I consider a lot of the MAFF guys better anglers and accept that as my challenge. But now we're talking about somebody who could be fishing for a living to compete with. Makes a guy like me think I'd rather keep my 25 bucks and go fish Oldham every weekend. I know how I'm coming off and I'm trying hard not to sound like a pussy. I've always considered Neil a great fisherman but he may have just shot up to elite.

Posted Mon Jul 23, 2012 3:05 pm

That's his dream.
When i met Randy that was his dream too. He's a regular guy.
I have beaten him in my 1st tourney win ever and it was just after he became state champion. I only beat him once out of 100's but.

If it was 125.00 I wouldn't want to donate all the time.
If these guys showed up regularly I'd think the same. but he wasn't there to win.He wanted a father son day. I think there is some new faces on maff that are pretty bad-ass fisherman and will be taking some wins. Neil wants to be that guy and i wish the best for him.
Thank god he was in my boat. I just donated the ride .
Ps. i guess if Neil can't fish a tourney i shouldn't ask Randy? hahaha

Posted Mon Jul 23, 2012 3:17 pm

shawneramone

pocketfisherman

shawneramone

Personally if I was an elite fisherman I'd feel kinda dirty taking money from weekend warriors kid or not. (This reads matter of fact. No anger or anything like that. Just my opinion)

No worries Shawn, we ALL know that your NOT an elite fisherman, so your safe! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy C'mon, you just knew that was coming from somewhere, LOL!

Which is why I like fishin with you roger. It's an even playing field

It was an honor and a privledge to fish against Randy, not many people realize that Im not doing this to have fun, Im doing this to make the Classic some day. Next yr I will join a club and begin the whole CO Angler deal until I purchase a larger boat.

This has been a dream of mine for a long time, mark my words I dont care if its 10 yrs from now, you will see me make it at which point you can say. "there goes Sinista I know that guy!"

Posted Mon Jul 23, 2012 3:20 pm

guys to be considered among the best you have to beat the best. I want top notch competition always. Some great fishermen here and it makes it feel all the better when you win.

Last edited by kman on Mon Jul 23, 2012 11:42 pm; edited 1 time in total

Posted Mon Jul 23, 2012 3:43 pm

neil, best of luck to you. you certainly have the skills and drive to make it from what i can tell.

if you're not doing this for fun at all, why not do some of the bigger circuits around as well like the ABA, NEBA etc. i know you gotta be having fun out there and fishing with and against the guys on MAFF.

Posted Mon Jul 23, 2012 4:28 pm

Neil,
You just make sure you remember us when you're signing autographs at the DCU Center at the sportsman shows! But until then, we're just gonna have to beat your a$$ in the cartoppers my brother! I hope yoi realize your dream someday, but the day fishing stops being fun is when I take up another hobby all together.

Posted Mon Jul 23, 2012 7:17 pm

I think I will fish in the bassmaster classic too, why not?

Posted Mon Jul 23, 2012 10:23 pm

nofx99

I think I will fish in the bassmaster classic too, why not?

Good, see you there...

Posted Mon Jul 23, 2012 11:06 pm

sinista

shawneramone

pocketfisherman

shawneramone

Personally if I was an elite fisherman I'd feel kinda dirty taking money from weekend warriors kid or not. (This reads matter of fact. No anger or anything like that. Just my opinion)

No worries Shawn, we ALL know that your NOT an elite fisherman, so your safe! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy C'mon, you just knew that was coming from somewhere, LOL!

It was an honor and a privledge to fish against Randy, not many people realize that Im not doing this to have fun, Im doing this to make the Classic some day. Next yr I will join a club and begin the whole CO Angler deal until I purchase a larger boat.

This has been a dream of mine for a long time, mark my words I dont care if its 10 yrs from now, you will see me make it at which point you can say. "there goes Sinista I know that guy!"

I love your enthusiasm and good luck chasing your dreams. I hope you do make it one day. It's not an easy road from what I hear.

When is the next T ? I wanna whip your butt! Wink

Posted Tue Jul 24, 2012 8:57 am

tommyboy

sinista

shawneramone

pocketfisherman

shawneramone

I love your enthusiasm and good luck chasing your dreams. I hope you do make it one day. It's not an easy road from what I hear.

When is the next T ? I wanna whip your butt! Wink

Concord River I wont be there though, Im fishing South Coast Anglers open at the Rock-tuppa in Fall River

Posted Tue Jul 24, 2012 9:02 am

rock-tuppa is right haha

Posted Tue Jul 24, 2012 9:12 am

chevin37

rock-tuppa is right haha

Oh ya Gonna Be Getting Jiggy with it Na Na Na Na Na Na Nah!

Posted Tue Jul 24, 2012 9:28 am

pocketfisherman

Neil,
You just make sure you remember us when you're signing autographs at the DCU Center at the sportsman shows! But until then, we're just gonna have to beat your a$$ in the cartoppers my brother! I hope yoi realize your dream someday, but the day fishing stops being fun is when I take up another hobby all together.

Gonna be a long wait for that. The Worcester show has been cancelled.

Posted Tue Jul 24, 2012 10:11 am

blackgts2002

pocketfisherman

Neil,

Misinformed by Misinformed people, the show is still on for February

Posted Tue Jul 24, 2012 10:14 am

blackgts2002

pocketfisherman

Neil,

http://www.newenglandfishingexpo.com/apply-for-booth-space/

heres the link to the event Feb 8th -10th

Posted Tue Jul 24, 2012 10:20 am

MA Fish Finder

Social Links