Something is wrong with your camera...I remember our catch being alot bigger!

Awesome day. Looking forward to the next event.

Posted Sun Jul 24, 2011 8:15 pm

Nice job Basstards. Great bag

Posted Sun Jul 24, 2011 9:09 pm

awesome job guys, congrats to all

Posted Mon Jul 25, 2011 5:02 am

jwall, how big was that fish? i don't think i've seen one that fat for its length before. congrats to everyone. this place holds some big fish. we had to scrap to put together a nice bag. we struggled all morning and finally got it together catching 3 fish within 10 minutes to hit our limit. i caught most of mine shallow in the thick stuff on the topwater frog believe it or not. cya at the next one hopefully.

Posted Mon Jul 25, 2011 7:41 am

Samf they both were 4.7 lbers according to smoke. I scrambled all day myself. I flipped and frogged. But i had 3 hits all day. 2 ended up in the boat. You guys had a good bag. That place must be awesome when it's on! Good luck at the next place.

Posted Mon Jul 25, 2011 8:28 am

jwall046

Samf they both were 4.7 lbers according to smoke. I scrambled all day myself. I flipped and frogged. But i had 3 hits all day. 2 ended up in the boat. You guys had a good bag. That place must be awesome when it's on! Good luck at the next place.

I couldn't believe how slow it was to start the day. Just nothing going on. For a place that looks *that* good, it was surprising that there weren't more fish up shallow. First half of the day Sam had 2 hits that he landed, I had a fish miss a frog in open water (...) and lost what felt like a good fish in the pads while pitching.

Second half of the day things got a lot better. We relocated and boated another 6 fish, and I lost one more good fish in thick cover. The change of scenery made all the difference We speculated that it was due to fresher water, but who knows. Could just be that the bite turned on.

Posted Mon Jul 25, 2011 8:51 am

I'm with ya Mike, that place had the look and i'm sure there are some absolute slobs in there.
but man was it slow, the three i caught were right around 10:30 within a ten minute span and then that was it, nothing the rest of the day. bass pro horny toad green pumpkin and smoke.
nice day though

Posted Mon Jul 25, 2011 9:16 am

Yeah, at least the weather cooperated by not throwing another sunny and calm day at us. It was a nice change of pace, and helped keep the pleasure boaters off the water most of the day.

Posted Mon Jul 25, 2011 10:33 am

Dam good bags..

I don't understand what were doing wrong. I mean s*** we tried everything we had everywhere with no luck at all. Weeds, trees, underwater dropoffs, and docks...... As a matter of fact the last couple weeks I have failed to produce anything decent.

Posted Mon Jul 25, 2011 7:03 pm

I know what you mean! I can't catch anything over 6" long. I'm starting to think some of you guys are dipping your junk in fish nip Smile It'll come around just keep fishin'

Posted Mon Jul 25, 2011 7:29 pm

listen me and Ed have been saying that for two seasons, it all looks good, thrown everything except the rods in the water (come close) lol

we even changed our team name to no-catchum, lol
so don't tell me.

it will change for the better it has too

Posted Mon Jul 25, 2011 7:31 pm

Def a tough day of fishiing for everyone. Liked the cloud coverage tho.. We spent more than half the day on the trolling motor. Big motor's not going forward or reverse. The last hour was a blast man. Fish were hittin!

Posted Mon Jul 25, 2011 7:49 pm

if it wasn't for the fact that I had a little slack in my line. My pole would of been lost. That went in the water to...

Posted Mon Jul 25, 2011 9:50 pm

if it wasn't for the fact that I had a little slack in my line. My pole would of been lost. That went in the water to...

Posted Mon Jul 25, 2011 9:53 pm

It was a tough day out there for Beaver Fever. Congrats to the Basstards that was one great bag! Nice job Cabin Fever and Landords for placing in the top 3.

Best of luck to everyone at manchuag pond seeya at Nashua River.

Posted Tue Jul 26, 2011 9:18 pm

MA Fish Finder

Social Links