Car topper Tourney suggestions for 2013:

Oldham Pond, Pembroke
Chebacco Lake, Hamilton/Essex
Upper Mystic Lakes, Medford/Arlington
Manchaug Pond, Sutton
Webster Lake, Webster
Lake Nippenicket, Bridgewater
Norton Resevoir, Norton

Hoping to get my bigger boat this off season . Until then, car toppers are all I can suggest.

Posted Thu Sep 13, 2012 8:56 pm

Agree with chebacco. Hopefully we can get a few more closer to central mass. Not sure if I'm the only one out here. Don't mind the drive as I always do. But maybe we can have something to hit all the different regions of the state. Save maybe western Mass

Posted Thu Sep 13, 2012 9:18 pm

We dont have a horse in the race when it comes to cartoppers so I will not even go down that road other than it should go in the back of a truck or on top of your ride. Futher more why is everything always south?
#1 Concord River
#2 Nashua River
#3 Charles River out of Waltham
#4 BOONE
#5 Attatish
#6 Cochituate
#7 Long pond Dracut
#8 Webster
#9 Chebacco
#10 Mashpee
Thats my two cents

Posted Tue Sep 18, 2012 7:09 pm

Meatballs, 8 of the 11 big boat tournies this year were either west or north of Boston. Only 3 were south. 7 of the 10 car toppers were also west or north of boston

Posted Tue Sep 18, 2012 7:44 pm

whitehall

Posted Tue Sep 18, 2012 7:44 pm

Posted Tue Sep 18, 2012 8:06 pm

What I meant was South or West of me....

Posted Wed Sep 19, 2012 6:49 am

meatballs

What I meant was South or West of me....

Where do you live....... New Hampshire? Laughing

Posted Wed Sep 19, 2012 7:28 am

Unfortunately most maff tourneys are 1-2 hr drive for me as well.
When we had 2 tourneys in my area people pissed and moaned about the drive. We still had a good tourney but people didn't like the ride. No worries i figure i just pick and choose the few i might make and see if i can afford the gas Cool.
But i also like traveling to bodies of water i would never go to.

Posted Wed Sep 19, 2012 8:16 am

I believe the expression is: You can please some of the people some of the time but you can never please all of the people all of the time.

Posted Wed Sep 19, 2012 8:29 am

I really don't mind the drive

Posted Wed Sep 19, 2012 8:32 am

stratos1966

I believe the expression is: You can please some of the people some of the time but you can never please all of the people all of the time.

Nailed it Very Happy

Posted Wed Sep 19, 2012 9:36 am

Whether you wanna fish or you don't wanna fish for whatever the reason(s), sign up and show up or don't! They can't be in everyone's back yard. We've all driven an hour or more because we chose to. Pretty simple!

Posted Wed Sep 19, 2012 5:33 pm

It's pretty cool when they are in your back yard though. Wake up at 5:45 and just fly over there in 10 minutes

Posted Wed Sep 19, 2012 6:03 pm

MA Fish Finder

Social Links