im looking to buy a crank bait rod i was wondering if any of you guys have ever used a shimano sellus, skeet reese crank bait rod or and bass pro shops crankin stick

Posted Tue Apr 30, 2013 3:13 pm

if you don't fish from boat, don't get your self into lure specific rod and reel. All you need is a medium action, medium rod in 7 foot. Rod manufacturer don't have standard on the spec. if you feel the rod is a little bit tip soft, you can use it as crankbait rod. I use any rod for crankbait as long as tip is not too stiff. If it is a little bit stiff, I use mono fishing line instead of flourocarbon fish line. The whole combo should have some "give" when fish take the crankbait.

ranger85

im looking to buy a crank bait rod i was wondering if any of you guys have ever used a shimano sellus, skeet reese crank bait rod or and bass pro shops crankin stick

Posted Tue Apr 30, 2013 3:36 pm

thanks willy68 however i do fish from a boat and i really want to get into some serious crank bait fishing thanks for the line information that should come in handy

Posted Tue Apr 30, 2013 3:41 pm

I have the Skeet Reese 7' cranking rod. It works fine I just hate the color. I don't like him also. Got the rod on ebay for a reasonable price...

Posted Tue Apr 30, 2013 5:06 pm

I have a skeet Reese already Jonyak but its a shakeyhead/senko I like the feel but color could be a bit better than banana yellow lol

Posted Tue Apr 30, 2013 6:13 pm

skeet reese rods are really good in my opinion but my favorite cranking stick is a browning medallion

Posted Tue Apr 30, 2013 6:17 pm

kamilfishes

skeet reese rods are really good in my opinion but my favorite cranking stick is a browning medallion

How much do they go for ?

Posted Tue Apr 30, 2013 6:47 pm

Bump

Posted Wed May 01, 2013 5:20 am

ranger85

kamilfishes

How much do they go for ?

around 110

Posted Wed May 01, 2013 5:36 am

Don't get the Quantum KVD cranking rod. I've had to replace mine twice. Both times a guide insert either broke or fell out. I have a Wright and McGill Rick Clunn series cranking rod that I really like. They have them on sale at Tackle warehouse for 65 bucks right now. I always use Fluro on my cranking rods. The rod takes all the impact so you don't need the extra stretch from mono. I have the Skeet Reese flipping stick and love it. I like the yellow and black too. I wish I had went with that cranking stick instead of the KVD at the time

Posted Wed May 01, 2013 5:42 am

Thanks guys, Shawn I wa looking at the Rick clunn rods but I'm not sure which to get because there is a lot of models

Posted Wed May 01, 2013 5:48 am

ranger85

Thanks guys, Shawn I wa looking at the Rick clunn rods but I'm not sure which to get because there is a lot of models

Yes there are. And I doubt there's very much difference in them. One may be slightly stiffer than the other. I have the 7'8 deep crank and I throw everything from shallow square bills to 20 foot divers on it.

Posted Wed May 01, 2013 5:52 am

My fishing partner just recently got a Bass Pro shops 7' cranking stick and he loves it. I don't think they cost too much either. 60-70 bucks I think

Posted Wed May 01, 2013 6:24 am

OK, I suggest Quantum Smoke 7 Foot Medium Casting Rod. It is in general a soft rod. You can use it as Jerkbait, Lipless rod. You can use it as small worm, small jig rod. Casting very well. You maybe able to find it on ebay around 100 bucks. I made a deal with a seller, I bought 2 smoke rod to match up with my smoke reel. I think I paid 170 including shipping for 2 rods.

ranger85

thanks willy68 however i do fish from a boat and i really want to get into some serious crank bait fishing thanks for the line information that should come in handy

Posted Wed May 01, 2013 8:23 am

Bass Pro Crankin Stick is a very good rod. If it breaks, snaps or whatever you can just take it back to them for a new one. Huge pain to send rods to back to manufacturers.

It is all about personal preference...and convenience

Posted Wed May 01, 2013 11:03 am

MA Fish Finder

Social Links