Has anyone ever gone to the Fishing Expo @ DCU center?
This year its Feb 10-12th. Its $10 to get in the door, I think $8 for kids?

Just wondering if its worth the trip & money?

Dan, (bangbang) if I come out to Worcester for the expo. Like to pick up some jigs from you too.

Posted Mon Dec 19, 2011 3:07 pm

The show is ok. Dont expect to get any deals on any tackle there. Its cool to crawl around all the new boats too.

Let me know if you head out there we can meet up.

Posted Mon Dec 19, 2011 3:12 pm

Dan nailed his response.
I used to go to Dcu or eastern states thinking i might get a deal. Odds are you will not. But it is a decent time and they offer a few professional fisherman exhibiting their techniques thru-out the weekend. My kids enjoy Brody the bear,archery and the archeological digging. When i was a b.a.s.s club member i worked the casting kids competition witch is also fun for kids. I browse quickly and say hi to a couple vendors i know and check out the boats but I'd say it's a 2hr activity. Not great but something to do.

Posted Mon Dec 19, 2011 5:36 pm

I've been going to that show for a long time now and I do enjoy walking around and checking things out but seems to have gone down in size the last few years. It is a good way to spend a cold winter day in February.

- tate

Posted Mon Dec 19, 2011 5:38 pm

Same here i go every year and walk around have a beer, and head out. i save on my paul e worms and a few other things, but i think it's the same year after year.
I agree let's meet for a beer! so what if it's 10:00 a.m hahahaha

Posted Tue Dec 20, 2011 7:48 am

OK...here we go...IT SHOULD BE ---------->MAFF EXPO....
NOT MassExpo...ya see how EASY things would be if you'd all "SUBMIT TO THE DARKSIDE LUKE"... Our first vendor would CLEARLY be BeaverFeverBaits(who'll build their own booth by the way) hahahah and I hear Johnny Bags pours some stuff...and I'm VERY SURE there are other fellas making some fishing gear related stuff as well...Jay Wallz and so on....what I'm gettin at is each year we could have OUR OWN little version...MAFFEXPO'12™® 'tell ya guys...I THINK BIG ---mainly 'cause I'm small hahahahahaa

Posted Tue Dec 20, 2011 9:43 am

my outtake save all your cash that you would have spent their on high purchases and parking fees, and go to bass pro!!
shop and grab a drink and some chickin wings!!!!!!!

Posted Wed Dec 21, 2011 11:45 am

[quote="markdegrenier"]my outtake save all your cash that you would have spent their on high purchases and parking fees, and go to bass pro!!shop and grab a drink and some chickin wings!!!!!!![/quot

Mmmmmmmmmmchicken wings lalalalalalaa-----Homer Simpson style

Posted Wed Dec 21, 2011 12:36 pm

AHHH, finally gettin to xmas shopping. Heading to Bass Pro tonight! You guys are right on with diner and yea, everyone gets camo slippers.

YEA BUDDY!

Posted Wed Dec 21, 2011 12:51 pm

markdegrenier

my outtake save all your cash that you would have spent their on high purchases and parking fees, and go to bass pro!!
shop and grab a drink and some chickin wings!!!!!!!

Yep, that's what I did last year!

Posted Wed Dec 21, 2011 3:40 pm

If the retailers are smart, they will have a LARGE assortment of non lead products on hand Exclamation Laughing

Posted Wed Dec 21, 2011 4:02 pm

i agree maff expo rent a hall everybody gets together,drink some beer eat some food,set up some music.red solo cup let's have a party.

Posted Wed Dec 21, 2011 4:28 pm

Yea right...I'm sure they will...just like tackle boxes will no longer have lead contents in Mass in 2012...retailers would only "play ball" if it were a 50 state mandate...one would think...DCU killed my Centrum !hahahaha screw them ...I worked at the centrum for years...DCU comes ...B-BYE old staff...NEVER EVER been in the building since it's been DCU...free gold nuggets might entice me...thats my limit...

don51

If the retailers are smart, they will have a LARGE assortment of non lead products on hand Exclamation Laughing

Posted Wed Dec 21, 2011 6:21 pm

I'M WITH MARK ON THIS ONE SAVE YOUR LOOT FOR BASS PRO SHOPS!!BETTER STUFF TO LOOK AT AND MUCH BETTER BAITS 100 PERCENT.I BEEN THERE ONCE BUT IT'S LIKE THEY DO IT MORE FOR SALT THEN FRESHWATER!!!

BASS PRO!!!!!

Posted Wed Dec 21, 2011 9:06 pm

khaskins

i agree maff expo rent a hall everybody gets together,drink some beer eat some food,set up some music.red solo cup let's have a party.

I have attended something like this for an ice fishing site i visit. The guys there are just like maffers except we share more info. haha.
End of the year gathering at a hall with dinner and conversation maybe raffles?.
River-rat should host/entertain us! lol
I'd find a hall but you guys would be haulin to get out here.

Posted Thu Dec 22, 2011 10:03 am

MA Fish Finder

Social Links