sinista

when i joined in 2011 there was some talk about there was a 250$ payout for biggest bag and the same for biggest fish, I knew after the year ended and there was no payout that this was mis-information

Last year there was a $50 hold back from around 8 or 9 tourneys...Hence the $200 for lunker and $200 for big bag payout at the end of the year. So, to set things straight, there was a payout last year of $200 for big fish and Biggest bag of the year.

This year there was a $50 hold back from around 10 tourneys. Then there was a post on the Long Pond in Sturbridge thread that no more moneys were being collected.

Last edited by chuckh on Tue Oct 16, 2012 7:06 pm; edited 1 time in total

Posted Tue Oct 16, 2012 5:55 pm

There was a $200 payout at last years final. It must have been skimmed like this years cookout money but it definitely happened. It kinda sucks because we could have easily kept taking money off the entry fee's. What's the point of keeping track of that stuff?

http://www.mafishfinder.com/phpBB2/10-16-11-m-a-f-f-bass-master-classic-t5107-75.html?highlight=webster%20finals

Posted Tue Oct 16, 2012 5:57 pm

I collected from nine tourneys gathering $450 for the cookout. I told Neil at that point that I didnt feel we needed anymore for the cookout.
I have had nothing to do with any records or finals or any of that.
I apologize if I was supposed to handle that too. I think it is a good move for next year, if there's still all the standings kept and end of year stuff going on. That Neil, Rich and Ken who all stepped up to volunteer. All take on a role. Treasurer, TD, and whatever.
That way it will run smoother.

Two cents

Posted Tue Oct 16, 2012 7:11 pm

Johnny I'm not looking to blame anybody. It's a transition thing. Just kind of a bummer that something like that got lost in the mix. It was kind of cool having big bag, losing big bag, winning it back thinking there was a reward at the end for it. Bragging rights are cool but $$$ talks. But seriously man you go above and beyond what any normal person would to make things run smoothly and for everybody to have fun. No hard feelings here man.

Posted Tue Oct 16, 2012 7:15 pm

I hear ya man, I agree it stinks
Thank you

Posted Tue Oct 16, 2012 7:29 pm

shawneramone

Johnny I'm not looking to blame anybody. It's a transition thing. Just kind of a bummer that something like that got lost in the mix. It was kind of cool having big bag, losing big bag, winning it back thinking there was a reward at the end for it. Bragging rights are cool but $$$ talks. But seriously man you go above and beyond what any normal person would to make things run smoothly and for everybody to have fun. No hard feelings here man.

For what its worth Neil ken and myself did not take over anything till mid September and really have no responsibility for the 2012 season.
k

Posted Tue Oct 16, 2012 7:46 pm

stratos1966

shawneramone

For what its worth Neil ken and myself did not take over anything till mid September and really have no responsibility for the 2012 season.
k

Like I said, I'm not looking to blame anybody for anything.

Posted Tue Oct 16, 2012 7:50 pm

Going forward into next year i propose upping the entry fee 5 bucks a boat. With average of 10boats a tourney over a 10 tourney schedule that will make for a tourney 500 dollar pot per trail. That can be 250 each for big fish and big bag. If weaaverage 12 boats that's 300 for each one.

Posted Tue Oct 16, 2012 7:53 pm

stratos1966

Going forward into next year i propose upping the entry fee 5 bucks a boat. With average of 10boats a tourney over a 10 tourney schedule that will make for a tourney 500 dollar pot per trail. That can be 250 each for big fish and big bag. If weaaverage 12 boats that's 300 for each one.

Need to also consider if another cookout is going to planned, I vote yes I know that one. I liked hanging with everyone shootin the ish

Posted Tue Oct 16, 2012 8:05 pm

biggz53

stratos1966

Need to also consider if another cookout is going to planned, I vote yes I know that one. I liked hanging with everyone shootin the ish

I would actually just pay a one time fee like $20 bucks into the cookout fund.

Posted Tue Oct 16, 2012 8:09 pm

shawneramone

biggz53

stratos1966

I would actually just pay a one time fee like $20 bucks into the cookout fund.

Good idea Shawn ill add that into the mix, I just want to say we have a lot of good stuff to add to he already great thing johnny and Justin have given birth to , everyone just sit tight and get through this winter without any unessesary controversy and in the early early spring we will put it all up for veiwing not to worry it is really nothing more than a few ways to raise money (that doesn't come from our.. meaning MAFF'ers pockets or from raising entry fees) that will give us a great pay out on the TOCs and help pay for things like big bags and big fish awards , trust me everything is going to work out it always does , there are no secrets or crazy rule changes instore just good ole fashion MAFF fun with a little more money to go around and we all like that . Before we even worry about all that let's get back to what this post was suppose to be about..

The 2012 MAFF CHAMPIONSHIP OF THE WORLD IS UP FOR GRABS! WHO IS GONNA BE THE TEAM TO TAKE HOME THE TITLE AND WHAT IS THE WINNING BAG GONNA BE?

TO MAKE THINGS FUN WE CAN ALL THROW A COUPLE OF BUCKS IN THE POT AND ALL PICK WHAT WE THINK THE WINNING WEIGHT WILL BE, CLOSEST GUY WINS THE POT.

4 DAYS AND COUNTING SEE YOU ALL THERE

Posted Tue Oct 16, 2012 8:45 pm

i might be wrong but it seems like there are already a lot of proposed rule changes. like weights going to 2 different teams if you fish with someone else, not being able to fish the big boat tournaments in a cartopper. i'm not saying these things are right or wrong and maybe they're not set in stone or just thoughts tossed out there. but let's just go out and f'n fish.

Posted Tue Oct 16, 2012 8:55 pm

samf

i might be wrong but it seems like there are already a lot of proposed rule changes. like weights going to 2 different teams if you fish with someone else, not being able to fish the big boat tournaments in a cartopper. i'm not saying these things are right or wrong and maybe they're not set in stone or just thoughts tossed out there. but let's just go out and f'n fish.

You can fish big boat tournies in a topper just be prepared to fish the big boat final on a big boat body of water if you qualify in your topper , plenty of time to discuss this all in the off season now back to the regularlly scheduled program

Posted Tue Oct 16, 2012 8:58 pm

Anybody hear anything about that tourney last Sunday?

Posted Wed Oct 17, 2012 10:43 am

shawneramone

Anybody hear anything about that tourney last Sunday?

13 and change won it

Posted Wed Oct 17, 2012 10:55 am

MA Fish Finder

Social Links