3:35 pm

when I was there last week the lot was even 1/4th full when i left at 12. i dont think it will be a big problem

Posted Fri Sep 21, 2012 3:36 pm

I think last year, North pond tourney was on some Holiday? Thats why parking was no issue.

Posted Fri Sep 21, 2012 3:37 pm

pocketfisherman

sinista

johnnybag-a-bass

yeah what he said, and where is the weigh in so I can come say hello, and dish out some stickers, lol

actually i'm meeting Rob, he's buying my Quantum Smoke baitcaster, the spinning reel is still for sale hint hint!

Good question Rob informed me there is a sign on the beach that says NO BEACHING OF BOATS OR JETSKI's I was there last weekend and didnt see it (wasnt looking for it either) thats gonna make things a little difficult should a nosey neighbor see 15 boats beached it may draw a little attention

Last year we were kinda to the left of the beach (right if you're looking at it from the water) if I remember correctly. It didn't seem to be a problem. I have a friend who is a Hopkinton Police Officer. I asked him last year and he said we'd be fine then (and were). I can check in with him again and see if it's cool still. I'm sure it is, especially since it's off season really.

DING DING DING DING DING!!! AND WE HAVE A WINNER !! YOU MY FRIEND ARE THE WINNER OF THE "BEST COMMENT I HAVE HEARD THUS FAR"

THANKS BUD THAT WOULD REALLY HELP!!!

Posted Fri Sep 21, 2012 3:38 pm

kman

I think last year, North pond tourney was on some Holiday? Thats why parking was no issue.

It's MAFF day! What better holiday than that?

Posted Fri Sep 21, 2012 3:39 pm

sinista

pocketfisherman

sinista

johnnybag-a-bass

DING DING DING DING DING!!! AND WE HAVE A WINNER !! YOU MY FRIEND ARE THE WINNER OF THE "BEST COMMENT I HAVE HEARD THUS FAR"

THANKS BUD THAT WOULD REALLY HELP!!!

yes you are correct neil, the best, call!!!! call!!! please!

Posted Fri Sep 21, 2012 3:41 pm

khaskins

Hmmmmm,It must be nice to be able to go pre fish all these ponds and lakes.I think it should be outlawed.The more pressure you put on these fisheries the less action we will see in our tourneys.It's ok to scout around and check things out but not everybody has the time to even do that.If you must go and prefish keep it to yourself I don't want to know about it.This is not the bassmasters and we are not on the lake for three days.If we stay away from prefishing it will give everyone a fair chance to figure it out on their own.One day and one day only.What does everyone think?Let me know.

Kenny, you told me you and Scotty fish every Sunday. You should have prefished last Sunday. You had the ability. You choose not to. there is not one tournament trail tht I know of that outlaws prefishing.

Question: We have a tournament on Billington sea Aug. 10th next year. If I go there at the end of July am I breaking your rule? How about June? May?

If you have this rule how are you going to enforce it? is it going to be your job to drive by all the ramps on our schedule every single day and write down plates?

You want to put a place off limits the Friday before the tourney so that no one is foolish enough to go out there the day before and sting fish??? Ok but the week before???

Posted Fri Sep 21, 2012 3:41 pm

So three max? I might gamble on this one

Posted Fri Sep 21, 2012 3:45 pm

stratos1966

khaskins

Kenny, you told me you and Scotty fish every Sunday. You should have prefished last Sunday. You had the ability. You choose not to. there is not one tournament trail tht I know of that outlaws prefishing.

Question: We have a tournament on Billington sea Aug. 10th next year. If I go there at the end of July am I breaking your rule? How about June? May?

If you have this rule how are you going to enforce it? is it going to be your job to drive by all the ramps on our schedule every single day and write down plates?

You want to put a place off limits the Friday before the tourney so that no one is foolish enough to go out there the day before and sting fish??? Ok but the week before???

i don't always pre fish , but when i do, i sting fish in spots that i don't fish!!!! stay fishing my friends,stay fishing my friends.lol.

Posted Fri Sep 21, 2012 3:46 pm

Its impossible to enforce. I would just hope guys dont prefish on a Saturday.

Posted Fri Sep 21, 2012 3:48 pm

I'm going to park in the public ramp.....if they want to ticket me then so be it!

Posted Fri Sep 21, 2012 5:28 pm

Pure arrogance! Lol

Posted Fri Sep 21, 2012 5:37 pm

neil, didn't you pre-fish the nashua river last year the day before the tournament? lol

Posted Fri Sep 21, 2012 5:47 pm

MA Fish Finder

Social Links