stratos1966

sinista

stratos1966

sinista

Love: Shawneramone

DISLIKE: STRATOS!!!

Get in line!!!!

The line is down the street and around the corner!

Unlike my funeral, which will be held in a phone booth

I'll be there for sure

Posted Tue Jan 22, 2013 9:26 am

Ok for real this time

Love : Boag Hog Baits Barrel Bug, Denali Shakey Head Rod

Dislike: Strike King Spinnerbait (trailer hook skirt tangles in the blades)

Love: Reaction Innovations Double Wide Beaver (love the beaver!)

Dislike: Quantum Smoke Series Baitcaster (too small, has zero balls when it comes to handling BIG FISH)

Posted Tue Jan 22, 2013 9:38 am

sinista

Dislike: Quantum Smoke Series Baitcaster (too small, has zero balls when it comes to handling BIG FISH)

How would you know???

Posted Tue Jan 22, 2013 10:31 am

stratos1966

sinista

How would you know???

Because I just sold the one I owned for the last year

Posted Tue Jan 22, 2013 10:36 am

I mean, how would you know is sucks on big fish.

We need a smiley face of something going over ones head Laughing

Posted Tue Jan 22, 2013 11:25 am

stratos1966

Let me paint a picture for you, last September, Glen Charlie, 5 minutes left in tournament, got 13.9 in the livewell, smallest fish is 1.5, throwing a texas rigged yamamoto flappin hog pegged with a 1/8 oz tungsten through the grass, 4.5/5 lber smashes it, set the hook, lock the drag (fishing braid) fish continues to pull out drag to the point where I have to thumb the reel to get it to stop, the reel couldnt pull the fish in the spool would spin and the fish would pull out line no matter what i did, hand lined her halfway to the boat before she popped off, placed 4th winning bag was 17 even, lost at least $500 dollars that day.. SMOKE BAITCAST REELs SUCK!

Posted Tue Jan 22, 2013 11:35 am

sinista

stratos1966

Let me paint a picture for you, last September, Glen Charlie, 5 minutes left in tournament, got 13.9 in the livewell, smallest fish is 1.5, throwing a texas rigged yamamoto flappin hog pegged with a 1/8 oz tungsten through the grass, 4.5/5 lber smashes it, set the hook, lock the drag (fishing braid) fish continues to pull out drag to the point where I have to thumb the reel to get it to stop, the reel couldnt pull the fish in the spool would spin and the fish would pull out line no matter what i did, hand lined her halfway to the boat before she popped off, placed 4th winning bag was 17 even, lost at least $500 dollars that day.. SMOKE BAITCAST REELs SUCK!

lol

Posted Tue Jan 22, 2013 11:40 am

Sounds like a fish story

Posted Tue Jan 22, 2013 11:42 am

johnnybag-a-bass

sinista

stratos1966

lol

I vaguely remember you owning one of these?? lol perhaps mine was just defective

Posted Tue Jan 22, 2013 11:55 am

I loved it, I just don't fish as much as you. so mine worked well, haha

Posted Tue Jan 22, 2013 12:00 pm

johnnybag-a-bass

I loved it, I just don't fish as much as you. so mine worked well, haha

Hahahaha!!!

Posted Tue Jan 22, 2013 12:01 pm

good old quantum reels...

Posted Tue Jan 22, 2013 12:33 pm

Isn't the rod supposed to assist you in landing the fish?I would of cranked that drag as tight as it would go and played the fish to the boat.Tension is all you need.I know they come unpinned sometimes but I wouldn't blame the reel.

Posted Tue Jan 22, 2013 4:41 pm

Like: Shimano Sienna Spinning reels 2500 & 4000- for the money (30-40 dollars) and durabilty it's my favorite frog and jog reel.

Dislike: Daiwa Exceller- after less than 3 months the reel started making sounds and the drag system blows!

Like: Snagproof frogs- even though they aren't the most realistic frog, the durability and hook-up ratio is top notch...plus you can throw them a mile! A close second & third is Kopper's Live Target followed by the Pad Crusher.

Dislike: Trilene Flouro....sucks to cast in my opinion!

Like: Strike King Bitsy Jig- I'm new to fishing the jig consistently but I love the fact that you can catch quanitity and quality!

Posted Tue Jan 22, 2013 5:57 pm

angler21

Like: Shimano Sienna Spinning reels 2500 & 4000- for the money (30-40 dollars) and durabilty it's my favorite frog and jog reel.

Dislike: Daiwa Exceller- after less than 3 months the reel started making sounds and the drag system blows!

Like: Snagproof frogs- even though they aren't the most realistic frog, the durability and hook-up ratio is top notch...plus you can throw them a mile! A close second & third is Kopper's Live Target followed by the Pad Crusher.

Dislike: Trilene Flouro....sucks to cast in my opinion!

Like: Strike King Bitsy Jig- I'm new to fishing the jig consistently but I love the fact that you can catch quanitity and quality!

I just bought a Daiwa exceller bait cast reel. Brand new out of the box I didn't like the way it was reeling. It felt sluggish. I took it apart to find one big glob of grease on the gears. I cleaned it all up and relubed it. It casts and reels smooth.

Posted Tue Jan 22, 2013 6:01 pm

MA Fish Finder

Social Links