jwall046

jjbagoose

Thanks.

Jay, do you sell any Swim Jigs or Jigs w/ Rattles yet?

I couldn't find them on your site.

If not, I'm wondering what brands other people in MA are using.

Stratos can really nail down the details! I want to mention one thing about his use of pork trailers. I hear those are the best in cold water conditions because it doesn't stiffen up like plastics. Not speaking from experience though.

I do sell Grass jigs in all colors and yes i have rattles Very Happy.
They are not on my website because it is getting a facelift.

Here are the grass jigs and I am in the process of designing my own style of head comparable to arkie style Laughing

Thanks everyone

Jay thats what i was told about the pork/soft plastic comparision too. I just like pork because it's real. I think a bass will hold onto a jig longer with a pork trailer then with any soft plastic one. On the flip side you have to always have you jig haning into the water so the pork does not dry out. There is also the posibility of the pork rolling over on the shank of your hook preventing you from getting a solid hook into the fish. In the end the pork gives me the most confidence so it's what I use.
Short story: a few years back a buddy and I were down the cape in early April. We came up on this long stretch of overhangs. It was lights out for that 100 yard stretch. every brush, overhang tree or twig had a bass or 2 in and under it. I was fishing pork, my buddy plastic. i was in the back of the boat. We both got about the equal amount of bite but my buddy kept swining and missing as the fish would suck his jig in , then spit it right out. My jigs on the other hand were sucked in and the fish would hold them as they swam out of the tress heading for deeper water. These fish were hitting as soon as the bait touched the water.

Posted Thu Oct 11, 2012 5:52 pm

jays jigs are buff tested wife approved price is great and so are they can you use the pork trailers in turneys i didn't think you could because they are real bait

Posted Thu Oct 11, 2012 8:18 pm

Thanks guys,
Thank stratos!
I will have pork back on my jigs!
I do use a scent on all my baits because I believe it makes the fish hang on just a bit longer so I can set the hook.

Posted Thu Oct 11, 2012 9:42 pm

scented baits or spray iv'e never used any does it really make the difference if so what brand would you recommend

Posted Thu Oct 11, 2012 9:55 pm

I tried jig and pig today....fishin from shore..... 1 hit I think it was a sunny... Didn't feel like a bass hit..... Caught 1 perch on the jig
I was using a strike king bitzy bug with a small crawfish trailer. Don't know the color...but it's like a light pumpkinseed with orange

Posted Thu Oct 11, 2012 10:36 pm

What style of jig do you use? Football head? Swim jig? Can't remember the other styles

Posted Thu Oct 11, 2012 10:39 pm

i like the stand up jig with a twin tale grub or a swim the same way it almost looks like a frog great action

Posted Thu Oct 11, 2012 10:47 pm

I almost always use a swim jig but started with brush jigs

Posted Fri Oct 12, 2012 5:38 am

buff84

scented baits or spray iv'e never used any does it really make the difference if so what brand would you recommend

I use "mega strike" a couple things i like is that it applies like a grease and makes your lure slippery and tasty. I hear a bass can pick up a bait and spit it out before you can even sense it. So if the fish thinks it tastes real for a few seconds longer as Neil would say "you can cross his eyes".

Posted Fri Oct 12, 2012 7:53 am

bassturds

What style of jig do you use? Football head? Swim jig? Can't remember the other styles

Buddy- You can use any jig style that you have confidence in. I don't know the state you live in but a bitsy bug is lead (not legal). There is many good lead free lure makers and they have all the highly desired colors and styles.
Football= deeper/open water
Swim jig= swimming tactic (spring/fall)
Grass jig = weedy/grassy areas
Brush jig= as follows

The name doesn't limit them to the method used. I'd consider throwing multiple styles under many conditions and continue refining
your skills and preferences.
I'm with you and like to ask questions and hear what people like and use. Fishing is awesome and a continuous learning process.
Good luck

Posted Fri Oct 12, 2012 8:02 am

jwall046

bassturds

Buddy- You can use any jig style that you have confidence in. I don't know the state you live in but a bitsy bug is lead (not legal). There is many good lead free lure makers and they have all the highly desired colors and styles.
Football= deeper/open water
Swim jig= swimming tactic (spring/fall)
Grass jig = weedy/grassy areas
Brush jig= as follows

The name doesn't limit them to the method used. I'd consider throwing multiple styles under many conditions and continue refining
your skills and preferences.
I'm with you and like to ask questions and hear what people like and use. Fishing is awesome and a continuous learning process.
Good luck

bitzy bugs are lead ...damn....hmmm guess its for saltwater.

dicks sporting goods in hanover doest sell any jigs. i bought a finesse jig and a football head at bass pro.
brand names?

Posted Sat Oct 13, 2012 1:29 am

Do you ever sleep Question Laughing

Posted Sat Oct 13, 2012 12:02 pm

[quote="don51"]Do you ever sleep Question Laughing[/quote
I work nights and I sleep during the day

Posted Sat Oct 13, 2012 12:31 pm

look at my last trip. went yesterday caught fish on the jigs.. only lures i was using.

heading to jacobs in about an hour after i get out of work at 7.
only using the jigs agian

Posted Sun Oct 14, 2012 4:44 am

No fish in Jacobs Exclamation Laughing

Posted Sun Oct 14, 2012 11:46 am

MA Fish Finder

Social Links