Im just making sure i def have the boat on this weekend and i will let you know asap

Posted Sun Jul 29, 2012 1:11 pm

You should allow singles for $35, especially if it gets close to the date and there are still several spots left.

Posted Sun Jul 29, 2012 2:20 pm

THIS IS THE SAME FORMAT AS M.A.F.F.IF YOU DON'T WANT TO PAY THE $50.00 AS A SINGLE THEN FIND A PARTNER TO SPLIT THE FEE.YOU CAN SEARCH FOR SOMEONE ON M.A.F.F. TO FISH WITH YOU.

Posted Sun Jul 29, 2012 3:13 pm

Ken, check your messages

Posted Sun Jul 29, 2012 3:25 pm

khaskins

THIS IS THE SAME FORMAT AS M.A.F.F.IF YOU DON'T WANT TO PAY THE $50.00 AS A SINGLE THEN FIND A PARTNER TO SPLIT THE FEE.YOU CAN SEARCH FOR SOMEONE ON M.A.F.F. TO FISH WITH YOU.

You think I don't know I can search for a partner on the site? I know that I can search for someone on the site, but I personally would prefer to fish the toppers solo. Between the live well cooler, rods, lunch box, batteries etc, its just nice to be solo in the row boat (yes, I have a true topper!).

I fished an "off schedule" tourney last year as a single and paid $25...I think its fair to have to kick a little more as a single, but not $50. If you end up with 6 boats for this event, you wouldnt allow singles in for $35? Sure, a sinlge wins more $$, but they are also 1 rod in the water verse 2. Instead of 2 guys narrowing down what they're hitting on, its 1 guy working on it. So there are plus' on both ends.

Also, this is an off schedule tourney, so Im still trying to figure out why restrict the boats? Topper only? These days, topper only tourney are the most lopsided tourneys we fish! Im there in my aluminum row boat, while guys are trailering their 14' deck with 2 trollers and a $900 fishfinder! The only difference between some of the "toppers" and my Skeeter is the engine.

Posted Sun Jul 29, 2012 4:19 pm

And awaaaaaay we go!

Posted Sun Jul 29, 2012 5:43 pm

pocketfisherman

And awaaaaaay we go!

LMAO!!!!!

I fished a topper solo. Paid 50 and won 150

Posted Sun Jul 29, 2012 6:46 pm

Pound town is in

Posted Sun Jul 29, 2012 6:53 pm

tholdah

khaskins

You think I don't know I can search for a partner on the site? I know that I can search for someone on the site, but I personally would prefer to fish the toppers solo. Between the live well cooler, rods, lunch box, batteries etc, its just nice to be solo in the row boat (yes, I have a true topper!).

I fished an "off schedule" tourney last year as a single and paid $25...I think its fair to have to kick a little more as a single, but not $50. If you end up with 6 boats for this event, you wouldnt allow singles in for $35? Sure, a sinlge wins more $$, but they are also 1 rod in the water verse 2. Instead of 2 guys narrowing down what they're hitting on, its 1 guy working on it. So there are plus' on both ends.

Also, this is an off schedule tourney, so Im still trying to figure out why restrict the boats? Topper only? These days, topper only tourney are the most lopsided tourneys we fish! Im there in my aluminum row boat, while guys are trailering their 14' deck with 2 trollers and a $900 fishfinder! The only difference between some of the "toppers" and my Skeeter is the engine.

HEY! no talking sh*t about my boat it clearly says TOPPER in big letters right down the side!!n LMAO

Posted Sun Jul 29, 2012 6:57 pm

It is also my rediculius opinion that @ noon on Saturday before a tourney, if the field is not filled, it should be openned to singles for $35.

It seems tourneys are struggling to fill the spots...more regulation and restrictions should help! This being operated by the government?

Posted Sun Jul 29, 2012 6:57 pm

sinista

HEY! no talking sh*t about my boat it clearly says TOPPER in big letters right down the side!!n LMAO

That it does. He has us on a technicality, LOL! Very Happy

Posted Sun Jul 29, 2012 7:15 pm

oldah has some valid points but we have been down this rd a thousand times. The aircraft carriers in the cartoppers are here to stay. There have only been a few tourneys that had slow signups and not a full field.

Posted Sun Jul 29, 2012 7:18 pm

tholdah

khaskins

It's an $800 fishfinder BTW Laughing

Posted Sun Jul 29, 2012 8:24 pm

bassninja in

Posted Sun Jul 29, 2012 9:36 pm

tholdah

It seems tourneys are struggling to fill the spots...more regulation and restrictions should help! This being operated by the government?

I think the big boat tourneys may have some slow sign-ups at times, but the cartoppers usually fill up pretty good and fast and this would be a cartopper! Plus if there are still spaces left for this one by the next MAFF cartopper at the Upper Mystic Lakes (which filled up in about an hour), I'll bet they will be filled by that night's end!

Posted Sun Jul 29, 2012 9:51 pm

MA Fish Finder

Social Links