samf

the reason i haven't fished the pad crasher is b/c i don't like the color selection but i may get a few. i try to wait for a sale and then stock up to save some money.

i've caught about 30 fish on this one black/gold koppers so far. the paint's really starting to fade on the bottom but it doesn't matter...it still catches fish. i like them b/c you can get the smaller size that still casts well with a baitcaster and heavy rod / line.

I do agree on the colors. That's why i started fishing some odd colors like shad frog or the black and red one. It's also nice throwing some weird colors cause everyone else is trying natural frogs.

Posted Thu Jun 27, 2013 1:53 pm

gobig

I got 10x better results once i trimmed off 1/4" off of one of the leg skirts. The extra drag on one side makes it do a little shuffle after you pop it.

agreed, as i said in one of my other posts.. i actually trim almost an inch of one side... it walk them better the do that whole walk the dog side to side thing..

Posted Thu Jun 27, 2013 2:14 pm

Color on slop, or pads realy doesn't matter.. if you have a blow up. you gotta do this. Say to yourself set the hook. then set it. allways works. cant be to quick to set. If they are just snappin at it, call it quits on the frog.

Posted Fri Jun 28, 2013 2:52 am

ive gone out almost everyday since I bought the frog, and damn it can be frusterating. For the most part, I haven't even got hit. But on two different days I got 5 strikes, and landed only 2 or 3 fish out of the 10 total hits. im gonna try trimming the skirt. but one person told me to cut one leg, and others are saying both. so I just don't know what to do lol. hopefully it will help me get more strikes tho

Posted Fri Jun 28, 2013 10:03 pm

narcotic

ive gone out almost everyday since I bought the frog, and damn it can be frusterating. For the most part, I haven't even got hit. But on two different days I got 5 strikes, and landed only 2 or 3 fish out of the 10 total hits. im gonna try trimming the skirt. but one person told me to cut one leg, and others are saying both. so I just don't know what to do lol. hopefully it will help me get more strikes tho

i get way more fish on soft zoom horny toads than any hollow body frogs..

Posted Sat Jun 29, 2013 12:43 pm

just gotta throw it where they are. i caught about 20 today on a koppers frog pitching it to cover. they were tight to cover hugging the shoreline. had to pitch it right on top of them and twitch a few times or teabag.

Posted Sat Jun 29, 2013 2:09 pm

Live target frogs are by far the best frog out IMO the spros are nice but the plastic is a little hard the LT frogs have a nice soft body to them. I dislike the boo-yah pad crasher there great for the price but id rather spend the the extra 2-3 bucks and get a livè target

Posted Sat Jun 29, 2013 9:00 pm

I just saw that Dick's (yes Shawn I said Dick's) has a sale noe through July 6 on lures. Buy one and get half off the second.

Posted Mon Jul 01, 2013 8:59 am

I just picked up a yellow scum frog non popper at bass pro yesterday, my second cast i had an insane blow up on it and ended up with a nice three pounder. Unfortunatley my phone was in the car. I was using a medium-fast retrieval along the shore when i caught it.

Posted Mon Jul 01, 2013 12:56 pm

Yes, I've had success with Scum Frogs...and they aren't nearly as realistic looking as many others. Just goes to show that realism is overrated.

Posted Mon Jul 01, 2013 2:24 pm

bloomagoo

Yes, I've had success with Scum Frogs...and they aren't nearly as realistic looking as many others. Just goes to show that realism is overrated.

i agree but realistic looking baits inspire confidence.

I'm a fan of Live Target Frogs. Very detailed and last a while. I put 3 tiny steel ball bearing in my frogs.

Posted Mon Jul 01, 2013 3:01 pm

Just started froggin myself and love me some boo yah poppin pad crasher

Posted Mon Jul 01, 2013 7:57 pm

MA Fish Finder

Social Links