My personal favorite is Gulp sinking minnows. I just wanted to see what others favorites are.

Posted Mon May 13, 2013 3:20 pm

I mostly fish for lmb and seem to have the best luck with the classic gary yamamoto 5 inch senkos. My favorite colors are pumpkinseed and green pumpkin. Im also a fan of skeet reeses pit boss craws when bass are spawning

Posted Mon May 13, 2013 3:38 pm

When I use them, which is rarely, I use watermelon colored senko knock-offs such as BassPro or Zoom. I do frequently use 4" Zoom grubs.

Posted Mon May 13, 2013 4:09 pm

If and when i use a sinking worm its a yamamoto senko and Reaction innovations soft plastics like sweet beaver and skinny dippers.
Black,Black Blue & green pumpkin 98% time and a couple odd colors remaining 2%.

Posted Mon May 13, 2013 5:36 pm

i absolutely love softies! my favorites are probably 4" yum dingers, i get far more bites on the 4" vs the 5" and ive cought just as many big bass on 4" as 5. i hate anything made by yamamoto simply because they are not durable at all and expensive and the yamasenkos sink too fast in my opinion. i also love the rage tail family of soft plastics in particular the rage craw and smokin rooster and my third fav soft plastic is a strike king shadalicious 5.5" swimbait.

Posted Mon May 13, 2013 6:08 pm

bassinbrooksy

i absolutely love softies! my favorites are probably 4" yum dingers, i get far more bites on the 4" vs the 5" and ive cought just as many big bass on 4" as 5. i hate anything made by yamamoto simply because they are not durable at all and expensive and the yamasenkos sink too fast in my opinion. i also love the rage tail family of soft plastics in particular the rage craw and smokin rooster and my third fav soft plastic is a strike king shadalicious 5.5" swimbait.

Yamamotos are not durable 100%correct Cool

Posted Mon May 13, 2013 6:13 pm

jwall046

bassinbrooksy

lol! i used to love em until i discovered yum dingers and now ill never go back! i average 6 or more fish per dinger vs the 2 to 3 fish i used to get on yamamotos and they would also get very water logged real quick so even if u werent catching fish they would be junk cause they would soak up water and get too soft and fall apart. they do have a nice enticing wiggle though because they are so soft but for that price ill get double the amount of dingers Wink

Posted Mon May 13, 2013 6:21 pm

bassinbrooksy

jwall046

bassinbrooksy

lol! i used to love em until i discovered yum dingers and now ill never go back! i average 6 or more fish per dinger vs the 2 to 3 fish i used to get on yamamotos and they would also get very water logged real quick so even if u werent catching fish they would be junk cause they would soak up water and get too soft and fall apart. they do have a nice enticing wiggle though because they are so soft but for that price ill get double the amount of dingers Wink

do you think yum dingers are worth it. I still do fish yamamotos and have noticed that they are somewhat flimsy. they work for me but I want to use a senko that lasts longer if possible

Posted Mon May 13, 2013 6:27 pm

For me, Powerbait worms are where it's at. I don't fish plastics much at all because I usually fish water with plants on the bottom, but a nice pumpkinseed worm with a chartreuse tail will draw strikes for me. Grubs are a very close second though, especially this time of year, they're just so versatile.

Posted Mon May 13, 2013 6:29 pm

Anyone have any thoughts on zoom toads...
Question

Posted Mon May 13, 2013 7:02 pm

most of you probably havent used them but draginbaits makes some amazing plastics they are pretty durable and im lucky enough to be sponsored by them. check out some of their baits at draginbaits.com thanks guys

Posted Mon May 13, 2013 7:06 pm

ZOOM GRASS CRAW,LITTLE CRITTER CRAW,BIG CRITTER CRAW,ROAD KILL CRAW,AND THERE 6"AND 9" LIZARDS
GREEN PUMPKIN MOSTLY TIP THE CRAWS WITH DIFFERENT
COLOR MARKERS TO MATCH PONDS NATURAL COLOR.
BEEN USING SENKOS 2ND SEASON FROM EBAY SELLERS NOT BAD
MUCH MORE DURABLE THEN YAKAMOTO REALLY NOT SURE THE BEST WAY TO RIG EM THOUGH WACKY OR OFFSET HOOK WEIGHT OR NO WEIGHT ANY TIPS OUT THERE THANKS

Posted Mon May 13, 2013 8:44 pm

Can't beat the yum dingers defiantly my go to and only 3 bucks a pack

Posted Mon May 13, 2013 8:51 pm

mrsdano

Anyone have any thoughts on zoom toads...
Question

not a fan of horny toads , unlike most other zoom products they dont hold up very well and i dont think the feet give enough action to really make a disturbance. if a good soft buzz frog is what you are looking for give strike kind rage toads a try, you have to rig them just right or they will flip over on the retrieve but they are fairly durable, have strike kings coffe scent which supposedly fish love but i think more than anything it does a good job at masking human scent, and the feet are the propietery strike king rage tails which create a crazy churning disturbance on the water. in my opinion they are far superior to zoom horny toads but many people swear by horny toads so maybe its just personal preferance

Posted Mon May 13, 2013 10:13 pm

ttroy95

bassinbrooksy

jwall046

bassinbrooksy

do you think yum dingers are worth it. I still do fish yamamotos and have noticed that they are somewhat flimsy. they work for me but I want to use a senko that lasts longer if possible

at 4 dollars for either a 12 pack of 5" or a 13 pack of 4" how can you go wrong? yes in my opinion they are much better than yamamoto senkos and they also have a nice little hook recess molded in for texas rigging so you dont have to skin hook it.also a great alternative that i frequently buy are strike king shim-e-sticks which is just their version of the senko , they have anise scent and hold up very well and are also very cheap at 2.50 for a 7 pack. so those sre your best options if you are looking for cheap price,durability and proven fish catchers. also for anyone interested ive been using 4" paul-e worms that i bought from barrys bait in shrewsbury and they are actually great! its a small company based out of RI. and are a senko knock off with a yum dingrer style hook slot molded in and they are anise scented and very durable, i think i paid 4 dollars for a 13 pack of 4" so they are same price as yum but if you see them in your local bait shop they are just as tuff and good as the dingers and how can you not support a local company?

Posted Mon May 13, 2013 10:21 pm

MA Fish Finder

Social Links