never owned a skeet reese rod personally cause i think the guy is a rotten sellout and stealer of others original ideas but from a few friends i have that are retard skeet lovers they bought the worm/jig rod and flippin stick both of which snapped at the tip on a hookset ,each was only about a month old when this happened (not both on the same day of course) and ive read all over the place the asme things that people have the first footof the tip snap off on hooksets so based on what ive seen first hand and what ive read elsewhere id say steer clear of the black and yellow...

Posted Wed May 01, 2013 7:01 pm

i had wanted a 7'10" cranking rod for deep diving cranks so i checked out the KVD and the Reese models and found them way too heavy to throw for any length of time. I finally settled on a 7'4" BPS extreme rod. Fairly soft tip and enough length to give i pretty good launch and not overly heavy.

Posted Wed May 01, 2013 7:15 pm

bassinbrooksy

never owned a skeet reese rod personally cause i think the guy is a rotten sellout and stealer of others original ideas but from a few friends i have that are retard skeet lovers they bought the worm/jig rod and flippin stick both of which snapped at the tip on a hookset ,each was only about a month old when this happened (not both on the same day of course) and ive read all over the place the asme things that people have the first footof the tip snap off on hooksets so based on what ive seen first hand and what ive read elsewhere id say steer clear of the black and yellow...

Skeets rods have mixed reviews for sure I gambled Ina shakeyhead pole and love it color scheme could be a bit better to

Posted Wed May 01, 2013 7:22 pm

I won a few and they snapped. Got them replaced and gave them away. Cranking rods are heavy. Not to mention ugly as sin. I fish gloomis and shimano cranking sticks.

Posted Wed May 01, 2013 7:28 pm

ranger85

bassinbrooksy

Skeets rods have mixed reviews for sure I gambled Ina shakeyhead pole and love it color scheme could be a bit better to

lol i actually like the black and yellow color scheme but i dont like it because it is associated with him haha. i just dont like the guy and owning a black and yellow rod or reel is like saying hey look at me im a skeetaholic!

Posted Wed May 01, 2013 7:33 pm

Yeah I lol not a huge fan if him my self but I jumped the band wagon of tech specific rods

Posted Wed May 01, 2013 7:51 pm

bassinbrooksy

ranger85

bassinbrooksy

lol i actually like the black and yellow color scheme but i dont like it because it is associated with him haha. i just dont like the guy and owning a black and yellow rod or reel is like saying hey look at me im a skeetaholic!

Hahaha really? I'll be honest, I didn't know who he was. I bought the rod after fishing with another Maff guy that has one and loves it. I had no idea about Skeet Reese's rep, weather or not he was a good fisherman or what his deal was. I trusted my buddy and like the black and yellow. So if you see me punching pads try not to think Skeetaholic

Posted Wed May 01, 2013 7:55 pm

It will be hard to refrain from it now lol

Posted Wed May 01, 2013 8:18 pm

shawneramone

bassinbrooksy

ranger85

bassinbrooksy

Hahaha really? I'll be honest, I didn't know who he was. I bought the rod after fishing with another Maff guy that has one and loves it. I had no idea about Skeet Reese's rep, weather or not he was a good fisherman or what his deal was. I trusted my buddy and like the black and yellow. So if you see me punching pads try not to think Skeetaholic

Well I mean he won the 09 classic so the guy knows his s*** but he is just a promotion whore like roland martin and the so called " skeet reese designed" berkey havoc sick fish is actually a little creeper all american trash fish. Among other things that annoy me I just feel the guy has no integrity

Posted Wed May 01, 2013 9:19 pm

I'm an attention whore

Posted Thu May 02, 2013 6:40 am

If I ordered a rod from tackle ware house and select 2 day shipping do you guys think it will come Saturday ?

Posted Thu May 02, 2013 4:46 pm

ranger yo'll be lucky if it comes by Saturday because tackle warehouse it out've California. I ordered stuff from their two Thursdays ago and didn't get it until that monday. and I did 2 day shipping too but you never know

Posted Thu May 02, 2013 5:01 pm

no it won't. ups doesn't deliver on sat. and either does their overnight fedex service. i had a late overnight shipment and it sat in east boston all weekend.

Posted Thu May 02, 2013 5:11 pm

Awh man well looks like I'm out of luck for the week end lol

Posted Thu May 02, 2013 6:11 pm

MA Fish Finder

Social Links