So this weekend I met a guy who makes jig heads for the Canal.He showed my son and I his whole operation which was pretty cool.On the way home my son tells me he wants to make a lure.So in the garage we and he makes a spook.I show him how to sand the dowel down with the belt sander(under my supervision of coarse). He painted it I found some eye hooks put some trebles on.So tonight I hit the local puddle with him and his lure and bam he catches a slim dart.He was so happy and so was I.A proud papa moment.

Posted Tue Apr 30, 2013 5:29 pm

That is just awesome!

Posted Tue Apr 30, 2013 5:59 pm

Great job! How much for that lure?

Posted Tue Apr 30, 2013 6:10 pm

Great job. Nothing more satisfying than catching a fish on a lure you made yourself.

Posted Tue Apr 30, 2013 6:13 pm

That's awesome !!!! I'm tempted to attempt one

Posted Tue Apr 30, 2013 6:15 pm

absolutely awsome!! he must have been so syked! i would have been a very proud pappa too congratulations Smile i think fishing is something that is great for kids to bond with parents and to keep them out of the house away from the boob tube and wood working is also a great thing for kids to learn so he is lucky to have a good dad that is teaching him essential life skills. keep up the great work! the fire tiger paint job is awsome and looking at his fish all i can say is wow what a greedy snot rocket! i cant believe a small fish like that hit something almost the same size as itself lol

Posted Tue Apr 30, 2013 6:33 pm

Great story. Thanks for sharing!!

Posted Tue Apr 30, 2013 6:42 pm

All got for that is AWESOME!

Posted Tue Apr 30, 2013 6:53 pm

Thats great!! Congrats and hopefully your first fish of many on homemade lures

Posted Tue Apr 30, 2013 7:06 pm

That is awesome!

Posted Tue Apr 30, 2013 7:17 pm

I agree with everybody else here. AWESOME. Put a big smile on my face. What a sense of accomplishment that must be for him.

Posted Tue Apr 30, 2013 7:37 pm

How dang cool is that! He must've been so pumped to catch that fish.

Posted Tue Apr 30, 2013 8:17 pm

That's so awesome! Nothing can beat that kind of feeling reward when you caught fish on homemade lures.

I know because I am one of those addict people who making tons of lures. here is just a fraction of sample that I made long time ago. Maybe this can give you some idea for your son to making more lures. oops. I'll stop talking. haha. But in seriousness, it is awesome that you teaching your son to do something like this instead let him playing video games or one of those technology games.

Most of them are saltwater lures and some of them are freshwater lures. I am sure that you can recognize each of them. If not, let me know, I can explain which lures are specifically for freshwater or salt.

Posted Tue Apr 30, 2013 8:36 pm

MA Fish Finder

Social Links