Hey Neil, Any chance we can get a boat launch address posted on the front where the teams are listed? Just for everyone to make note of it and plug it into their GPSs. It would be very helpful I think.

Thanks bro

Sunday is around the corner boys!

Last edited by napa on Wed Apr 18, 2012 10:26 am; edited 1 time in total

Posted Wed Apr 18, 2012 10:19 am

napa

Hey Neil, Any chance we can get a boat launch address posted on the front where the teams are listed? Just for every to make note of and plug into their GPS. It would be very helpful I think.

Thanks bro

Sunday is around the corner boys!

Im on it give me a few and Ill add it to the Posting ! good idea

Posted Wed Apr 18, 2012 10:24 am

LONG POND RAMP ADDRESS

210 MIDDLEBORO RD FREETOWN MASS, this road is also called ROUTE 18 FREETOWN MASS

Posted Wed Apr 18, 2012 10:32 am

You the man!!! Thanks again

Posted Wed Apr 18, 2012 10:34 am

Just one of the men!

Posted Wed Apr 18, 2012 10:44 am

Niel any idea if the shack is open for parking fees? Or is it to early in the season? Just figured I would ask, because if anyone else is like me. I only carry the exact amount of cash I need for the day.

Posted Wed Apr 18, 2012 11:12 am

I JUST WANT TO THROW IT OUT THERE. IF ANYONE CAN'T MAKE IT PLEASE LET US KNOW A.S.A.P

WE HAVE ONE ON THE RESERVE LIST

SEE YOU SUNDAY

Posted Wed Apr 18, 2012 11:18 am

johnnybag-a-bass

I JUST WANT TO THROW IT OUT THERE. IF ANYONE CAN'T MAKE IT PLEASE LET US KNOW A.S.A.P

WE HAVE ONE ON THE RESERVE LIST

SEE YOU SUNDAY

The Great Oz has spoken .....again! Lmfao

Posted Wed Apr 18, 2012 11:32 am

mindgame

Niel any idea if the shack is open for parking fees? Or is it to early in the season? Just figured I would ask, because if anyone else is like me. I only carry the exact amount of cash I need for the day.

bring an extra 15-20$ just incase for parking. i cant imagine it being over 10$ but just incase ya know

Posted Wed Apr 18, 2012 1:52 pm

chevin37

mindgame

bring an extra 15-20$ just incase for parking. i cant imagine it being over 10$ but just incase ya know

They dont begin charging to park until Memorial Day which isnt until May 28th, we are all set

Posted Wed Apr 18, 2012 2:12 pm

I have never been to this pond does anyone know of any navigational hazards I tried finding a chart with no luck and my gps does not have the depth contour lines for the pond. I hate to find a rocks zipping across the lake.

Posted Wed Apr 18, 2012 2:48 pm

prov1

I have never been to this pond does anyone know of any navigational hazards I tried finding a chart with no luck and my gps does not have the depth contour lines for the pond. I hate to find a rocks zipping across the lake.

Go to Google search "longpond Freetown ma depth map" click the mass.gov link, its like the 3rd one down

Posted Wed Apr 18, 2012 3:05 pm

prov1

****Definitely NOT a Pond to be ZIPPING across****

The pond has several potentially hazardous areas for boaters. There is a sand bar that connects Nelson Island to the mainland that varies from about three feet to only inches deep, and is sometimes fully exposed in the mid to late summer. Because of the pond's shallow depth (on average around nine feet), many large rocks pose serious threats. Not all of these rocks are clearly marked, but most are.

The largest of these rocks is known as Acre Rock because of its approximate size. It is flat on its top, lies close to the surface and sits midway between the east and west shores of the pond approximately 1/4 mile north of Hemlock Point at Long Pond's southern end. Acre Rock sits approximately at the town line separating Lakeville and Freetown.

For a boater inexperienced navigating Long Pond, it is always advisable to remain on the western side of the islands when traveling north or south to avoid the many rocks and sandbars that exist. Also when passing Nelson Island going north or south, always do so in the middle of the channel between the island and shoreline, due to a string of several rocks running north and south off the island's western tip. When entering the lake's southwestern area, to the west of Hemlock Point, avoid the middle of the entrance due to several rocks that are not always marked.

Posted Wed Apr 18, 2012 3:14 pm

Awesome. Thanks for the info now im really wishing I had the lake on my gps lol

Posted Wed Apr 18, 2012 3:34 pm

I believe the in season parking charge is 4 dollars per car.If they do open the shack and we are on the water they will put a parking pass on your vehicle write down your plate and you pay them when you come in.Most of the rock are around the islands and some points.Watch your depth finder for a shallow hump off of third island on the left side.There is one shallow rock hump marked with a bouy.

Posted Wed Apr 18, 2012 3:44 pm

MA Fish Finder

Social Links