PUTTING THIS POST UP IN ADVANCE TO BEGIN PLANNING THE 2013 MAFF SCHEDULE PLEASE SUBMIT PLACES YOU WOULD LIKE TO SEE BOTH BIG BOAT AND CARTOPPER EVENTS HELD PLEASE KEEP IN MIND SOME GUYS TRAILER TO CARTOPPER EVENTS SO REQUESTS SHOULD HAVE A SUITABLE RAMP OR BEACH PLEASE KEEP IN MIND PARKING AS WELL. Thank you please just submit places to fish so this post isn't cluttered with anything else

Posted Wed Sep 05, 2012 5:33 pm

Quabbin?

Posted Wed Sep 05, 2012 5:42 pm

Wow, its that time all ready!
I know we did Horn Pond this year. What did you guys think of Horn?

Also, how about Lower Mystic? Not sure about parking but, power boats are allowed & has both Larries & Sallies. There are quite a few mass federation tourneys so, there must be some parking.

Posted Wed Sep 05, 2012 5:55 pm

Big Boat:
-Mashpee/Wakeby
-Wequaquet
-Webster (parking though Mad )

Cartopper:
-Chebacco
(Bring back a couple old ones)
-Boone, Upper Mystic, Mill Pond Agawam

Posted Wed Sep 05, 2012 6:00 pm

can i make a suggestion while i think of spots? can we also suggest certain times of the year for places?

some places are better at different times for reasons like parking, recreational traffic, idiots on sea-doos, excessive weed growth etc.

Posted Wed Sep 05, 2012 6:16 pm

thecontender

Quabbin?

no tourneys allowed at the Q. I love that place

Posted Wed Sep 05, 2012 6:55 pm

OLDHAM CARTOPPER

Posted Wed Sep 05, 2012 6:58 pm

Neil, u should really buy a true cartopper. I fish a small club where we fish lakes with poor access/no way to launch trailered boats and the T's are a ton of fun with great weights. Doesn't make a difference to me, just food for thought. Southern NH is awesome too

Posted Wed Sep 05, 2012 7:12 pm

Can I make a suggestion? Everyone put up 4 - 5 places you would like to see on the schedule. Research your places. Make sure there is parking for at least 12 cartoppers and 15 big boats and they even allow tournament. If you have no intention or means to fish one of the trails i.e. you have no cartopper or no big boat dont contribute to that list. This way when the schedule is put together hopefully at least one of your bodies of water made the list.

Posted Wed Sep 05, 2012 7:36 pm

Anything within the rte 495 belt.

Posted Wed Sep 05, 2012 8:05 pm

stratos1966

Can I make a suggestion? Everyone put up 4 - 5 places you would like to see on the schedule. If you have no intention or means to fish one of the trails i.e. you have no cartopper or no big boat dont contribute to that list. This way when the schedule is put together hopefully at least one of your bodies of water made the list.

Good point, let's just stick to posting places we would like to see fished, guys need to remember there are 100 other orginazations out there that will be trying to access the same bodies as us, I agree with Sam on the time of year and condition of the body of water at said time, behind the scenes that has already been agreed upon to improve bag weights as well as increase the overall experience and participation of every scheduled event. Keep the locations coming so we can figure out the events based on season as well as have the applications sumbitted at the earliest date to help improve the chances of another great line up, thanks guys

Posted Wed Sep 05, 2012 8:06 pm

Don't even bother, we know the bodies of water, we'll pick a schedule and people will come. If they don't like the place they don't have to fish.
Not meant to sound like a prick but it's easier that way

Posted Wed Sep 05, 2012 8:10 pm

johnnybag-a-bass

Don't even bother, we know the bodies of water, we'll pick a schedule and people will come. If they don't like the place they don't have to fish.
Not meant to sound like a prick but it's easier that way

hmmmm I'm not sure I like this version of Johnny. Is Dallas losing? You had the same thread last year

Posted Wed Sep 05, 2012 8:12 pm

shawneramone

OLDHAM CARTOPPER

I second oldham for a cartopper. If we can get into east monponsett again i would suggest that for a topper or bigboat. Whitmans pond in weymouth for a topper.

Big boat
1. Great herring pond, plymouth
2. Webster Lake, webster
3.Long Pond, lakeville

And Neil to reply to what jbigun had Im sure people would help you carry ur boat to the water with no fuss I can speak for team chasin tail and say that both of us would help you and any other team that would need help if there was no ramp.

Posted Wed Sep 05, 2012 8:16 pm

Lol good one Shawn, I did have it the last couple of years and it just gets ugly, lol like I said not to sound like a prick

Posted Wed Sep 05, 2012 8:18 pm

MA Fish Finder

Social Links