stratos1966

wacoachk

Excellent tips . . . was interested to learn that, seemingly, no one likes Berkley Flouro. What about Vanish? I've found it easy to use and pretty tough but what do I know???

Do you know why they named it Vanish?

Because it makes all your lures dissapear....

HAHAHA soo true!! Vanish is horrible in so many ways.

Posted Mon Jan 21, 2013 2:26 pm

hate that stuff

Posted Mon Jan 21, 2013 3:30 pm

Dislike pen rods!
I use their reels but never their rods.
I got one for my bday last year. Used it a couple times in October!
Come may! fishing for stripers using my buddy's custom 1 oz spoon.
My rod snapped in half the cast!

I buy a new penn different style.
In July fishin off my buddies boat. I was tossing a 2oz popper. My rod snapped in half from casting!

I will be buying more live target!
I slammed the stripers off my back yard with the live target blue back herring!
I love the field mouse and the frogs!

I love shimano rods and reels.
Gona buy their lures!

I just started tossin jig and pigs so ill be buying more jigs!

Posted Mon Jan 21, 2013 5:24 pm

Like: April-November

Dislike: December-March

Posted Mon Jan 21, 2013 7:03 pm

Never had a problem with Vanish. People dislike it because it is one of the cheaper flouros, so that makes it a terrible line. If you pay $20 or more a spool then that makes it good Exclamation Laughing If Vanish was $20 for 150 yds then it would be awesome Exclamation

Posted Mon Jan 21, 2013 7:29 pm

Vanish was the first fluro I ever tried just from that reasoning. I didn't think there could be that much of a difference. Well, I found out really fast. I used Vanish for one day and took it off my reel. I use Stren fluro which is only a little bit more cost but a much better line imo. Because of that I plan on trying the 20 dollar seaguar this season.

Posted Mon Jan 21, 2013 7:50 pm

Price has nothing to do with it . I.use vicious flurocarbon at $12 for 200 yards and much rather use that vs vanish.

Posted Mon Jan 21, 2013 10:16 pm

My point was that some people seem to think that if something costs more then that makes it a better product Exclamation That is not necessarily true, usually higher prices coincide with the "big name" brand more than anything else Exclamation

Posted Tue Jan 22, 2013 7:29 am

some of the best products aren't big names line Sunline. berkley is a big name but garbage line haha

shawn, i tried seaguar invisx and didn't like it. sufix has some new stuff that i heard was decent but i love sunline.

Posted Tue Jan 22, 2013 8:16 am

In that case I will skip the seaguar and either stick with the stren or try sunline.

Posted Tue Jan 22, 2013 8:44 am

Love: Shawneramone

DISLIKE: STRATOS!!!

Posted Tue Jan 22, 2013 8:50 am

sinista

Get in line!!!!

Posted Tue Jan 22, 2013 8:58 am

stratos1966

sinista

Get in line!!!!

The line is down the street and around the corner!

Posted Tue Jan 22, 2013 8:59 am

" SOME" of the more expensive fluorocarbons are made through a different process making them softer and easier to cast ( better for spinning. Others are made more stiff, yes I said stiff, and abrasion resistant and they are better suited for baitcasters. There is no doubt in my mind that Sunline and Seaguar and superior products to the berkley Floro line. BTW I love berkley Mono and it's all I use.

Posted Tue Jan 22, 2013 9:02 am

sinista

stratos1966

sinista

Get in line!!!!

The line is down the street and around the corner!

Unlike my funeral, which will be held in a phone booth

Posted Tue Jan 22, 2013 9:02 am

MA Fish Finder

Social Links