haha, what you throw at them is not that important. I just want to know if you caught them on Frogs or not.

sinista

scottws616

Wow guys great tourney!! Neil that's just impressive. At some point if you don't mind sharing how you attracted those giants that would be awesome, if not I completely understand. After all this is a competition and whatever you were using or your stratagey for the day is killer!! Nice job man.

All I can say is this, I had some info on a good stretch of water and by stretch I mean 3 miles long, we pulled up and started checking water depth, water flow wind direction etc, the wind was actually the first sign I keyed in on that told me where to look, wind blown outside bends of the river in slightly deeper water, next peice was the cover, pads or grass, coon tail or hydrilla, it took an hour to boat the first fish, mainly because we hadnt put all the right peices together, but once we did I dialed in even more to the slightest details about every bite I had, right down to a 1/4 difference in weight size, I had 7 other bites I missed some of which undoubtedly were larger than the 6.37, there is no question in my mind that had I not missed those fish I would have ecliped the 25 lb mark, maybe even came close to 30lbs and Im not kidding, yesterday by far was the most dialed in on their location and what they wanted in a long time.

As far as what I was throwing there is no information available on that, lol.

Posted Mon Jul 23, 2012 10:42 am

That's the way it's done, it must feel good when the pieces come together. Great job man and thanks for some of the details. The bait used would be in my lunker vault too, lol.

Posted Mon Jul 23, 2012 10:48 am

The kid is a beast, looks like a new Yoda! sorry rich, hahahaha

Posted Mon Jul 23, 2012 10:49 am

johnnybag-a-bass

The kid is a beast, looks like a new Yoda! sorry rich, hahahaha

Johnny, I told Neil he is the young Skywalker. The force is strong in this one!!

Posted Mon Jul 23, 2012 10:54 am

How about 2nd place?
This is Randy Phillips Bass master classic qualifier 2010, Regional champion. His Bio is on my website.
None the less he didn't enter the river once and landed a huge bag.
So i don't think it was the lures but 2 very detailed anglers.
I'm glad i have the opportunity to fish with great anglers like this. I pick up details from all the guys i fish with and it's awesome.
8 fish 35lbs yesterday

Posted Mon Jul 23, 2012 10:54 am

A pro fisherman on the MAFF tour?

Posted Mon Jul 23, 2012 10:59 am

shawneramone

A pro fisherman on the MAFF tour?

lol, a damn good one or do you mean NEIL . He had a chance to fish the elite series but chose not to.
But now he fishes with his kids and some opens here and there.
Ironically he called me Wed and asked if i knew of a tourney that him and his son could fish if his boat was fixed for the weekend.

Last edited by jwall046 on Mon Jul 23, 2012 11:30 am; edited 1 time in total

Posted Mon Jul 23, 2012 11:09 am

willy68

haha, what you throw at them is not that important. I just want to know if you caught them on Frogs or not.

sinista

scottws616

Wow guys great tourney!! Neil that's just impressive. At some point if you don't mind sharing how you attracted those giants that would be awesome, if not I completely understand. After all this is a competition and whatever you were using or your stratagey for the day is killer!! Nice job man.

All I can say is this, I had some info on a good stretch of water and by stretch I mean 3 miles long, we pulled up and started checking water depth, water flow wind direction etc, the wind was actually the first sign I keyed in on that told me where to look, wind blown outside bends of the river in slightly deeper water, next peice was the cover, pads or grass, coon tail or hydrilla, it took an hour to boat the first fish, mainly because we hadnt put all the right peices together, but once we did I dialed in even more to the slightest details about every bite I had, right down to a 1/4 difference in weight size, I had 7 other bites I missed some of which undoubtedly were larger than the 6.37, there is no question in my mind that had I not missed those fish I would have ecliped the 25 lb mark, maybe even came close to 30lbs and Im not kidding, yesterday by far was the most dialed in on their location and what they wanted in a long time.

As far as what I was throwing there is no information available on that, lol.

What I threw at them and how I threw it was VERY IMPORTANT yesterday to finding big fish, there were 3 other boats in this area 2 had no fish and one had 3 lbs, they were throwing frogs and senkos and jigs, I told my partner about 10 times during the day that the fish are not going to hit that frog, I know where they are and I know how to catch them, lets just say I flipped over 1000 times yesterday, with only 10 bites, it was the constant keeping the bait in the strike zone and the amount of times I put it there that equaled success

Posted Mon Jul 23, 2012 11:14 am

Great! You were on the river not in the pond itself?

What I threw at them and how I threw it was VERY IMPORTANT yesterday to finding big fish, there were 3 other boats in this area 2 had no fish and one had 3 lbs, they were throwing frogs and senkos and jigs, I told my partner about 10 times during the day that the fish are not going to hit that frog, I know where they are and I know how to catch them, lets just say I flipped over 1000 times yesterday, with only 10 bites, it was the constant keeping the bait in the strike zone and the amount of times I put it there that equaled success[/quote]

Posted Mon Jul 23, 2012 11:21 am

Personally if I was an elite fisherman I'd feel kinda dirty taking money from weekend warriors kid or not. (This reads matter of fact. No anger or anything like that. Just my opinion)

Posted Mon Jul 23, 2012 11:50 am

shawneramone

Personally if I was an elite fisherman I'd feel kinda dirty taking money from weekend warriors kid or not. (This reads matter of fact. No anger or anything like that. Just my opinion)

No worries Shawn, we ALL know that your NOT an elite fisherman, so your safe! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy C'mon, you just knew that was coming from somewhere, LOL!

Posted Mon Jul 23, 2012 11:58 am

pocketfisherman

shawneramone

No worries Shawn, we ALL know that your NOT an elite fisherman, so your safe! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy C'mon, you just knew that was coming from somewhere, LOL!

Mr. Green

Posted Mon Jul 23, 2012 12:07 pm

pocketfisherman

shawneramone

Which is why I like fishin with you roger. It's an even playing field

Posted Mon Jul 23, 2012 12:31 pm

Touche buddy! Laughing

Posted Mon Jul 23, 2012 2:28 pm

Anybody can be beaten at any given day.
I welcome the challenges of fishing against better anglers.
Neil does too now

Posted Mon Jul 23, 2012 2:37 pm

MA Fish Finder

Social Links