If anyone abosululty has to launch at the town ramp I can proivde a parking spot as long as it doesn't have a trailer, I have family that I'd the next house up from the ramp. I'll see what the fam is doing for the day and maybe can provide a spot for a trailer

Posted Wed Sep 19, 2012 11:13 pm

biggz53

If anyone abosululty has to launch at the town ramp I can proivde a parking spot as long as it doesn't have a trailer, I have family that I'd the next house up from the ramp. I'll see what the fam is doing for the day and maybe can provide a spot for a trailer

Ill take that spot, even if it means disconnecting my trailer and sticking as much of it in the bed of my truck as possible

Posted Fri Sep 21, 2012 9:41 am

Neil I'll be there early with a pick up and a topper.. I don't want to car pool so what is the address to where I should be to load and park?

Posted Fri Sep 21, 2012 1:25 pm

yeah what he said, and where is the weigh in so I can come say hello, and dish out some stickers, lol

actually i'm meeting Rob, he's buying my Quantum Smoke baitcaster, the spinning reel is still for sale hint hint!

Posted Fri Sep 21, 2012 1:33 pm

Is it Sunday yet? Go Fish

Posted Fri Sep 21, 2012 2:27 pm

its the "ringrers" turn, lol... photo a few weeks ago.... north pond smallmouth....

Posted Fri Sep 21, 2012 2:31 pm

scottws616

Neil I'll be there early with a pick up and a topper.. I don't want to car pool so what is the address to where I should be to load and park?

THERE ARE TWO LOCATIONS TO LAUNCH FROM, GUYS TRAILERING IN (LIKE ME) WILL ONLY BE ABLE TO USE THE TOWN RAMP LOCATED ON HAYWARD ST IN HOPKINGTON (IT REQUIRES A RESIDENT STICKER SO YOU SHOULD BE IN AND OUT) YOU WILL ALSO HAVE TO BE SHUTTLED TO THE PRICE CHOPPERS PARKING LOT A HALF MILE DOWN THE ROAD TO PARK YOUR VEHICLE.

ALL OTHER CARTOPPERS WISHING TO USE THE CARTOPPER ACCESS LOCATED ON WEST MAIN ST CAN DO SO.

Posted Fri Sep 21, 2012 2:49 pm

Hmmmmm,It must be nice to be able to go pre fish all these ponds and lakes.I think it should be outlawed.The more pressure you put on these fisheries the less action we will see in our tourneys.It's ok to scout around and check things out but not everybody has the time to even do that.If you must go and prefish keep it to yourself I don't want to know about it.This is not the bassmasters and we are not on the lake for three days.If we stay away from prefishing it will give everyone a fair chance to figure it out on their own.One day and one day only.What does everyone think?Let me know.

Posted Fri Sep 21, 2012 2:51 pm

johnnybag-a-bass

yeah what he said, and where is the weigh in so I can come say hello, and dish out some stickers, lol

actually i'm meeting Rob, he's buying my Quantum Smoke baitcaster, the spinning reel is still for sale hint hint!

Good question Rob informed me there is a sign on the beach that says NO BEACHING OF BOATS OR JETSKI's I was there last weekend and didnt see it (wasnt looking for it either) thats gonna make things a little difficult should a nosey neighbor see 15 boats beached it may draw a little attention

Posted Fri Sep 21, 2012 2:55 pm

stratos1966

khaskins

stratos1966

Ken, for fun next year we should pick a day when there is no tourney going on and pick a lake. We will let MAFF choose what baits we can and cannot throw that day. Loser buys the winner a coffee!!! Whatever you do, DO NOT let me throw a carolina rig. Laughing

We can throw a list of baits in a hat and what you ddraw is what you use.Two draws per person,2 people per boat makes four options to be used for the day.Sounds like a good time to me.Tackle boxes stay in the truck except what you need to replenish that draw and also utensils like scissors hookouts,pliers and that kind of stuff.

I llike it!!! You can even pick the lake!!! BTW I eat lunch at Davio's

I don't think we will fishing anywhere near Foxboro.British beer co.Great herring pond?

Posted Fri Sep 21, 2012 2:55 pm

Thats where we weighed in last year and had no problem.Option 2 weigh on the water.lol.It is late september and it will be a chance of showers,I don't think anybody will be around there anyway.When we pull in make a decision then.

Posted Fri Sep 21, 2012 3:06 pm

Does neone know what the consequence is for parking at the town ramp? Last year we all parked there with no action taken. If its a small price I don't care ill just park there, how many boats are being trailered anyway?

Posted Fri Sep 21, 2012 3:14 pm

khaskins

Hmmmmm,It must be nice to be able to go pre fish all these ponds and lakes.I think it should be outlawed.The more pressure you put on these fisheries the less action we will see in our tourneys.It's ok to scout around and check things out but not everybody has the time to even do that.If you must go and prefish keep it to yourself I don't want to know about it.This is not the bassmasters and we are not on the lake for three days.If we stay away from prefishing it will give everyone a fair chance to figure it out on their own.One day and one day only.What does everyone think?Let me know.

I agree with the keeping it to yourself part, but saying not to prefish a lake isn't really fair. I have not prefished one tourney yet because like you I'm not able due to lack of time. If I could I would, but I think maff guys should stay off that lake on the weekend of the tourney to help prevent slow days, but a week or two before.. No big deal. With such a competitive sport every edge counts and as we all know prefishing doesn't always get you in the money or cause a slow day! I hope I am able to prefish some tourneys in the furture but I would absolutely agree to not fish within two days of the event.

Posted Fri Sep 21, 2012 3:18 pm

khaskins

I prefished it 8 days ago, and would never fish any sooner then a week before, besides that there have probablly been 10plus people who have fished it since then including more who will probablly be fishing it the day before we get there, If this were a private lake only we fished I could see your point but its a public place that gets pounded by the rest of the population as well the 5 fish I caught 8 days ago will not affect the outcome of this event

Posted Fri Sep 21, 2012 3:20 pm

chevin37

Does neone know what the consequence is for parking at the town ramp? Last year we all parked there with no action taken. If its a small price I don't care ill just park there, how many boats are being trailered anyway?

I think just me and you? unless bever fever trailers in...

Posted Fri Sep 21, 2012 3:24 pm

MA Fish Finder

Social Links