the cape is 99% open

Posted Mon Mar 17, 2014 3:20 pm

Great news! Just got the outboard going this weekend. Very Happy

Posted Mon Mar 17, 2014 5:24 pm

Great news! Just got the outboard going this weekend. Very Happy

Posted Mon Mar 17, 2014 5:24 pm

Like lunkerhunter stated, it varies from place to place. What works in one pond, might not work in another. You really have to experiment until you start getting bites. Bassturds, I have fished the CB the normal way and caught fish and I have also jigged it off the bottom and got fish. The bass are schooled up this time of the year, if you can find one, stay in the general area for awhile. Tip - Shallow ponds fish much better this time of the year Exclamation

Posted Mon Mar 17, 2014 7:16 pm

For those of us up North (NH border), The Merrimack is open, but ponds and lakes (Attitash, Fosters, Martins) are frozen solid.

Posted Mon Mar 17, 2014 7:31 pm

don51

Like lunkerhunter stated, it varies from place to place. What works in one pond, might not work in another. You really have to experiment until you start getting bites. Bassturds, I have fished the CB the normal way and caught fish and I have also jigged it off the bottom and got fish. The bass are schooled up this time of the year, if you can find one, stay in the general area for awhile. Tip - Shallow ponds fish much better this time of the year Exclamation

i think the problem is that the mojority of the ponds i fished had alot of ice and very little open water!!

i think when the ice completly melts off the ponds thats when the bass are going to get active for me again!

last saturday there was very little open water in marshfield,duxbury,pembroke,plymouth and carver

Posted Tue Mar 18, 2014 11:22 am

We threw jerk baits jigs drot shot spinner baits crankbaits and swimbaits.We
didn't even get a pickerel.First day was morning and the second was afternoon.I know there is a small window when they could turn on but we didn't have it.Maybe the smaller waters will be easier to figure out.

Posted Tue Mar 18, 2014 3:02 pm

It still must've felt good to wet some lines!

Posted Tue Mar 18, 2014 6:46 pm

went to a local pond for a good amount of time... Didn't catch anything but perch.. Perch fishing was on fire today, but unfortunately there not that much fun on stout gear... Still was happy to be out on the water and catch something

Posted Tue Mar 18, 2014 7:10 pm

at this point i'll call it a victory when the water hits 40 degrees.

Posted Tue Mar 18, 2014 8:06 pm

DITTO

Posted Tue Mar 18, 2014 8:19 pm

little bit more open water! but still go skunked! jerkbaits and small swimbait! not even a pickerel!

ice is melting but the water is still super cold!!!!!!!

my favorite ponds are still frozen. this sucks! my favorite ponds im confident ill get a fish or 2

Posted Wed Mar 19, 2014 8:23 am

Charles pretty much open after Lower Falls/Newton dam....all the way past Leo J Martin golf course thru to Newton Marriott area...also the stretch thru Cutler Park in Needham area looks open in most spots...

Posted Wed Mar 19, 2014 4:26 pm

It's all very encouraging boys, keep those reports coming in! Soon enough.....soon enough!

Posted Wed Mar 19, 2014 5:09 pm

I was on the Charles on Monday, looking and failing to find fish. Some areas where still a bit frozen. I had to use my anchor grappling hook to pull my boat over the ice to break it. Frozen guides all day long. Found out I need to replace my fish finder battery, it died right when I needed it. Pretty much a crummy day, it can only get better.

Posted Wed Mar 19, 2014 6:04 pm

MA Fish Finder

Social Links