There is a large, paved boat ramp and parking lot just off Route 135 on a northeastern cove of the pond. It is suitable for all trailer boats and there is parking space for at least 30 vehicles

so i guess 495 to 135 and it should be visible, any one with any better directions please jump in.

One more day guys looks like the weather might work out for us.
i'll see everyone around 6ish.

if you can't make it please call me and let me know so i can get someone to fill the spot,thank you 781-856-0636

Posted Sat Jul 10, 2010 8:06 am

I googled this area and it looks like
300 wood st. on rt 135.
Hope this is it?
See ya there

Posted Sat Jul 10, 2010 8:11 am

johnny or smoke just was hopin that u guys can count me in 4 chebaco tourney ,not gonna be around sunday nite or have a cmputer nearby to sign up thanks jimmy

Posted Sat Jul 10, 2010 9:41 am

yup we will put your team right in k

Posted Sat Jul 10, 2010 12:44 pm

Ok, rte 495 either direction take exit 21A west main st towards hopkinton. follow straight till you see 135 west (sharp left). about a mile up on the right is the ramp. nice ramp plenty or parking.

there might be DCR presence at the ramp, if there is we have to be carefull we can only have 15 max boats per the permit, so if it comes down to it ( i don't think it will) two of the smaller boats if asked won't be a part of the tourney wink wink.
we'll figure it out in the a.m.

I say there might be presence because while i was there earlier today to find the ramp. fire and rescue and all kind of medical people were there rescueing a father and his teenage son from their capsized john boat. luckily there was another tourney going on and one of the teams saved their lives. so the boat is still out in the water by the ramp and they might be there tomorow to fish it out. i asked if they wanted us to take care of it but he said please don't becasue of liability and stuff. so that's why, prayers for them tonight!

see you all in the a.m! and please call me if you can't make any time tonight or in the a.m

Posted Sat Jul 10, 2010 4:22 pm

The Puddle Jumpers were there Sat. After noon... Stayed about an hour and a half.... hooked a 2 lber and called it a day....
On what you ask ...Hmmmmmmmmmm If I gave that info out I would have to kill ya....LOL
Johnny the directions are right on You cant' miss that hard left onto wood st..

See ya all there....

Posted Sat Jul 10, 2010 4:34 pm

unfortunately, we have to back out for tomorrow. we had a dangerous unfortunate situation happen today. we were out on whitehall and the weather suddenly changed, wind picked up pretty heavy and the water got really choppy. we were on the other side of the pond and started heading back toward the boat launch.

the waves were high for our small boat and we started taking on a lot of water really quickly. i told nicholas to throw on the life jacket and about 30 seconds later waves came over the back and down she went.

we were in the middle of the pond about 200 yards from the shore. i can swim, but haven't in a long long time. i can laugh about it now, but i didn't have a life jacket and nearly drown getting to the shore. i was so exhausted and having a lot of trouble breathing, i couldn't even pull myself out of the water. i lay on the rocks until nicholas was able to get the attention of another boat. fortunately there was a small bass tourney going on and a couple of the boats heard him screaming and came over. they had to pull me from the water and i was taken to the hospital by ambulance.

we are ok, but i am extremely exhausted and feel really fortunate to still be here. there were moments where i didn't think i was going to make it. THANK YOU to the people who came over with their boat and helped us.

our boat and all of our equipment are still in the middle of the pond. try not to hit it tomorrow, lol. we will be there tomorrow morning around 9:00 am with the environmental police as they try to pull the boat out of the water.

good luck to everyone and keep a life jacket handy just in case. you never know what can happen.

Posted Sat Jul 10, 2010 6:51 pm

johnny - just read your post above. that is crazy you were there at the same time. we were probably already in the ambulance. what a messed up day.

Posted Sat Jul 10, 2010 6:58 pm

RALPH AND NICHOLAS....SO SORRY TO HEAR ABOUT YOUR UNFORTUNATE SITUATION, BUT THANK THE MAN ABOVE YOU ARE BOTH OK......OUR THOUGHTS ARE WITH YOU AND HOPE YOU BOTH RECOVER WELL (EVEN THOUGH YOU SAY YOU'RE OK)........ANYTHING WE CAN DO...LET US KNOW.....

TEAM BASSBURNER
AND THE CREW AT MAFF

Posted Sat Jul 10, 2010 7:09 pm

wow wow wow, man i can not believe that was you guys today, i was there right after they took you guys away. i was speaking with the people from the other tourney and they were pretty shaken up as well.
man am i glad to hear you guys are ok. absolutly anything i can do please let me know.
be well

Posted Sat Jul 10, 2010 7:19 pm

DAMN RALPH JOHNNY TOLD ME A STORY ABOUT A GUY WHO CAPSIZED AND THEN I READ THE POST .JEEZ YOU ARE LUCKY BRO THAT HORRIBLE BUT ATLEAST YOU ARE HERE STILL TIRED...BUT HERE HA HA GODD SWIMMING KID!!!! MAKES YA WANNA STOP SMOKING DON'T IT LOL

Posted Sat Jul 10, 2010 7:20 pm

SINCE TEAM ROCK BASS IS OUT LET ME KNOW IF THE RESERVES WANT IN!!!!LEAVE A POST

Posted Sat Jul 10, 2010 7:23 pm

Oh my god, glad you guys are ok

Posted Sat Jul 10, 2010 7:33 pm

i do want in but i am a single and i need a parnter.

Posted Sat Jul 10, 2010 7:40 pm

Glad everything worked out ok!!!
Hope you can get as much equipment back as possible.
Good luck

Posted Sat Jul 10, 2010 7:42 pm

MA Fish Finder

Social Links