Thanks...

Here's my boat...

looking forward to getting back into some bass. May not make this weekend as I promised friend to fish with him on Sunday.
Will keep an open eye and hope to participate soon...hardly ever fish with live bait..grew up fishing in the bayous of LA

PJ

Posted Tue May 15, 2012 9:27 am

pirougejoe

Thanks...

Here's my boat...

looking forward to getting back into some bass. May not make this weekend as I promised friend to fish with him on Sunday.
Will keep an open eye and hope to participate soon...hardly ever fish with live bait..grew up fishing in the bayous of LA

PJ

Sweet sounds good

Posted Tue May 15, 2012 9:59 am

The only thing I'd add is that you have to have some sort of livewell system, to keep any fish alive that you catch. We practice strict catch and release and never like to see any dead fish, no matter how big or small. Most use coolers with bubble box setups on them. Search through the various posts and you'll get some pretty detailed info on that and just about any other fishing topic you can think of. Good luck and hope to see you out there at some point.

Posted Tue May 15, 2012 10:55 am

pocketfisherman

The only thing I'd add is that you have to have some sort of livewell system, to keep any fish alive that you catch. We practice strict catch and release and never like to see any dead fish, no matter how big or small. Most use coolers with bubble box setups on them. Search through the various posts and you'll get some pretty detailed info on that and just about any other fishing topic you can think of. Good luck and hope to see you out there at some point.

I am a catch and release type person myself. Have you guys ever tried trailing a stringer behind your boat? With the pirouge it is simple, keeps fish alive just as a livewell and puts them back in the natural environment instead of a box where they can not move around at all.

PJ

Posted Tue May 15, 2012 2:01 pm

STRINGERS DONT WORK WELL WE TRIED THAT AND LOTS OF DEAD FISH HITTING THE TROLLING MOTOR. NEED TO HAVE COOLER WITH A BUBBLE BOX OR SOMETHING BETTER

Posted Tue May 15, 2012 2:14 pm

smokecity

STRINGERS DONT WORK WELL WE TRIED THAT AND LOTS OF DEAD FISH HITTING THE TROLLING MOTOR. NEED TO HAVE COOLER WITH A BUBBLE BOX OR SOMETHING BETTER

As you can see there is no trolling motor on my boat...man you guys are not seeing this the right way. To get around in the boat you use 2x small paddles. The handle on the rear of the boat serves as a tie off for a stringer. It works.. I have been doing it for 30+ years!!

So not confuse what I am saying.. I understand the stringer may not work for you guys with motors.... gas or electric, for me and the pirouge, we move silent and stealth...

PJ

Posted Tue May 15, 2012 2:43 pm

PJ. Stringrs are not good for fish period. Putting anything inside thier gills is harmful. And while we have seen people moving a fish back and forth to resesitate it, that too is not good for a fish long term( hours on end in a tournament) BASS and fishing tournaments in general got away from stringers and to the use of livewells for a reason.
Maybe other yak guys can start their own trail. Have a catch weigh and release tourney. Biggest fish wins. Just pick smaller places and when you catch a fish have one of the other yaks come over and witness your weight.

Posted Tue May 15, 2012 3:53 pm

stratos1966

PJ. Stringrs are not good for fish period. Putting anything inside thier gills is harmful. And while we have seen people moving a fish back and forth to resesitate it, that too is not good for a fish long term( hours on end in a tournament) BASS and fishing tournaments in general got away from stringers and to the use of livewells for a reason.
Maybe other yak guys can start their own trail. Have a catch weigh and release tourney. Biggest fish wins. Just pick smaller places and when you catch a fish have one of the other yaks come over and witness your weight.

Stratos:

Thanks for the feedback on the witness, that would make sense. As far as stringers through the gills.. well I do not do that. when the fish is hooked the hook is normally set in the softer connective tissue in the mouth area (most cases) this skin so to speak tears as the fish fights and once the hook is removed I use that spot to run the stringer. No harm to the gill or its function...the fish is not uncomfortable in any way.
I suppose each one of you have your own way butwhere I come from this is the practice and fish are not killed by restricting gill function.

Hope to meet some of you guys out there sometime.

PJ

Posted Tue May 15, 2012 4:54 pm

What's up with the image of Buckwheat anyway?

Posted Tue May 15, 2012 6:08 pm

Posted Tue May 15, 2012 6:12 pm

berkleegrad

Mr. William Thomas (aka Buckwheat) from the television program "Our Gang" was my personal favorite along with Spanky McFarland. William made a clean transistion from show biz in to normal life becoming a lab technician in the film industry. He was also a Korean War Vet (pround of him) as I am a Nam Vet.
He sadly died of a heart attack at age 49 (much too young).

I wish there were more William Thomas around...it would be a better world.!

BTW I often change Avatars to people whom I respect, admire or honor.

PJ

Posted Wed May 16, 2012 6:14 am

feel free to use my image, lol

Posted Wed May 16, 2012 6:40 am

johnnybag-a-bass

LMAO!!!!!!

Posted Wed May 16, 2012 7:51 am

Atta Boy Johnny,You're my hero.

Posted Wed May 16, 2012 4:45 pm

johnnybag-a-bass

[url=http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys.php]
[/url]

A legend in your own mind I see...love your sense of humor!

PJ

Posted Wed May 16, 2012 6:59 pm

MA Fish Finder

Social Links