The east side is my home lake, and my profile pic is of a 7.10 I pulled out pre-spawn this year. the tunnel to the east from the west isn't that far from the launch, so car toppers could get there fairly quickly. It is also a "town" lake, which means typically alot less boats/wakes etc.

Posted Thu Jul 21, 2011 5:52 pm

isn't it suppose to snow sunday??

Posted Thu Jul 21, 2011 8:14 pm

to what michealk said id only go over to the east side as a last resort and now that i think of it the west side is gonna be crazy busy so for cartoppers like me if your anywhere near the middle of the lake or near the boat ramp its def going to be wavy with all the non fishing boats buzzing around. but like i said doesnt matter to me good weather fishing and maybe a pay out is always a good day.

Posted Thu Jul 21, 2011 11:42 pm

creaturefiend

to what michealk said id only go over to the east side as a last resort and now that i think of it the west side is gonna be crazy busy so for cartoppers like me if your anywhere near the middle of the lake or near the boat ramp its def going to be wavy with all the non fishing boats buzzing around. but like i said doesnt matter to me good weather fishing and maybe a pay out is always a good day.

Speaking of which, the pleasure boaters have been killing me this month. I come home from a day on the water and I am sore from having to compensate for the wave action. I must be getting old!

Activate Plan Gamma: Fill up the parking lot to prevent pleasure boats from launching! Everyone bring their own car, no one car pools!

Posted Fri Jul 22, 2011 8:48 am

haha that would be sweet with the crazy heat i bet people are waiting for sunday when it cools down a bit to use all their boats! i just hope no ones gonna be going where im going Wink

Posted Fri Jul 22, 2011 9:21 am

If you want some good eats after the tourney, hit up BR's just north of the launch, it has some good "bar" style pizza....781-293-5606...(ps NO i do not work there, own it, or know anybody who has ever worked there, LOL, just local to the area and throwing it out there! Very Happy

Posted Fri Jul 22, 2011 3:30 pm

alright boys east monponsett is off limits!!!!! west only see ya sunday

Posted Fri Jul 22, 2011 4:45 pm

If there is one day I have ever hoped recreational boaters arn't going to be out, it will definetly be this sunday! I am going straight from a bachelor party into a early day of fishing. Gonna be a kickass 2 days.

Posted Sat Jul 23, 2011 3:14 am

Happy Hookers just returned from our Maine vacation fishing was good will post some pics later. unfortunately we lost our trolling motor. Does anyone have any experience with Barry s in Shrewsbury? or recommend another place?

Sorry for the short notice

Ed

Posted Sat Jul 23, 2011 1:11 pm

Barry is a good guy. I had him fix one of my TM's once. Repair was solid, never had that problem again. I think turnaround was like 4-5 days

Posted Sat Jul 23, 2011 4:36 pm

happyhooker

Happy Hookers just returned from our Maine vacation fishing was good will post some pics later. unfortunately we lost our trolling motor. Does anyone have any experience with Barry s in Shrewsbury? or recommend another place?

Sorry for the short notice

Ed

JIm Barry is an awesome guy. You won't be disappointed with the work this guy does! he is right next door to usa marine.

Posted Sat Jul 23, 2011 7:22 pm

Thanks guys, dropped the motor off to Barry yesterday, he seemed to think it wasn't a major problem under a $100 ?keeping my fingers crossed.

ED

Posted Sun Jul 24, 2011 11:49 am

CONGRATS TO THE WINNERS!!!

1.THE BASSTARDS ON THEIR 2ND VICTORY OF THE YEAR WITH A GREAT BAG AND LUNKER

2.CABIN FEVER CONTINUE ON THEIR WINNING WAYS

3.LANDLORDS DOING WHAT THEY DO BEST COLLECTING SOME RENT AS USUAL

RESULTS

7/24/11 WEST MONPONSETT/HALIFAX
CALM CLOUDY HIGH OF 82 DEGREES

1.BASSTARDS----------------------(5)-----------------15lb 11oz
2.CABIN FEVER---------------------(5)-----------------14lb 14oz
3.LANDLORDS----------------------(5)-----------------11lb 11oz

4.WHATS 4 LUNCH-----------------(2)-----------------8lb 14oz
5.BIGMOUTHS----------------------(5)-----------------8lb 2oz
6.HALO------------------------------(3)-----------------8lb EVEN
7.BOOM-----------------------------(5)-----------------7lb 3oz
8.SOUTHSHORE---------------------(4)-----------------4lb 15oz
9.HOLDAH---------------------------(2)-----------------4lb 8oz
10.BEAVER FEVER-------------------(2)-----------------4lb 4oz
11.NO-CATCHUM--------------------(3)-----------------3lb 11oz
12.SMOKECITY----------------------(3)-----------------3lb EVEN

13.RUSTY HOOKERS-----------------------------------NO WEIGHT

BASSTARDS---------------------LUNKER------------------5lb 3oz

Last edited by smokecity on Mon Jul 25, 2011 5:39 pm; edited 1 time in total

Posted Sun Jul 24, 2011 5:17 pm

happyhooker

Thanks guys, dropped the motor off to Barry yesterday, he seemed to think it wasn't a major problem under a $100 ?keeping my fingers crossed.

ED

JIm seems to be a great guy. I've always read phenominal things about him on-line. I have had hime do work on my boat and everything has been great,Except him having my boat for like 6 weeks, But he appologized imensly and made good on it while learning a new trick! He will now put electric fuel pumps in older boats from now on!

Posted Sun Jul 24, 2011 7:43 pm

Great trip guys! I didn't see that huge lump on my fish? I didn't stuff it.haha
Team smokecity thanx for the heads up on the way home. That hat woulda been gone!
NIce job teams! That place was tough but yet gave out a few good bags. I liked it!
Team W.F.L will be out of the next 2 tourny's. But i hope to be at Wallum. Good luck guys

Last edited by jwall046 on Sun Jul 24, 2011 8:47 pm; edited 1 time in total

Posted Sun Jul 24, 2011 7:52 pm

MA Fish Finder

Social Links