Also heard the Sudbury near and thru the Wayland Rt 20 boat ramp area is open in most parts and flowing above average heights....

Posted Wed Mar 19, 2014 6:05 pm

Oldham and furnance in pembroke are both about 80% open. Oldham still has skim ice at the ramp.

Posted Fri Mar 21, 2014 7:11 am

Has anyone gone past Jamaica pond or seen how the water looks? Is it unfrozen yet?[/i]

Posted Fri Mar 21, 2014 7:57 am

mr.troutmaster

Has anyone gone past Jamaica pond or seen how the water looks? Is it unfrozen yet?[/i]

Monday it was frozen.

Posted Fri Mar 21, 2014 8:21 am

whos ready to kick some bass?

Posted Fri Mar 21, 2014 6:47 pm

hit the cape today. water was about 42-45 by the afternoon. wind was insane with 30 mph gusts at times.

threw the house and even stuck with jerkbaits for a long time. we could only get a respectable limit on crankbaits, but mostly yo-yoing lipless crankbaits very very slowly. the fish were just sort of there. we had to get reaction strikes.

Posted Sat Mar 22, 2014 5:21 pm

samf

hit the cape today. water was about 42-45 by the afternoon. wind was insane with 30 mph gusts at times.

threw the house and even stuck with jerkbaits for a long time. we could only get a respectable limit on crankbaits, but mostly yo-yoing lipless crankbaits very very slowly. the fish were just sort of there. we had to get reaction strikes.

What color crankbaits did you have the most luck with? Did you match the forage?

Posted Sat Mar 22, 2014 6:33 pm

I have windburn on my face

Posted Sat Mar 22, 2014 7:10 pm

bill lewis rat-l-traps and various flat sided crankbaits like shad raps. yes we matched the forage...yellow perch. but it didn't matter. the retrieve was what mattered today.

Posted Sat Mar 22, 2014 7:17 pm

Nice job today Sam & Shawn!

Posted Sat Mar 22, 2014 7:23 pm

Finally broke the winter curse and managed 4 bass 2 picks and a dozen or so perch. Was starting to question myself after multiple trips without anything but perch. I guess the real problem was being in the wrong places. Needed that confidence boost

Posted Sat Mar 22, 2014 7:52 pm

lunkerhunter2366

Finally broke the winter curse and managed 4 bass 2 picks and a dozen or so perch. Was starting to question myself after multiple trips without anything but perch. I guess the real problem was being in the wrong places. Needed that confidence boost

Nice job! Looked like the jerkbait got them!

Posted Sat Mar 22, 2014 8:05 pm

MA Fish Finder

Social Links